A Little Snippet from Henrik

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
We get the privilege of having a dev team that is open to communication.

We were wondering what one character per acct would really look like. A concern is that a complete redesign of the skill and flagging systems will take time to make sense of and integrate with each other.

I asked Henrik this question and he was kind enough to respond.

1592247677218.png

What do you think? Are the game mechanics going to be in a complete enough state that we can start testing it in the "next patches"?

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
We get the privilege of having a dev team that is open to communication.

We were wondering what one character per acct would really look like. A concern is that a complete redesign of the skill and flagging systems will take time to make sense of and integrate with each other.

I asked Henrik this question and he was kind enough to respond.

View attachment 65

What do you think? Are the game mechanics going to be in a complete enough state that we can start testing it in the "next patches"?
I don't think there is enough information in that exchange to really tell much of anything. His use of the word "critical" implies there have been issues, but nothing massive.

I'm sure the end result will be enjoyable.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Would love to see anything added that would keep people playing long enough to actually test! We need more bug reports!

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Would love to see anything added that would keep people playing long enough to actually test! We need more bug reports!
I think as soon as there is something more to do than only duel there will be more people in there testing stuff, it takes a very special kind of person to continually login and just duel right now.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The skill system is already in place (probably copy&past from MO1). You just can't open yet the skill window. But the chat already says that you increased your skill e.g. for landing technique.
The 1 Char per Account thing is rather balance issue, and not a technical issue.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Cant wait to see the new skill system! how they split combat and crafting, which ones are active and which ones are passive skills etc. Its the info im looking forward to the most atm honestly

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I foresee a rather big problem with having only 1 char per account, not sure if it has been brought up elsewhere, I.E. lack of population. In MO1 I can sub 1 account that has 4 chars that I can have scattered all around the world for different purposes, then multiply that over several accounts and I can play all around the world to find action or farming. Being held to 1 char, even if I sub multiple accounts, I can't be in as many places and neither can everyone else, then add in the fact that the world is going to be bigger, that the forest is much harder to see through to find people, and it seems that the game is in danger of seeming very empty and that will cause fewer people to want to play which forms a sort of spiral down to emptiness as happens in MO1.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The skill system is already in place (probably copy&past from MO1). You just can't open yet the skill window. But the chat already says that you increased your skill e.g. for landing technique.

More or less copy&paste, but with massive changes concerning the primary and secondary skills. I'm very interested to see the implementation of "PvP primary" and "crafting primary" skills. And, yes, the chat already tells about increasing skill points in the movement area.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I think its mor ea rework than a copy paste.

It depends if they reworked whats primary and what not and whats combat and what not.
and so on its more a content decision i guess.

Henrik will get it right. after 10years i finally trust him to do things right. :)

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I think its mor ea rework than a copy paste.

It depends if they reworked whats primary and what not and whats combat and what not.
and so on its more a content decision i guess.

Henrik will get it right. after 10years i finally trust him to do things right. :)

With copy past I meant the framework, and not the skills itself...
"The 1 Char per Account thing is rather balance issue, and not a technical issue. "

Reactions: Speznat

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I foresee a rather big problem with having only 1 char per account, not sure if it has been brought up elsewhere, I.E. lack of population. In MO1 I can sub 1 account that has 4 chars that I can have scattered all around the world for different purposes, then multiply that over several accounts and I can play all around the world to find action or farming. Being held to 1 char, even if I sub multiple accounts, I can't be in as many places and neither can everyone else, then add in the fact that the world is going to be bigger, that the forest is much harder to see through to find people, and it seems that the game is in danger of seeming very empty and that will cause fewer people to want to play which forms a sort of spiral down to emptiness as happens in MO1.
I take your point, and agree with it being a potential problem.

my hope is however, that it will be like local banking. You can say you lack the items in the locations you need and that’s why everyone is naked etc. To an extent that’s true but it also hopefully makes for overall a better game

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
With copy past I meant the framework, and not the skills itself...
"The 1 Char per Account thing is rather balance issue, and not a technical issue. "
Yeah it is a balance issue and not a technical issue which I suppose is much better than having a technical issue and a balance issue. I was aware of this however and wasn’t talking about the programming of it at all but rather the balancing. Which I think and I’m making this up takes a long time to completely rework your game balance

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah it is a balance issue and not a technical issue which I suppose is much better than having a technical issue and a balance issue. I was aware of this however and wasn’t talking about the programming of it at all but rather the balancing. Which I think and I’m making this up takes a long time to completely rework your game balance

I'm pretty sure how it's gonna end.
They make a decent skill pool, which limit players in some ways.
The crafting pool of that 1 char will be lower than what you were able to fit into 4 MO1 chars when you used all for crafting.
Community crys.
They increase the pool.
Community crys again. Still not enough points!

Hope SV stays hard on their decisions and we don't get a back and forth.

Reactions: Speznat

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Hopefully they manage to make it balanced skill pool wise.

Where you get to do enough but not too much to be satisfied with 1 char. There will always be the players like me who probably will have several accounts no matter what.

And that the game is populated enough and have things to do and things happening to not make the world feel empty.