Balance suggestion on Plate Armors

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I was watching TMNT movie, the real one, and I still think there is a place for lite armor with carp on the back. TURTLE ARMOR! Then you don't need a shield! :D

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
You should be able to make khurite splinted out of metals. That's the whole point of lamellar armor, it's small plates of metal or other hard material joined together with a soft material providing better flexibility and mobility than full plate or scale, doing this should be like a lighter lower defensive value version of Risar soldier armor. Lemme make bloodsilk cronite khurite splinted plz SV

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix and Hodo

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
There literally razorbacks spawns within sneezing distance to Bakti & MK, and springboks spawn so close to Fab that they literally run into the town's bank. The chances of someone ganking you before you run back into the wall is slim you'd have to be completely zerged for this to happen, but considering razorbacks can be killed with a torch at zero skill points in club weapons why would anyone zerg a single naked guy for a torch? Good luck finding Heavy Carapace that close to a town and killing the mobs that drop it naked with a vendor weapon your not skilled into. But I mean sure I guess your right armor perfectly balanced I guess it fine that easy to farm low tier matz that drop off low tier mobs can make gear = to high tier hard to farm matz that require 700 skills points just to make the mat or the matz only drop off rare or dungeon boss enemies. Anyway my conculsion to this thread is OP just got a bait thread here sorry for even considering that there balancing issues with armor long live plate armor starvault just nerf medium armor.
oh dear oh dear. I was just asking. No need to get all worked up.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
No it realistic to be able to make armor out of anything I find laying on the ground, armor made out of teeth it just realistically makes sense that it stronger than metals I mean that what they made armor out of 2000 years before the bronze ages, oh and armor made from bronze no it makes sense it weaker than bone and weights so much that you need 3 people just to carry the person wearing it so the person wearing it can move. So don't ruin my realism by taking away my bone armor.
You should share some of that glue you are huffing so I can get on your level with this one :)

That's as may be. That doesn't say 'safe' to me, though.
I have definitely been ganked literally just on the edge of guard territory when leaving to hunt... So it is definitely not 100% 'guaranteed' safe.

Most of the time you are fine, but there are people who will wait hidden behind objects with 1 or 2 friends to ambush people literally right as they exit guard distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
You should share some of that glue you are huffing so I can get on your level with this one :)
I got it from the OP of the thread, he wants to debate realism when it comes to balance in this game so I took some of his realism glue to get on his level to see just how realistic a game with giant spiders that lay exploding eggs can be. But on the topic of realism armor made of carapace in real life was actually pure dogshit so realistically all carapace crafted items should either be nerf into the ground and have 1/5 of the stats they do now or just be removed same with Ironsilk we can't have made up crafting matz it not real enough to just invent items that don't exist in real life.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I got it from the OP of the thread, he wants to debate realism when it comes to balance in this game so I took some of his realism glue to get on his level to see just how realistic a game with giant spiders that lay exploding eggs can be. But on the topic of realism armor made of carapace in real life was actually pure dogshit so realistically all carapace crafted items should either be nerf into the ground and have 1/5 of the stats they do now or just be removed same with Ironsilk we can't have made up crafting matz it not real enough to just invent items that don't exist in real life.

I feel like this has to be said. I realize your sarcasm of the first post (like many didn't?) and you are right, the game has some wonk in it in terms of what is allowed and what isn't.

That being said, I disagree with the whole magic logic or giant spider logic. I mean, it all MAKES SENSE.

The part that doesn't make sense is like... all the trees looking different but being the same wood. Making armor out of bone tissue or emalji that you harvested from zombies. And the armor is bad but it's... not THAT BAD lol. It's good enough. It's good enough to zerg a dude or farm in. Def good enough for a lot of PvE.

There should be uses for everything, and it should all 'tree up,' but I feel like this falls under the idea of "balance steel," the whole like... wearing any plate armor is P GOOD. You should be getting blasted if you get hit with even flake in BT armor. I dunno what sort of dmg bonus they calc'd it off of, but I think they should have calc'd it lower. Maybe like 20%? Then let Thurs shine with their almost 40, cuz that's their basic 'skill' if they decide to be fuckhuge.

Again: I wear hornscale/x on Maltie and I never get banged hard enough to change what my original plan was, unless I get maged or something.

NERF ARMOR.