Road map

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
From what I heard recently on one of Henrik's livestreams, they're moving away from the two patch per month model, and towards a "It'll be ready when it's ready".

So, I'm guessing they'll ditch the current roadmap, or replace it with a more flexible one that only shows what they're working on next, without any release dates.

manure

May 7, 2022
Damn... That is sad.

Thieving was listed as one of those next incoming features... DAMNIT. They must implement it. Been waiting for a year,,..,.,

There is less players playing this game each day... I only hope there will be enough people in game for us to steal once thieving finally comes out !
They gotta hurry up with that !

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
From what I heard recently on one of Henrik's livestreams, they're moving away from the two patch per month model, and towards a "It'll be ready when it's ready".

So, I'm guessing they'll ditch the current roadmap, or replace it with a more flexible one that only shows what they're working on next, without any release dates.

So the Star Citizen approach. Awesome (sarcasm).

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Damn... That is sad.

Thieving was listed as one of those next incoming features... DAMNIT. They must implement it. Been waiting for a year,,..,.,

There is less players playing this game each day... I only hope there will be enough people in game for us to steal once thieving finally comes out !

LOL the ultimate grief mechanic of naked veela's standing behind everyone at a bank fiddling their anus cavities for loose change.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Damn... That is sad.

Imagine the only thing a graveyard “pvp” player is waiting on is thieving

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ditching the road map pretty much says "we fired a ton of employees to save money because we are going into life support mode. Unfinished game isnt going to get finished, once again.

Damn... That is sad.

Thieving wont be playable in MO2 anyway. MO1 didn't have standing system. MO1 you lose standing if you go grey and aggro guards. So its pretty much the equivalent of getting a MC every time you died in MO1.

The real badass GY tactic was to have a thief fighter in the GY. Nobody can resist attacking you if you walk right up to them and snoop. And if they dont hit you you just start stealing anything they have every time they stand still.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ditching the road map pretty much says "we fired a ton of employees to save money because we are going into life support mode. Unfinished game isnt going to get finished, once again.

I think they just realized that they couldnt get away with releasing buggy unpolished patches. They lost a lot of players to that.

The original plan was to say fuck the extperince of the game and just let players deal with the fast but buggy patches.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
mehhhh , i sorta wanna come back when thieving or another continent happen , guess it won't be soon right

Reactions: Amadman

manure

May 7, 2022
LOL the ultimate grief mechanic of naked veela's standing behind everyone at a bank fiddling their anus cavities for loose change.

Ahhh, come on Hodo. You know it was fun !
MO1 was excellent !!! I hadnt had that fun since the good old times in Ultima Online... Thieving was unique ! They should implement it again.

I am sorry, master Edyran, that not everybody plays the game like you do, or in the way you think they should do.
Some prefer to tame animals, others to chill around, others to PK, some do enjoy PvP, there are those who enjoy exploring, and a few of them like to steal from players.

Go play your way in peace and stop criticizing other people's playstyle.

Everyone who plays MO2 deserve the maximum respect. These are great players, doesnt matter how newbie or master they are. The simple fact that they re playing a full loot game like MO2 already makes them good respectable players. Else, they wouldnt be playing MO2, but any of those garbage candy land carebear games out there in the market.

By the way, you should turn your cannons against exploiters and cheaters.
Go harass them instead of me.

D

Deleted member 44

What happened is that they couldn't meet deadlines as soon as they made them. Instead of being held to any expectations or stadards, they decided to go with 'meh whenever' approach. I really wish we had a development team that wasn't all of Henrik's real life friends.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
They were kicking ass with content patches during the Beta then once the "official release" happened everything seemed to hit a brick wall for the most part. Still hoping we'll get TC, Sieging and Thievery before end of year... I know I know, we'll see...

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Sv is currently levelling their “road mapping” skill after re-rolling their mortal online game to a prettier, larger, slightly dumber one.

However the skill seems to be stuck at 69 and the Great Minds are neither confirming nor denying that this is indeed an unfixable bug….or that the skill even does anything…or exists, at all.

But be sure that, as soon as this is all sorted out, its gonna be the best road map you’ve ever seen in your life son.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think they just realized that they couldnt get away with releasing buggy unpolished patches. They lost a lot of players to that.

The original plan was to say fuck the extperince of the game and just let players deal with the fast but buggy patches.
Yes rushed buggy patches are shit and not good for the game. I'm just skeptical that this is all of a sudden going to give us quality. MO1 patches took months at a time to happen and they were still usually pretty rough and lacking what the game needed. So I expect the player base to just waste away while patches take forever and add the wrong content (trinkets).

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm still kinda sad. Wonder how it got here. I wonder if SV would ever have the balls to remove content from the game and start over w/ certain parts heh.

Reactions: Jatix

manure

May 7, 2022
I'm still kinda sad. Wonder how it got here. I wonder if SV would ever have the balls to remove content from the game and start over w/ certain parts heh.

its frustrating man.

Just remove excessive NPC guards, stop with stupid worthless patches and give us siege and thieving and : BOOM,,, you have the great game back, with thousands of players happy playing again.

What the heck... I cant even kill a god damn horse at Fabernum, hidden on a roof anymore, that as soon as I go gray a lictor guard appears from NOWHERE and insta kills me... So many people enjoyed doing that... Even this little joy was taken away, ruined by the Devs...
WHAT A BORE!

I want my Mortal Online 2 from january/february 2022 back.
it was much better before, on those months.
Bring it back home!

:_{

Reactions: Jatix

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
They were kicking ass with content patches during the Beta then once the "official release" happened everything seemed to hit a brick wall for the most part. Still hoping we'll get TC, Sieging and Thievery before end of year... I know I know, we'll see...
They got their money from sales. Lost motivation when they realized hardly anyone would be willing to pay for a subscription. They are hemorrhaging, with no real solution in sight.

MO1 was on life support for years. It seriously wouldn't surprise me if they just shut down MO2 if they can't get motivated and get a good game going.

Its sad. They had a massive opportunity to release a really good game, but fucked up in WAYYYY too many ways in such a short amount of time.