You should be banned for having blue untagged alts.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It goes against the game as it was designed, mechanically, if you are coming at it from the same cpu, you need to tag up, even if you have multiple tags. You can't just negate that on one character to play outside of that box. That's trash. That's not 'gaming the system' or 'being smart' that's just fail design.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
This would probably cause a massive uproar. I'm usually against taking choice away from players, but this is a real problem.

I'd imagine it would go down in a similar way to password sharing with Netflix. Everybody that has untagged alts would blow a gasket, and SV would walk back on it. Then again, everyone that keeps rerolling their alts for rep is going to lose their shit when the deva system gets here, anyways. So, why not just rip the band-aid off now?

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I seen a lot of blues untagged runing around with rpk guilds or alone (scouts) around key spots were new players have a long way to be and sometimes like 80% acting agresive

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I seen a lot of blues untagged runing around with rpk guilds or alone (scouts) around key spots were new players have a long way to be and sometimes like 80% acting agresive

It's wack, hearhear.

We gotta endure this wack reputation tax and stuff meant to prevent this while people just troll it out. Plus decs... I wanna be able to know who gets the dec lol

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I dont really see the big deal. If someone's killing people and losing standing, that has nothing to do with their tag. I've been killed by groups of different tags before. Me and my friend play tagless because we havent cared to make a guild to have a tag. Having no tag doesnt really do much. Anyone can jump you at any point outside town, what 'tag' they have shouldn't change how you interact with them.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I dont really see the big deal. If someone's killing people and losing standing, that has nothing to do with their tag. I've been killed by groups of different tags before. Me and my friend play tagless because we havent cared to make a guild to have a tag. Having no tag doesnt really do much. Anyone can jump you at any point outside town, what 'tag' they have shouldn't change how you interact with them.
It's mostly about how you can reroll to reset your rep and change your name, then nobody knows anymore and there was never any downside. Not so much casually enjoying the game as an alt that isn't in a guild. More about how your rep is supposed to mean something in this game, and how it currently means nothing. Guild tag is the first thing that people check when they see each other in the wild... Peoples guild tags are a large part of what dictates how two groups interact, so I'm a bit confused about the last part.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
It's wack, hearhear.

We gotta endure this wack reputation tax and stuff meant to prevent this while people just troll it out. Plus decs... I wanna be able to know who gets the dec lol
I think 1st the sub will cut a lot of this alts acounts and then the Diva sistem if it comes, and will belive it when i see it.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
It's mostly about how you can reroll to reset your rep and change your name, then nobody knows anymore and there was never any downside. Not so much casually enjoying the game as an alt that isn't in a guild. More about how your rep is supposed to mean something in this game, and how it currently means nothing. Guild tag is the first thing that people check when they see each other in the wild... Peoples guild tags are a large part of what dictates how two groups interact, so I'm a bit confused about the last part.
Ah I get the rerolling and stuff issues. I was just focusing on tags because thats what the thread title is on.

I feel like rerolling is a giant waste of time tho so to me its not really that bad. Clade gifts really nerfed reroll spam. Ya they still can get a new identity but the second they join a guild or something people will know who it is if they have been around. Then having to re get clades is aweful and not worth the reroll to me. Unless they just want to be a suboptimal junk chracter. But thats not worth the whole 5 rep they get to have fun with before going red again.

My logic is people shouldnt be punished for rerolling, havign alts, etc. The game just needs to be designed to promote playing as intended. And I think with rerolling the game already does a good job at that. I rerolled constantly in MO1 to make new builds, etc. MO2 it takes too long to reroll so I try not to.

On my part about tag not changing my interaction. I kinda assume anyone can jump me, and anyone can call a zerg. So I treat tagless the same as I treat an RPK guild tag. Until I know they are obviously not hostile I assume they probobly are.

Reactions: Elijah

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Whats this deva system people talk about(I dont watch streams)? Will alt accounts be linked or will we get more characters per account? I'd love both.

Reactions: Jybwee

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Re-roll timer after criminal action and sub payments could help to limit blue trolling.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Whats this deva system people talk about(I dont watch streams)? Will alt accounts be linked or will we get more characters per account? I'd love both.
1 thing I saw is they are expanding the rep system to give more benefits to high rep, maybe more cons to low rep. But I believe it stays that over 0 rep can go into towns and be safe. This may be the 'diva' system.

Reactions: grendel

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This thread is funny. Nobody should be banned because SV can't come up with a better flagging system. They used the primitive Red/Grey/Blue in MO1 for a decade, and we pretty much have the same with MO2 if you just add in some lame rep system that is increased by running from Point A to Point B. They had over 10 years to come up with a good system.

People are using other accounts to get past a bad game design. And SV profits from it. No shot Henrik really thought the "one account per person" thing would be real and fulfill his fantasy of everyone being tied to one character. If he did...then we have bigger problems.

Its silly to make it out as the players are in the wrong here.

Reactions: Gnidex and Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This thread is funny. Nobody should be banned because SV can't come up with a better flagging system.

They are. Doesn't mean people will not be able to evade, but the majority will not. It would be diff if it was MO1 with the prim flag system that let you BIZ PEOPLE OUT haha. Now the way you do that is you blow up their horses, o engaging.

It is absolutely player's fault, and it's such an egregious hole and fail that it's game breaking. Given that there is a whole system designed to align with it, at least (the reg rep,) it's just dumb. Even if you tag your alts in like 5 guilds, it's still the same. I'm talking about like if you are a guild leader and have an untagged alt or something. THAT WOULD BE CRAZY. I HOPE U DON'T.

If you don't realize why that is game breaking and wack, and also soft BTW... I dunno. For real tho bruh.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Top a da morn bump.

The reason is that they can't stop people from exploiting other things, so they ban them. It's not really about blaming anyone. It's design fault, but they have to close the hole somehow. If dudes are profiting from untag blu alts, then they are exploiting game mechanics. BET. It's totally your choice to live out your dream, but the fact that you could be possibly some serious player just doing bit work on an untag alt because it's easiest. That's breaking da gam tbh. It's evading the whole system that has RUINED OUR LIVES. I mean, do you, but I actually want the game to get better.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Its just a weird take imo

I feel you, kind of, but there is some 'logical troll,' that is following a thought to its logical conclusion in "SV think." But, it's sound. Let me say it again:

It's not some genius work around. The whole game was built on a premise that it circumvents. It was like when people would glitch their pets thru walls when robbing a keep or w/e, or like have boulders in the freakin keep lol. Dudes would ban them. Why? Circumventing game mechanics. This is, however, so open ended. If you have a blue alt TAG IT IN A GUILD. That's all I'm saying just untags who are way harder to get at than tags. No one is taking responsibility for it. IMO it's broken. Well we agree there. It's just... It's more serious than you think imo. But I don't mean PUNISH PPL HARD. Give people a chance to rectify, but don't let it keep happening.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Yeah, here's the thing. StarVault is a business. They WANT you to have blue alts. They want you to have multiple characters, to buy 10 accounts if need be. The game's design is made in such a way that you need more than 1 account to fully experience all it has to offer. So... SV wont give a damn about your little immersion breakage

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, here's the thing. StarVault is a business. They WANT you to have blue alts. They want you to have multiple characters, to buy 10 accounts if need be. The game's design is made in such a way that you need more than 1 account to fully experience all it has to offer. So... SV wont give a damn about your little immersion breakage

yea man, I was thinking about the whole p2w aspect, and that was the first thing that came up. lol @ immersion. I'm talking about balancing game systems. Might as well throw out the trash rep system if they are gonna allow that.

Edit: but the multi acct thing vs untag alts are arguably NOT THE SAME THING. Tag your alt where-ever. It's cool that, as I said, people think they have broken the system by making a 'blue alt,' but that's overall fail game design. Even if SV makes more money to start, they won't in the end because people will all quit.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Also in my defence of alts. Having 2 alts isnt that much different than having 2 different players. People in a guild will be red and give loot to blue guild mates to sell. No less an abuse of game mechanics than 1 person with alts. 2 People can also be friends even if they arent in the same guild, which is no different than alts having different tags. Except the two people can still be on at the same time and can zerg someone, when the person with alts likely cant.

Reactions: grendel