Balance suggestion on Plate Armors

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So currently the meta armor is plate or soft armor. In PVP how often do you see anything other than plate or ranger? Rarely at best, and if you do they are usually noobs or idiots, like me.

So here is the suggestion.

Remove the ability to craft plate armor out of any carapace. Make it so plate can only be crafted out of solid materials, like dental, bone, horn, or metal.

This will make plate mean something.

Right now if you're a melee fighter you HAVE to wear plate.

If you are a hybrid you wear Ranger.

If you are a dedicate mage, Rugged.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
They could also nerf plate armor made from bone & dental matz while rebalance metal matz so most of them can make decent armor with decent weight limits that aren't 35kg for the same def as armor made with bone tissue. Literally cuprum plate armor with fullgrain leather 32kg and only 35/45/43 def, bone tissue 13kg def 37/44/40 nearly triple the weight for the same stats, And bone tissue stacks can be farmed in the thousands cuprum you have to spend a whole day of gathering and refining to make 1 stack of cuprum, plus the only race that can wear plate armor that weights over 26kg are oghmirs.

But the reason most people use plate armor is because there not much of a difference with medium armor made from carapace compared to plate made with bone and dental based matz plus bone and dental matz are stupidly easy to farm, mean while to make decent medium armor you need to farm your ass off for Heavy carapace, or crustaceans carapace but the def that armor makes = the same stats as plate armor made from iron bone and only weights 1-2kg less. This design choose doesn't make sense at all tbh a lot more people would be using medium armors if bone plate armors weren't so light and strong at the same time.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The only reason to make bone tissue armor is to level your shit. If they fixed that system, they could remove bone tissue as a primary mat. Bone tissue should be like a dog shit backer and a dog shit core and that's it.

Khurite splint heavy sets could use some balance. The 11-16 armor wt being bone plate is kinda wack. When that's where armors like khurite, ranger, risar made out of heavy mats should be. Also super sad to not have a second med armor in there. Unless it's some secret shit I don't have. I DEF see the purpose of medium armor. It's usually best return and it'll keep ya alive. This problem also exists in horse armor. "The Middle" is hard, tho.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
The only reason to make bone tissue armor is to level your shit. If they fixed that system, they could remove bone tissue as a primary mat. Bone tissue should be like a dog shit backer and a dog shit core and that's it.

Khurite splint heavy sets could use some balance. The 11-16 armor wt being bone plate is kinda wack. When that's where armors like khurite, ranger, risar made out of heavy mats should be. Also super sad to not have a second med armor in there. Unless it's some secret shit I don't have. I DEF see the purpose of medium armor. It's usually best return and it'll keep ya alive. This problem also exists in horse armor. "The Middle" is hard, tho.
whats wrong with dog shit armor? only people who cant fight are dogy popoo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
whats wrong with dog shit armor? only people who cant fight are dogy popoo

you comin back, you my friend now huh...? lol. Hey you were the one tryin' to make me heavy carp armor and I was like thx, banx. ;) ;)

I AM THE KING OF DOG SHIT ARMOR.

Reactions: oykd

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
you comin back, you my friend now huh...? lol. Hey you were the one tryin' to make me heavy carp armor and I was like thx, banx. ;) ;)

I AM THE KING OF DOG SHIT ARMOR.
no just bored while sitting on toilet :D

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
this game is a like news you like what your read but doesnt matter what it says :D

the forum, maybe, but it's still MO. Use da gear, play da gam. It's even seeming less zergy now, but I guess that's cuz pop drop. I guess all the zergs are farming stacks of gold. heh.

I got you for mats @ Jungle Camp if you come down thooo.

The only thing they changed about the game was somehow made about 200-300 people come back.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
They could also nerf plate armor made from bone & dental matz while rebalance metal matz so most of them can make decent armor with decent weight limits that aren't 35kg for the same def as armor made with bone tissue. Literally cuprum plate armor with fullgrain leather 32kg and only 35/45/43 def, bone tissue 13kg def 37/44/40 nearly triple the weight for the same stats, And bone tissue stacks can be farmed in the thousands cuprum you have to spend a whole day of gathering and refining to make 1 stack of cuprum, plus the only race that can wear plate armor that weights over 26kg are oghmirs.

But the reason most people use plate armor is because there not much of a difference with medium armor made from carapace compared to plate made with bone and dental based matz plus bone and dental matz are stupidly easy to farm, mean while to make decent medium armor you need to farm your ass off for Heavy carapace, or crustaceans carapace but the def that armor makes = the same stats as plate armor made from iron bone and only weights 1-2kg less. This design choose doesn't make sense at all tbh a lot more people would be using medium armors if bone plate armors weren't so light and strong at the same time.

Maybe because I farm.. but heavy carapace is not that hard to get. Also dont know if you have ever handled real copper but it is really soft metal and you can bend it with ease by hand. You can punch through a 6mm thick sheet of copper with a plastic ball point pen, which is softer than most bones.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Maybe because I farm.. but heavy carapace is not that hard to get. Also dont know if you have ever handled real copper but it is really soft metal and you can bend it with ease by hand. You can punch through a 6mm thick sheet of copper with a plastic ball point pen, which is softer than most bones.
I know farming bone tissue, ironbone, Molarium are all 100x easier to farm than Heavy carapace are located every were in the map an in some chases within the safe zone of a town, and you only need 1k of those matz to make a set of armor you need 2k for armor made with Heavy carapace. And I know copper's prosperities in real life, but this isn't real life appling real life laws to a video games usually results in a dogshit game thus dogshit balance. Plus why does cuprum make good weapons but pig iron makes dogshit weapons realistically pig iron a better metal for making weapons than copper, but in this game copper is better why? Because fuck realism and thank the ability to spin and control how fast I can spin while in mid air with no direct contact to anything, how the am I making my self spin faster or slower when I'm not touching something to apply the force needed to do this who cares fuck realism.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Where is the safezone to farm molarium and ironbone in?

Good question. I mean Haven... but you cant get Ironbone there because you cant get the book. And molarium only drops on a couple of mobs there. Good luck bringing that to Myrland in any meaningful numbers.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

GOOOOSE

May 29, 2020
Just re balance the incentive to use as heavy a set of armor as possible to make medium armors more viable. Want to wear 20+weight plate armor? You lose a little bit of speed like the horses do in heavy armor.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
Do not take away people's ability to craft something they like. Some people like keeled on their plate. Also weather mechanic is not in the game yet though it will be negating some of the heavy armor meta.

Better change would be to increase the Stamina regen Penalty & make it so heavier armor slows you down to a degree. Armor training would negate most of this, but if you're in plate armor your speed should be affected.

Currently you just invest Armor Training + Heavy Armor training and a Sheevra in Steel is faster than a human in cloth. Medium armors are useless outside of MA's or people RPing as a Kurite.

Not saying you should be as slow as a fat mage, but you should not be able to dive in heavy Plate, leave that to the rogues/medium armor lads who can zoom.

Reactions: Jatix

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Where is the safezone to farm molarium and ironbone in?
There literally razorbacks spawns within sneezing distance to Bakti & MK, and springboks spawn so close to Fab that they literally run into the town's bank. The chances of someone ganking you before you run back into the wall is slim you'd have to be completely zerged for this to happen, but considering razorbacks can be killed with a torch at zero skill points in club weapons why would anyone zerg a single naked guy for a torch? Good luck finding Heavy Carapace that close to a town and killing the mobs that drop it naked with a vendor weapon your not skilled into. But I mean sure I guess your right armor perfectly balanced I guess it fine that easy to farm low tier matz that drop off low tier mobs can make gear = to high tier hard to farm matz that require 700 skills points just to make the mat or the matz only drop off rare or dungeon boss enemies. Anyway my conculsion to this thread is OP just got a bait thread here sorry for even considering that there balancing issues with armor long live plate armor starvault just nerf medium armor.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Do not take away people's ability to craft something they like. Some people like keeled on their plate. Also weather mechanic is not in the game yet though it will be negating some of the heavy armor meta.

Better change would be to increase the Stamina regen Penalty & make it so heavier armor slows you down to a degree. Armor training would negate most of this, but if you're in plate armor your speed should be affected.

Currently you just invest Armor Training + Heavy Armor training and a Sheevra in Steel is faster than a human in cloth. Medium armors are useless outside of MA's or people RPing as a Kurite.

Not saying you should be as slow as a fat mage, but you should not be able to dive in heavy Plate, leave that to the rogues/medium armor lads who can zoom.

The last part I agree with you. It is comical to me that a man in 50+ pounds of gear can keep up with someone in 4lb of gear. That is like saying an Olympic sprinter is just as fast with a 20kg weight vest on as he is naked.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
So currently the meta armor is plate or soft armor. In PVP how often do you see anything other than plate or ranger? Rarely at best, and if you do they are usually noobs or idiots, like me.

So here is the suggestion.

Remove the ability to craft plate armor out of any carapace. Make it so plate can only be crafted out of solid materials, like dental, bone, horn, or metal.

This will make plate mean something.

Right now if you're a melee fighter you HAVE to wear plate.

If you are a hybrid you wear Ranger.

If you are a dedicate mage, Rugged.

I like this idea. I'd even take it a step further and say make plate metal only. First of all, it just makes sense actually.

Gameplay wise, this would work perfectly IF you just implemented medium weight armors for butcher mats, along with this change.

Heavy=Plate, always metal, heavy weight requirement, small sprint speed penalty (this would have the affect that even sub-optimal metals are actually useful for armor to some extent, vs just nonsensically throwing bullshit butcher mats together & out-statting most metal)

Medium=leathers, scavenged/butcher bs, middle weight requirement, tiny speed penalty (best stuff is made with high tier butcher mats; maybe throw in some resin/hardening agents or something for extra high-quality/expensive versions if you want idk).

light= same as now, except now it's fast relatively speaking

Speed differences would have to be fairly minor though. Run speed is pretty OP strategically in this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
I like this idea. I'd even take it a step further and say make plate metal only. First of all, it just makes sense actually.

Gameplay wise, this would work perfectly IF you just implemented medium weight armors for butcher mats, along with this change.

Heavy=Plate, always metal, heavy weight requirement, small sprint speed penalty (this would have the affect that even sub-optimal metals are actually useful for armor to some extent, vs just nonsensically throwing bullshit butcher mats together & out-statting most metal)

Medium=leathers, scavenged/butcher bs, middle weight requirement, tiny speed penalty (best stuff is made with high tier butcher mats; maybe throw in some resin/hardening agents or something for extra high-quality/expensive versions if you want idk).

light= same as now, except now it's fast relatively speaking

Speed differences would have to be fairly minor though. Run speed is pretty OP strategically in this game.
No it realistic to be able to make armor out of anything I find laying on the ground, armor made out of teeth it just realistically makes sense that it stronger than metals I mean that what they made armor out of 2000 years before the bronze ages, oh and armor made from bronze no it makes sense it weaker than bone and weights so much that you need 3 people just to carry the person wearing it so the person wearing it can move. So don't ruin my realism by taking away my bone armor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kaquenqos