About ARPK Guilds

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Some guilds are just more complex than just RPK, anti-PK, aRPK...
Such a guild would be both aRPK and RPK at the same time and it's futile to try to fit them under one of the terms.

I mean, they don't even necessarily RPK since outside of home, the members can choose. They can choose to not RPK.
if a member can choose to kill a random player, that would make them RPK by definition

Reactions: Piet

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
if a member can choose to kill a random player, that would make them RPK by definition

No it wouldn't. It makes them potential RPK (pRPK) in certain regions which is regional RPK (rRPK).
pRPK is also paPK and paRPK FYI.

If any of this is confusing you then pay closer attention to where I said
it's futile to try to fit them under one of the terms.

TwistedSister77

Apr 23, 2021
So my understanding is the economy of the game is completely player generated and controlled. There are mercenary guilds/players that your can hire to guard you as you transport wares from region to region.

Attacking a caravan of traders... to get their goods... is this Random PK... or in bounds... all in good sport of the game?

I also understand there is a place on the map with the best resources, but letting solos farm/camp those resources unmolested... is that Random PK?

Thank you for the replies, I'm trying to understand this better... seems like some grey zones.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
No it wouldn't. It makes them potential RPK (pRPK) in certain regions which is regional RPK (rRPK).

It seems more black and white than that (no pk at home aside) if your members have the choice to kill someone for any reason they choose that would be RPK, in the same way an RPK guild doesnt have to kill everyone, they also have the choice, if they see someone and decide they dont want to kill them that doesnt automatically make them ARPK.

see the choice you make doesnt determine what stance your guild has, its the option of choice that does.

PRPK or Potential RPK is the most cowardly fence sitting bullshit i have heard in this type of discussion, just know if you give your guild the option to kill random players you will always been seen as RPK by most real ARPK guilds

Reactions: ROTLUST and Piet

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Having spent a few years in both styles my opinion is that RPK guilds will attack anyone at random, and ARPK will not.

If some people from an arpk group are mining or in the GY and get attacked by an RPK guild they usually will start attacking that RPK guild on site.

Now if an RPK guild shows up to a town for PvP and aren't just griefing nakeds etc I don't personally believe there's anything wrong with that at all and I have a lot of fun when they show up, win or lose.

That being said every player in the game is a person and I've had several encounters with entire groups of RPK guilds where they just chatted with me etc. One time I was asked to give my pants and they would leave me alone and they did. Random is random!

Reactions: Suttner and Piet
Jan 23, 2021
PRPK or Potential RPK is the most cowardly fence sitting bullshit i have heard in this type of discussion, just know if you give your guild the option to kill random players you will always been seen as RPK by most real ARPK guilds

And when some random player comes along and does something and is killed for it, then denies they had committed any such actions how does the 'real ARPK' guilds plan to deliver said judgement?

I strongly suspect that once the full factional systems come into play, the MO1 labels of RPK and ARPK will be entirely unrealistic and left behind with the rest of MO1.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Some guilds are just more complex than just RPK, anti-PK, aRPK...
Such a guild would be both aRPK and RPK at the same time and it's futile to try to fit them under one of the terms.

I mean, they don't even necessarily RPK since outside of home, the members can choose. They can choose to not RPK.
Na that's just Empire building. They are a grey area guild. Some empire building guilds rpk and some pk based off diplomacy or whose attacked them first.

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
And when some random player comes along and does something and is killed for it, then denies they had committed any such actions how does the 'real ARPK' guilds plan to deliver said judgement?

I strongly suspect that once the full factional systems come into play, the MO1 labels of RPK and ARPK will be entirely unrealistic and left behind with the rest of MO1.
Not at all we have a list of rpk and many do deny it. If it's just one time sure they may get away with it if there's no proof but have you ever met anyone to rpk once? And you'd be suprised how many people SS at least if not record to send proof in to us.

Piet

May 28, 2020

No such thing as prpk in arpk books if any member of a guild commits acts of rpk the whole guild is an rpk guild of the leadership won't do anything about it.

Reactions: ROTLUST and Archiel

Piet

May 28, 2020
So my understanding is the economy of the game is completely player generated and controlled. There are mercenary guilds/players that your can hire to guard you as you transport wares from region to region.

Attacking a caravan of traders... to get their goods... is this Random PK... or in bounds... all in good sport of the game?

I also understand there is a place on the map with the best resources, but letting solos farm/camp those resources unmolested... is that Random PK?

Thank you for the replies, I'm trying to understand this better... seems like some grey zones.
It's not as complicated as all that. If you kill anyone without trying to talk it out first or without them being on your kos list you're rpking. There's no hard feelings, I'm friends with many rpkers but it's fun and encourages more layer of play and player interaction beyond a gank fest.

Rolan

Apr 21, 2021
I'm noticing a few guilds are saying "we are an ARPK guild in our home town but anywhere else the members can choose", to me this makes you an RPK guild.
Anyone care to shed some light in this?
I'd say that's RPK, they are choosing who they kill and who they dont with no specific restrictions or guidelines to who that is

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Na that's just Empire building. They are a grey area guild. Some empire building guilds rpk and some pk based off diplomacy or whose attacked them first.

Exactly but I'm just having fun with the people's futile attempts to put arpk, rpk, prpk, grpk, lgbtqrpk+ on every guild.

Some people can't handle grey, they can only understand black and white.

Reactions: Suttner and Tekk

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Exactly but I'm just having fun with the people's futile attempts to put arpk, rpk, prpk, grpk, lgbtqrpk+ on every guild.

Any real ARPK guild won't deal in shades of grey, it's not about understanding, its about having the guts to pick a side and stick to it, there is courage in either side RPK or ARPK there is however no courage in dancing between trying to play both.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Any real ARPK guild won't deal in shades of grey, it's not about understanding, its about having the guts to pick a side and stick to it, there is courage in either side RPK or ARPK there is however no courage in dancing between trying to play both.

Courage? That's the stupidest shit I read all day, to be honest. WTF does courage have to do with it?
If you have an empire building guild that wants to see Moh Ki flourish so you are anti-PK around it but have no love for other cities, so you can RPK around those...how the fuck would it be brave to RPK around the town you are trying to have flourish?

Such cowards, not killing their own "citizens", am I right?

Yikes, my man.

Last edited:

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Some people invent the grey because they don't have it in them to pick a side.

Try some logic and facts, maybe you will change my mind

Reactions: ROTLUST

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Refusing to join either of the big alliances and fighting everyone (without anyone cupping you), that takes courage, guts and determination. We don't want your war.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Some people invent the grey because they don't have it in them to pick a side.

Try some logic and facts, maybe you will change my mind

Good luck "picking a side" when you're anti-PK in region A but RPK in region B.
No need to change the mind of someone who isn't even mentally capable of thinking beyond black and white. Just pointing it out to you.

Grey is a thing. It's up to you whether you get with the times.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Good luck "picking a side" when you're anti-PK in region A but RPK in region B.
No need to change the mind of someone who isn't even mentally capable of thinking beyond black and white. Just pointing it out to you.

Grey is a thing. It's up to you whether you get with the times.
Your opinion is noted, it won't stop people considering you RPK though.

Reactions: ROTLUST

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Your opinion is noted, it won't stop people considering you RPK though.

Your failure to explain why what you do in Region B is more important than what you do in Region A is noted.

What people consider me or my guild to be is irrelevant. More often than not, people mislabel other guilds in MO, both intentionally and out of ignorance. This should not be news to anyone with some time in the game.

What is more troubling is that there are apparently still people stuck in archaic labeling. When a guild is under some circumstances yellow and under other circumstances red, they are not capable of understanding the concept of "orange". They will resort to a futile attempt to label said guild either yellow or red. Based on what? They can't explain.

What is clear however is that this futile attempt to stick to "simple labels" comes from a need to keep things simple and easy. It's stressful on the brain to take nuance into consideration, of course.

I'll you people the complexities of adding Region C into the mix. If it's already too difficult to understand 2 regions, understanding different behaviour across 3 regions is not going to happen.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Your failure to explain why what you do in Region B is more important than what you do in Region A is noted.

What people consider me or my guild to be is irrelevant. More often than not, people mislabel other guilds in MO, both intentionally and out of ignorance. This should not be news to anyone with some time in the game.

What is more troubling is that there are apparently still people stuck in archaic labeling. When a guild is under some circumstances yellow and under other circumstances red, they are not capable of understanding the concept of "orange". They will resort to a futile attempt to label said guild either yellow or red. Based on what? They can't explain.

What is clear however is that this futile attempt to stick to "simple labels" comes from a need to keep things simple and easy. It's stressful on the brain to take nuance into consideration, of course.

I'll you people the complexities of adding Region C into the mix. If it's already too difficult to understand 2 regions, understanding different behaviour across 3 regions is not going to happen.
it is clear that the only thing we will agree on is that we disagree, it will probably only effect one of us in game anyway.