AMA Response, please abandon 1 world commitment in favor of a better gameplay experience POLL

Do not sacrifice a great gameplay experience / ping to maintain a 1 world commitment.

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If they did the multi continent idea one good thing is given how that doesn't truly separate the population the way multiple servers would they could even do an Oceanic continent. I'd probably make that one smaller than NA/EU based on how much smaller population data suggests it should be. But like NA and EU I'd give it all the base resources it needs to be mostly self-sufficient.

150 ping is still kind of harsh. I can really feel ping issues in the current game and I'm working with 160 right now. At 300+ I'm guessing even some of the top EU melees would be essentially forced to play a minion master build if they had to switch pings for awhile.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
You down with OP?? That's a HARD AND FAST NO!!
61m9jG%2Bjj-L._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bernfred

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Some of my best experiences in the game were with players from other parts of the world. It is one of the things that makes this game unique.

If we divide the game in this way then it takes a large part of MO's soul away in my opinion.

Same for me! I liked the alliance times in EVIL very much with players from many countries, different time zones and the need to discuss politics with more than just some players from the same part in the world.

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
My solution would be to move the server to the east coast. That would stop the constant tantrums and we still keep the one world design.
Let me guess, is this idea coming from an USA citizen?
If we all accord that Earth isn't flat, moving server back and forth for the globe will never solve the issue. You can increase percentage of happy players by a bit in the best case, nothing more.

My humble opinion:
I think the most critic feature that feeds this discussion is the melee combat.
Right now MO2 melee doesn't appeal to me, and I don't think whatever patch SV would eventually make in the future could change that, even by impossibly making city servers.
MO2 has (at least on paper) many more features other than melee combat, that would greatly benefit from a unique world game server.

Honestly if I want to play a competitive medieval slashing game, I go play Mordahu (not that is the best, I barely give it a 5.5/10 for my tastes) or many such games out there.

So just to know where community is going, I would like to make a question to the ones Pro Splitted Regional Server:
Are you willing to sacrifice the possibility to play in much more various ways with great number of different culture/timeshift players, just to speed up combat a bit? (No Sarcasm or Trolling involved, I just want to open my mind).

And please do not stuck only on the offline Clan raids or such, even in the same time-zones players got different work/sleep time schedules;
as we all know, if someone is so lame planning to offline raid you, he just does it no matter work/sleep/etc. they will always find a way.
You just got less possibilities to happens in same timezone.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Oceania here so I don't really have a horse in this race. Like a few others have said, I really like the fact that people from all over are playing in a single persistent world. An NA server location would benefit me but I would miss all the weird euro's that I played alongside in MO1. I'm sure that would matter less as long as the server(s) were adequately populated.

Keen to see how the new melee system goes that was demoed in stream, which might be as good as it can get at a global level.

Reactions: Vagrant

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
Na, I'm from the EU.

I don't think it would affect me much though and then I get to eternally blame ping everytime I die.
So your point is basically having faith in the fact EU players will not start all this over again versus East Coast Server?
Same thing, opposite roles.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
So your point is basically having faith in the fact EU players will not start all this over again versus East Coast Server?
Same thing, opposite roles.

Well there will always be someone complaining but the US players just seem to be the best at it. So I think we should surrender to the superiority of their whining powers.

Then again it is entertaining to see the same thread play out every other month. Same with 3rd person.

Reactions: Xunila and Vagrant

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
I'm going to wait and see what happens before forming an opinion one way or another. If they're following their patch schedule, there's a patch coming out soon. Maybe that will enlighten us on some equalizers to our ping dilemma.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The poll is essentially useless because the question is heavily biased.

If done correctly you can still have a "great game experience" with one world server.

Obviously most people would want Star Vault to not sacrifice the games play-ability completely simply due to wanting a one world server, it's not that simple.

Reactions: Xervoz

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Some of my best experiences in the game were with players from other parts of the world. It is one of the things that makes this game unique.

If we divide the game in this way then it takes a large part of MO's soul away in my opinion.

^ pretty much exactly this

Wouldn't be MO without one server for everyone

Reactions: Vagrant and Amadman

Javelin

Nov 13, 2020
well Im originally from mortal so this bernfred guy doesn’t have a clue. Mordhau is used as an example because it has a strong foundation with enough balance that people use all kinds of different loadouts unlike mortal where everyone is using the same setup. I want good combat in mortal so that its not an RP simulator. I really don’t understand the resistance from some against having more engaging combat, its like they’d rather the game was turn based or something.

Pretty funny to see him say wanting an even playing field is for people with no skill when hes clearly playing with a ping advantage he doesn’t want taken away.

Last edited:

Javelin

Nov 13, 2020
The poll is essentially useless because the question is heavily biased.

If done correctly you can still have a "great game experience" with one world server.

Obviously most people would want Star Vault to not sacrifice the games play-ability completely simply due to wanting a one world server, it's not that simple.
Its not really biased henrik admitted to making concessions to the core mechanics to try and resolve ping. They are making gameplay decisions to satisfy a 1 world server and balancing the game around ping instead of the actual gameplay itself. The poll is a request to stop doing that. If you think its biased because that sounds horrible to do it’s because it is a horrible way to design, that’s the point.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Its not really biased henrik admitted to making concessions to the core mechanics to try and resolve ping. They are making gameplay decisions to satisfy a 1 world server and balancing the game around ping instead of the actual gameplay itself. The poll is a request to stop doing that. If you think its biased because that sounds horrible to do it’s because it is a horrible way to design, that’s the point.
Should probably edit the poll because it seems like it is a choice whether to keep 1 world for all players or to have multiple worlds.

I don't want them to change away from having 1 world for all, that's one of many things I love about MO. At the same time I don't agree in their current quest for fairness above all. I would much rather they focus on having fun and engaging gameplay, particurly the combat.

I don't think I've played a single MMO that didn't have any kind of lag or desync at some point, and have simply learnt to live with it. I think many other players have experienced the same and agree that the most important thing is that the game is fun, as that is what is going to keep you playing.