WTF Did You Do to Dedicated Archer and MA Builds?

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Honestly, what the actual F**k were you thinking SV? I have always played an archer/MA and have seriously thought there was a need for a penalization for those not putting all there available points into the skill. But now those of us who want that as our primary form of combat can't even PVE effectively! Why are those with full skill not allowed to enjoy the fruit of that investment?

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Honestly, what the actual F**k were you thinking SV? I have always played an archer/MA and have seriously thought there was a need for a penalization for those not putting all there available points into the skill. But now those of us who want that as our primary form of combat can't even PVE effectively! Why are those with full skill not allowed to enjoy the fruit of that investment?

Every mage would agree with you about magic, but we’ve been told to suck it up since the early days of MO1.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
It's a little over tuned right now, seems to be a bit of a knee jerk implementation due to how people complained about MA and archery for a year. It reminds me of arma 3 head bob slider being put to 100% lol, Can get a little sickening after a while. It did need change, but now it just has made MM the king of mounted as it had no change with it either. If they're going to add head bob to MA, they need to do similar to MM.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Have to agree with you all. Completely unneeded change that only makes any non-wheelchair build nausea inducing. And for what? MAs were in a good spot pvp wise. They were good for hit and run against light troops or killing horses, but couldn't go toe to toe with heavily armoured long bowmen. They were strong in open ground but had counters.

Now MAs are forced to go wheelchair but gained no extra damage or better horses. A wheelchair MA without a tanky horse cant do much but shoot 2 arrows and run away. You just cant risk your horse dying. All they did is just remove 3 primaries from the build.

Its is very disheartening how the only way SV can balance gameplay is by adding frustrating gimping mechanics that nobody wants.

Reactions: Contorto and Rankor

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
Let's be honest, we had quite OP skills for PvP and PvM for only 200 points.
To be normal mage you need minimum 400 points (1 school, Vitalism, Mental Training, Mental Offence) +100 if you want to be MM.
To be normal archer you need minimum 300 now, +100 if you want to be MA. Sounds quite fair.
At the moment i am farming clades with archery by myself, and with new skills i loose much less stamina - that is quite useful.
In general, we'll have less number of players in MA style but the quality of other MA will be better, especially among Alvarins and Oghmirs with Asymmetrical bows.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Have to agree with you all. Completely unneeded change that only makes any non-wheelchair build nausea inducing. And for what? MAs were in a good spot pvp wise. They were good for hit and run against light troops or killing horses, but couldn't go toe to toe with heavily armoured long bowmen. They were strong in open ground but had counters.

Now MAs are forced to go wheelchair but gained no extra damage or better horses. A wheelchair MA without a tanky horse cant do much but shoot 2 arrows and run away. You just cant risk your horse dying. All they did is just remove 3 primaries from the build.

Its is very disheartening how the only way SV can balance gameplay is by adding frustrating gimping mechanics that nobody wants.

I am 95% sure it's gonna get reverted in some way. I wouldn't/don't(?) mind it... but it does stand out against all the other shit. My build is rolling Jeff Dumpster around in his grave, anyway, but yea I got the pts for it. It's possible, but I wear lite armor and such. It's def a niche (TRASH??) build. Still, shit really is nausea inducing. I liked the stuff they had in MO1 and I think, but am not sure, it's pretty close to what you get in 2nd. That wasn't too bad.

PS: those vids ARE INCOMING, BET. Lesse how bad it really is REAL WORLD EVIDENCE.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Its almost like it was in MO1 finally.

There is a reason why there werent that many MAs in MO1. And now we will have the same issue here. Unfortunately people have been spoiled for far to long with the gyrostabilized mounted archery system.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Its almost like it was in MO1 finally.

There is a reason why there werent that many MAs in MO1. And now we will have the same issue here. Unfortunately people have been spoiled for far to long with the gyrostabilized mounted archery system.
To be clear: I WANT there to be large wobble for those who have not sunk in any skill points. For those of whom are speciailizing in Archy/MA, that wobble should be almost non-existent. If needed, make players have to sink more points into the archery skills (or add skills) but SV should not make is so even the points spent are negligible for wobble reduction. My BIGGEST concern has been that anyone with high strength can wield a bow with near zero points spent and do more damage than a less strong, but dedicated archer. This does not help the overall issue with archery.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
To be clear: I WANT there to be large wobble for those who have not sunk in any skill points. For those of whom are speciailizing in Archy/MA, that wobble should be almost non-existent. If needed, make players have to sink more points into the archery skills (or add skills) but SV should not make is so even the points spent are negligible for wobble reduction. My BIGGEST concern has been that anyone with high strength can wield a bow with near zero points spent and do more damage than a less strong, but dedicated archer. This does not help the overall issue with archery.

Once you pick up Controlled Aiming that wobble pretty much goes away. But without it, it sucks, but you can adapt and work with it.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Let's be honest, we had quite OP skills for PvP and PvM for only 200 points.
To be normal mage you need minimum 400 points (1 school, Vitalism, Mental Training, Mental Offence) +100 if you want to be MM.
To be normal archer you need minimum 300 now, +100 if you want to be MA. Sounds quite fair.
At the moment i am farming clades with archery by myself, and with new skills i loose much less stamina - that is quite useful.
In general, we'll have less number of players in MA style but the quality of other MA will be better, especially among Alvarins and Oghmirs with Asymmetrical bows.

You don't really need 100 ecu rite? The MM thing was just introduced and remember it's 200 pts. They also got that buff to their casting, which, arguably, should have required ANOTHER PRIMARY.

MA would be: archery, control riding, ma, aiming tech, and control aim (I wouldn't full spec in at/ca, but that's meee)

At some point, SV will flesh out the mounts and you will need decent CC as well to be a mounted.

The one thing about MM is they can kill people on the ground and kill people in general a lot more easily than a MA. Also mage is a useful spec on the ground.

I dunno if you need 100 archery, but that's about it, to be an archer, still... if you are just boppin w bows standing still.

Been spamming threads w/ vids, but this vid is short and hilarious, to me. WOW.

but yea IMO it's ok... MO pop is v weird. Def have to put 100 more pts on your MA tho at least. Just wear mola, take off aggressive stance, w/e. I fully expect this change to be reverted in some way or another, which is kind of sad. Lucky for those of us who played MO1 ey.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
balancing something because it took too little primary points to be effective is fine.
But balancing it in a way that induces nausea is trully despicable. Further proves my point that StarVault tests NOTHING.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
balancing something because it took too little primary points to be effective is fine.
But balancing it in a way that induces nausea is trully despicable. Further proves my point that StarVault tests NOTHING.

it is, and that's why I would recommend people spec 50 at least. Lol it even affects riding with a bow out. It's like fuhh. I also, as said, don't necessarily agree that making people spec to perform similarly is a good look. I'd prefer that they made it raw harder to MA + require spec. But, again, then you gotta make MA more useful in real combat.

but yea that wobble at 0 CA, it's like NO in 3rd even tho you can prol still hit horses. My friend was like "I'm gonna try 70/70/70 on MA." It's like NOO DON'T DO IT haha. It's not really like motion sickness, but it does fuck with your brain. Wait til people start having seizures or some shit. U GETTIN SUED SV.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
Nobody used to complain about head bob inducing nausea until the past few years. In fact it used to be asked for because it causes other issues. Hilariously the people that say it causes nauseousness are usually the same people that just are mad they aren't 100% accurate anymore. People did similar on games like Valorant where a headshot moves your camera. People tried to get it removed by saying it causes motion sickness.. Just like now people try to say games that beep or flash red or anything when low on health cause stress problems.. People keep adding medical problems to gaming to try and force changes where they don't need to be changed.

If you seriously get nauseous from a little bit of sway you need to either adapt or not be an archer. I'd also seriously suggest getting yourself medically evaluated at that point and just avoid first person games if your body and brain are that weak.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'd also seriously suggest getting yourself medically evaluated at that point and just avoid first person games if your body and brain are that weak.

Pretty foul shit to say over a game buddd.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You don't really need 100 ecu rite? The MM thing was just introduced and remember it's 200 pts. They also got that buff to their casting, which, arguably, should have required ANOTHER PRIMARY.

MA would be: archery, control riding, ma, aiming tech, and control aim (I wouldn't full spec in at/ca, but that's meee)

At some point, SV will flesh out the mounts and you will need decent CC as well to be a mounted.

The one thing about MM is they can kill people on the ground and kill people in general a lot more easily than a MA. Also mage is a useful spec on the ground.

I dunno if you need 100 archery, but that's about it, to be an archer, still... if you are just boppin w bows standing still.

Been spamming threads w/ vids, but this vid is short and hilarious, to me. WOW.

but yea IMO it's ok... MO pop is v weird. Def have to put 100 more pts on your MA tho at least. Just wear mola, take off aggressive stance, w/e. I fully expect this change to be reverted in some way or another, which is kind of sad. Lucky for those of us who played MO1 ey.

To be quite fair you can drop Controlled Riding from that list. ALL mounted characters need it, doesnt matter if youre a MC, MA, or MM. So it negates itself, its assumed you will have it.

So for a MA here is the skill list.
Archery, Aiming Technique, Controlled Aiming, Mounted Archery.

For a MC.
Axe/Clubs/Swords/Lances/Spears, Mounted Combat, Mounted Charge.

MM.
Ecu/Spiritism/Necro (may as well take it to 100 as you will need it for Spiritism or Necro), Vitalism, Mental Training, Mental Offense, Mounted Magery.

Skills required for ALL mounted characters.
Controlled Riding, Balance, and Armor Training of some level.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I wouldnt go that far. But it is pretty tactless.

And
falcon-out.gif

Reactions: Raknor

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
That's not over a game. That's over the person playing the game. If you're seriously that weak in body and mind that a slight sway to your camera is causing you to actually get nauseous then gaming in general is just not for you and you should be medically evaluated. There is likely something extremely wrong with you if that's true. The game itself is fine. You're all just trying to add medical issues to things to force changes to happen that don't need to happen.

I wouldnt go that far. But it is pretty tactless.

And
falcon-out.gif
It's not tactless, it's just direct because people can't understand subtlety anymore. If you don't tell them exactly how it is they just act like idiots and get around it. That's why the only thing Em could reply with is a very generic response and didn't deny it at all because she knows it's right but doesn't want to admit it.

Reactions: Elijah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
That's not over a game. That's over the person playing the game. If you're seriously that weak in body and mind that a slight sway to your camera is causing you to actually get nauseous then gaming in general is just not for you and you should be medically evaluated. There is likely something extremely wrong with you if that's true. The game itself is fine. You're all just trying to add medical issues to things to force changes to happen that don't need to happen.

It's not tactless, it's just direct because people can't understand subtlety anymore. If you don't tell them exactly how it is they just act like idiots and get around it. That's why the only thing Em could reply with is a very generic response and didn't deny it at all because she knows it's right but doesn't want to admit it.

You aren't wrong. If anything it seems to me that you're trying to help. Probably something seriously, medically, wrong going on if you've suddenly started getting nauseous because of camera sway in a video game. There are definitely a good portion of people that do get nauseous because of this, but they don't play games with sway at all because of it. Not something people magically develop when their playstyle is changed.