Feedback "TerrorBirds" Devs are Clueless, let me Clue you in.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I think I speak for Many when I say this Patch was a Shitshow. Mounts Got Buffed in Move speed and In Stamina. In a game that punishes players for trying anything on Foot, it's almost shocking the Balance team isn't doing something to make Foot Combat more viable. To add insult to injury Rep from parcels was nerfed, and there is a new bug in town preventing players from gaining any rep from Risars now.

Enter the Terror Bird. Many people, myself included were really hoping this pet would be something that could actually be fast enough to chase down Mounts. Instead, what we got was a 500 Move speed piece of garbage, that has half it's damage as a Bleed (That doesn't scale damage based off enemy Hp, so it can't even be used as a boss killer) and it only has 500hp. It doesn't have the Hp of a White Bear or Compodon, It doesn't have the damage of either of those pets, It doesn't have the Move speed to catch mounts. It's viability in the game is non-existent, there's no circumstance where you would want to take this thing over other pets except for Role Play Reasons. It cost way too much pet points so a Herding build isn't A option either.

This Pet was a golden opportunity to add some extra spice to the game. It was a Melee Pet that could have still let Mounteds fight back, but also let Tamers fight Mounteds if they made it fast enough to catch them. And that is A example of missed game balance in a game that favors mounts.

You might remember a few months back, everyone and their Grandma complaining about "White Bears Being OP" I was one of very few that was actually stating they aren't Op, because Pets in this game are balanced around Move speed, therefor Mounted players win. I made a Follow up Post explaining why Mounted Archers is OP, because the majority of the player base was not catching on and was in my opinion very stupid, or not versed in PvP. Fast forward to current day, and everyone is on a Mount now and no one is on foot anymore. I think everyone can see now what I said back then, that pets are useless because they can't catch mounts. Without Ranged Pets, Tamers can't do anything against Mounted players. And without a Ranged Dismounting Weapon Foot Fighters can't do anything against Mounted players.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I mean you basically have to be mounted in this game because there's nothing you can do without a mount. You need a mount to gather, a mount to get to PvE spots, a mount to PvP and for well- traveling. Would take a very long time to get somewhere without a mount. I honestly think they should just embrace it and sell crappy cheap mounts at vendors. That way players can always have at least some kind of mount. Because the game is basically impossible to play without one

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
I mean you basically have to be mounted in this game because there's nothing you can do without a mount. You need a mount to gather, a mount to get to PvE spots, a mount to PvP and for well- traveling. Would take a very long time to get somewhere without a mount. I honestly think they should just embrace it and sell crappy cheap mounts at vendors. That way players can always have at least some kind of mount. Because the game is basically impossible to play without one

that's right, it would be nice to put taming free for non-aggressive creatures, or just for horses. the world is too vast to look for a tamer every time or always buy horses for 10/20 gold if they are available. or a new donkey vendor npc.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Is the bleed from an attack you have to unlock or does any attack from a terror bird cause you to bleed? Does bleed prevent healing unless and until you bandage?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
j u s t w a i t f o r d e a t h k n i g h t s
They Don't have to Force us to be Mounted. They can add a City transport system if they really had no other choice. This game is basically trying to copy the Elder Scrolls anyway, may as well add a transport system.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Is the bleed from an attack you have to unlock or does any attack from a terror bird cause you to bleed? Does bleed prevent healing unless and until you bandage?
They deal like 36 damage at low level and like 20 bleed damage. Idk what their max damage is at this time, or how the attacks all work yet, the attack was a standard one that it came with. But it is far less Hp then other pets and only 500 move speed. It's really just a joke of a pet. Even if they did 50 damage more then White Bears or Elephants those pets would still win in a fight and all 3 of these pets can't do anything to mounteds. Being able to beat a Foot Fighter in this game means literally nothing... Because any build can beat a Foot Fighter.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Mo 1 was infinitely better balanced than 2 and that’s saying something.
Eq dismounts won’t even be a thing for a long while and hey until it gets revamped it has less than point blank range atm hahahahaha gg.

You make a good point a dismount pet is a great idea

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Eq dismounts won’t even be a thing for a long while and hey until it gets revamped it has less than point blank range atm hahahahaha gg.

And they expect you to go mine for days just to get a few of the Rare Black Opal, that in those days time Might Not even RNG appear. Honestly it's a Joke. It's not like the current Earthquake is some Ground Breaking overpowered God Spell that warrants having Black Opal be as Rare as it is. The Icing on the cake is to get Ecumenical to level 100 you need to Earthquake Lmao! Imagine Failing all the spell cast because you didn't have enough Black Opal to level it up on release.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Just Remember Boys:
"Full Loot PVP"
When the only class worth killing is Foot Fighters in Metal Plate Sets. Oh wait..... I can't remember the last time I saw someone in Oghmium cuz it doesn't exist. I can't remember the Last time I seen Cronite because only the Dred Boys got it. And Devs only want GK to have it. I can't remember the last time I seen TungSteel Sets because only Oghmirs are the only class that can wear it. I can't remember the Last time I seen someone who was a Foot Fighter because this is Mounted Online GG WP.

Reactions: Teknique

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Are we talking A year from now? Or Are we talking SV time from MO1 10 years after release? I mean the game was GG WP the second they announced a Release without Necromancy and Elementalism in it. It's called MO2 But it has Less then MO1.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
that's right, it would be nice to put taming free for non-aggressive creatures, or just for horses. the world is too vast to look for a tamer every time or always buy horses for 10/20 gold if they are available. or a new donkey vendor npc.
Horse taming can make you a lot of money so it cant be a profession it has to be a action skill - Henrik 2021.

Dude doesn't play the game so he doesn't know how inconvenient it is to not have 50 taming. Tells people that you can just buy a horse which I cant in GK or kran and even then you have horses die all the time for the randomness things. Like Im riding across the map, semi AFK because this shit is boring and I can have a horse die on me. Or in a mounted v mounted situations you are going to lose your horse occasionally.

You are gimping yourself if you dont have 50 taming and are gimping yourself is you do have it.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Horse taming can make you a lot of money so it cant be a profession it has to be a action skill - Henrik 2021.

Dude doesn't play the game so he doesn't know how inconvenient it is to not have 50 taming. Tells people that you can just buy a horse which I cant in GK or kran and even then you have horses die all the time for the randomness things. Like Im riding across the map, semi AFK because this shit is boring and I can have a horse die on me. Or in a mounted v mounted situations you are going to lose your horse occasionally.

You are gimping yourself if you dont have 50 taming and are gimping yourself is you do have it.

Especially if you plan on playing around places like Jungle Camp, where your only real option is to go a bit west and tame a horse to ride

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Especially if you plan on playing around places like Jungle Camp, where your only real option is to go a bit west and tame a horse to ride
They can just add advanced taming along with taming to the profession then off set the need for 100 action points in taming by adding advanced advanced creature control to require you to put those 100 points from taming to even more creature control. Would make the game so much better. Now you need to put 100 profession to get a horse which makes it a fair trade off for a lot of players. Also move the animal care to profession since its literally a profession.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Many people, myself included were really hoping this pet would be something that could actually be fast enough to chase down Mounts.
Wow, that would really be something. People (not even particularly fast people) used to out-run MO1 Terror Birds on foot. TB's are just too much like they always were to be what you want out of them now?
It doesn't have the Hp of a White Bear or Compodon
I think realism strikes, in that case, where possibly it should not.
(T)here's no circumstance where you would want to take this thing (Terror Bird) over other pets except for Role Play Reasons.
Never once in the old Myrland Jungle did I see someone hunting with one, n

or get hunted by someone who had one.

I did see Terror Bird pets in Tindrem on occasion when it was possible to make your Pet follow someone else. Some folks set them to foloow Thieves.

The other occasion for seeing them (huge ones) was at an event sponsored by @Favonius Cornelius .
"just wait for death knights"​
Waiting for death knights is not a solution to the Terror Bird problem.😆
Which just makes it more important to have ways to catch people on mounts and kill them.
They Don't have to Force us to be Mounted. They can add a City transport system
But, they won't. Unless, someday, you being able to ride in a wagon to a different place (instead of ride a mount) counts. I somehyow don't think that would suit you.
Got attcked by a high level Terror Bird. My armor had shit blunt protection and I was close to 3 hit.
I wonder if their attacks can trigger a dismount.
Me, too. They seem perfectly set up to be able to, if Star Vault would allow it.

Reactions: Nefnate

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
right and that's a huge problem. you just said to combat mounted you have to play mounted. meaning its not balanced. eq dismount will solve nothing

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

I feel this pain every time I tame a New White Bear on my Fat mage and bring it from Fab to Meduli I always question why I can't ride the Bear... The Walk on my Fat Mage is like 3 hours from Fab to Meduli...

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Is this a mounted combat simulator? or is it a pvp game with different classes. when one class reigns supreme its not balanced period.
Wake me up again when Heavy Dismounting Crossbows are in game for Foot Fighters.