WTF Did You Do to Dedicated Archer and MA Builds?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It's not tactless, it's just direct because people can't understand subtlety anymore. If you don't tell them exactly how it is they just act like idiots and get around it. That's why the only thing Em could reply with is a very generic response and didn't deny it at all because she knows it's right but doesn't want to admit it.

When I say tactless it isnt a bad thing. You just dont filter your responses to people for their feelings. Tact is something I learned after the military. I found a lot of people dont react well when you tell them straight no filter, especially in todays world where everyones feelings matter.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
You aren't wrong. If anything it seems to me that you're trying to help. Probably something seriously, medically, wrong going on if you've suddenly started getting nauseous because of camera sway in a video game. There are definitely a good portion of people that do get nauseous because of this, but they don't play games with sway at all because of it. Not something people magically develop when their playstyle is changed.
Even then the small amount of people who do actually get nauseous learn ways to adapt because it's a form of motion sickness. They don't just look at everything like "HOW DARE YOU NOT ALLOW ME TO PLAY!" these are all people that don't actually get nauseous they just want the archery back to being severely overpowered. They keep denying it's overpowered yet literally everyone would use archery.. that means it's overpowered.

There's also tons of medications and techniques people can utilize to help reduce motion sickness and the nauseousness you feel if you really still want to do it. The more they adapt the better not just avoid it and complain about it. Literally any doctor would tell you that if you get motion sickness the best way to combat it is to actually push those limits and teach your mind that it doesn't have to feel that way.

Like you said, it's also not something you just magically develop because your camera slightly moved. If anything these people probably don't have a proper FoV and that's why they're getting nauseous instead. Since a lot of PvPers on these games like to max out the FoV because they think it lets them see more. FoV is an actual thing we know for sure causes motion sickness, headaches, ocular migraines, etc in an actual large amount of people.

Reactions: Elijah

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
When I say tactless it isnt a bad thing. You just dont filter your responses to people for their feelings. Tact is something I learned after the military. I found a lot of people dont react well when you tell them straight no filter, especially in todays world where everyones feelings matter.
Yeah I really could care less about people's "feelings".. people have too many feelings anymore. If you don't pad every single thing you say they act like you just stabbed them in the heart. Due to this I can't be bothered to filter my responses because regardless some weak person is going to come in like "YOU HURT ME!" If they grew up in a bubble of feelings and protection that's their problem, not mine. I got other things to do than try to beat around the bush with people just for them to be too stupid to understand what I'm saying (I know this from experience).

Reactions: Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That's not over a game. That's over the person playing the game. If you're seriously that weak in body and mind that a slight sway to your camera is causing you to actually get nauseous then gaming in general is just not for you and you should be medically evaluated. There is likely something extremely wrong with you

I'm doin' alright w/ the head bob re: the game, but your equation of 'something extremely wrong' with weakness is what offends me. It's p rare for me to say woah you crossed the line other than just 'calm down, boys.' So if a dude has a brain tumor, he's weak?

However,
Yeah I really could care less about people's "feelings"..

That's not something I would brag about. If you mean 'during competition,' that's a normal thing (to a point, most people still have a switch like... wow I just caught dood with an elbow and I think I KO'D him, damn.) And yeah, the personal nature of your game-forum post, even though it's unlikely that anyone actually has that problem, was very foul. To equate disability with weakness is foul.

If this is your new hard forum persona, you're off to a poor start IMO. But, as I always say, do U. It ain't gonna be me, unless you say some shit directly to me, but I do not foresee this ending well for you. Outsider PoV.

Have fun.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
I'm doin' alright w/ the head bob re: the game, but your equation of 'something extremely wrong' with weakness is what offends me. It's p rare for me to say woah you crossed the line other than just 'calm down, boys.' So if a dude has a brain tumor, he's weak?

However,

That's not something I would brag about. If you mean 'during competition,' that's a normal thing (to a point, most people still have a switch like... wow I just caught dood with an elbow and I think I KO'D him, damn.) And yeah, the personal nature of your game-forum post, even though it's unlikely that anyone actually has that problem, was very foul. To equate disability with weakness is foul.

If this is your new hard forum persona, you're off to a poor start IMO. But, as I always say, do U. It ain't gonna be me, unless you say some shit directly to me, but I do not foresee this ending well for you. Outsider PoV.

Have fun.
Congratulations, you took everything to an extreme to try and act like you're superior! I'm curious how you managed to get to brain tumor from what I said about the archery sway causing nauseousness being fake.

As for bragging, I never bragged. I simply said it how it is. I could care less what people think of me nor do I care about their feelings. You mean literally nothing to me whatsoever. You continue going on about "to equate disability with weakness is foul".. you getting nauseous from camera sway isn't a disability. You downplaying disabilities and making it seem like everything is one is 'foul'. The way you take things to an extreme to try an prove a point and act superior is 'foul'.

As was said I don't care about your feelings nor your opinions. If you think I'm off to a "poor start" that's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I don't care. Again you continue to act tough and say things like "I do not foresee this ending well for you." You literally ended your post with a threat to me because I said I don't care about people's feelings? Yet you're the one trying to say how horrible I am? You literally threatened me.. lol

This thread is hilarious because it's all a bunch of weak people acting like a slight sway is making them extremely sick and unable to play the game when we all know it's because the sway is causing you to have to actually learn to aim and causing you to miss some shots. You can stop acting superior. You can stop threatening people. Literally everyone with an "outsider PoV" sees what is going on.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Congratulations, you took everything to an extreme to try and act like you're superior! I'm curious how you managed to get to brain tumor from what I said about the archery sway causing nauseousness being fake.

As for bragging, I never bragged. I simply said it how it is. I could care less what people think of me nor do I care about their feelings. You mean literally nothing to me whatsoever. You continue going on about "to equate disability with weakness is foul".. you getting nauseous from camera sway isn't a disability. You downplaying disabilities and making it seem like everything is one is 'foul'. The way you take things to an extreme to try an prove a point and act superior is 'foul'.

As was said I don't care about your feelings nor your opinions. If you think I'm off to a "poor start" that's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I don't care. Again you continue to act tough and say things like "I do not foresee this ending well for you." You literally ended your post with a threat to me because I said I don't care about people's feelings? Yet you're the one trying to say how horrible I am? You literally threatened me.. lol

This thread is hilarious because it's all a bunch of weak people acting like a slight sway is making them extremely sick and unable to play the game when we all know it's because the sway is causing you to have to actually learn to aim and causing you to miss some shots. You can stop acting superior. You can stop threatening people. Literally everyone with an "outsider PoV" sees what is going on.

ehm.

I say the same thing when people say 'kys,' dudes who never had to deal w/ those kinda situations have no idea. I have; I'm good (haha well sorta?) but yea I wanna keep such things off public forums in case someone stumbles upon them and it impacts them. I'm not into censoring people, but I do think those two things are important. I didn't take it there. What I'm doing is not some epic trick to defend removing MA wobble, get MO off your brain. I'm sorry you don't care about anything, really. I feel you might be a bit young.

Lemme tellya somethin' (Charles Barkley voice,) another thing I acquired/refined is the ability to see thru people's projection of themselves. You can believe me or not. And it doesn't take any clairvoyance to see thru yours.

You are wiling out and making an ass out of yourself, and over what? MA wobble lol. I'm saying watch how you put your words together. You might have meant if your body is so 'disabled,' but you said weak. You've said weak so many times that it's hard to see how you're not trying to call people weak. Call me weak; people call me stupid, too. Put it all on me, but yea... I do feel some desire to defend other people's 'feelings' about serious issues.

I know everyone sees it. I'm trying to save you some potential grief, cuh. I'm not threatening you, either. I'm sayin', do you. I said my piece. Part of it was def what I felt was a necessary correction, part of it was free advice.

You're right, in some ways, that it's not my place to come in and say, 'That's foul,' but I think people staying in their lane is long gone in this thread. If anything, you came in swinging and I put my arms around your waist from the back. If you wanna keep flailing at the air, go ahead.

Also gratz tho, you got a serious post out of me. I won't be responding anymore. If you really have something more to say, you can PM me, but I do not plan to engage you in FORUM COMBAT; I'd hopefully be able to reason w/ you when you aren't so worried about everyone watching.

Muah. (forum kisses)

PS: I'm not superior, but I do think I've got a bit more fleshed experience with some things.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
this entire forum post and all the comments is peak MO2 toxicity lol, lets be better people

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
yay. Bring some love in here.
Says the one being toxic and threatening people for being how they are then trying to play innocent. Talk about not having any tact. You're the one here making an ass out of yourself. You keep going off topic and staying off topic all because I actually have good points on why the swaying shouldn't be removed but you can't handle that so instead of discussing you keep attacking.

I'm different than you in that I don't care what people think nor do I care about their feelings. That doesn't mean I don't care about anything. If I cared about nothing I wouldn't be here. The issue is people like you always pop up talking about feelings and acting like everything needs a white knight and dedicate yourself to doing it when nobody else cares. You're defending things that don't need defended. You're offended because I called people weak as in weak-willed if they seriously get nauseous just from a slight sway in the camera. Which that is true and a proper usage of the word. If you seriously get motion sick from something so small to the point you're nauseous your mind is extremely weak and fragile. That doesn't mean SV should remove the sway though. The sway needs to be there and is realistic.

If you seriously get nauseous from the sway then archery just isn't for you. Or you should be getting yourself medically checked because something is wrong if you're getting motion sick that easily.

For a final analogy, you don't argue with everyone that cars shouldn't exist because you, and others, could get motion sick from them, do you? Very likely not. Instead you find a solution that works for you like medication, pressure point techniques, etc. But here you are demanding change for everyone because a very few select people may get nauseous. You're demanding changes not even based on your PoV either. You're here being a white knight for others. The even funnier part being how in another thread you actually agreed the sway is nice to have and isn't that big of a bother when you skill up. Yet here you are now.. You seem to change your opinion based on the masses.

In short, the sway is necessary to keep archery from being as overpowered as it was. Some people keep trying to use very specific scenarios where they shouldn't have been powerful in the first place to say it was "in a good place" but it really wasn't. Every single person could pick up archery and still could. It needs to be more skill intensive both from the player and skill point investment. If you don't like that, fine suggest other ways to balance it out.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I mean... medically they are weaker than a healthy person who does not have a brain tumor. So that argument lacks merit or logic.

To end the debate, the fact is you both are being pretty childish. You for jumping on the virtue signal bandwagon and Eventide for going the extreme opposite. So step down off the cross, because you aint Jesus, and Eventide stop with the angst you arent the next Trump.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
I mean... medically they are weaker than a healthy person who does not have a brain tumor. So that argument lacks merit or logic.

To end the debate, the fact is you both are being pretty childish. You for jumping on the virtue signal bandwagon and Eventide for going the extreme opposite. So step down off the cross, because you aint Jesus, and Eventide stop with the angst you arent the next Trump.
Don't say people are acting childish then you yourself try to act as a mediator by throwing insults.. lol. "Here let me come in and stop this fight by insulting both parties. That'll calm everything down." That in itself is the most childish thing here.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Don't say people are acting childish then you yourself try to act as a mediator by throwing insults.. lol. "Here let me come in and stop this fight by insulting both parties. That'll calm everything down." That in itself is the most childish thing here.
Difference is I am not claiming to be better.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

cmon Hodo... it felt, to me, that dude was not using weak as in "frail," but as in mentally weak, as in... like 'a pussy.' He added evidence for this by repeating weak multiple times, and each time it got closer to that meaning, overtly.

I didn't even go in deep on his posts, looking over them again, I feel like he thinks I'm a girl. Haha. Again, a misunderstanding. I will admit to misunderstanding his PoV if he is a non-native speaker, but his premise that people are making up medical conditions or whatever (dunno what goes on in other games?) caused him to say foul shit and double down on it. If he had said, "If that really is true, you need to be medically evaluated," you could say, mmm fair point. That's not what he said.

I don't need a semantic argument, but there are only a few things I'd say something on, and that's one. A disorder does not = weakness even if people in some games fake it to hope for an advantage. Maybe he was raging and got sloppy with his wording, but he said it again. Then, he said this:

"Even then the small amount of people who do actually get nauseous learn ways to adapt because it's a form of motion sickness."

You feeling me yet?

It's obvious the MA thing is on everyone's mind, but I'm not talking about that at all. I'm taking issue with one part, and it was probably hyperbole. All I said was it was foul and a game is not that serious. He followed with I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about the person playing it. It's like... exactly. Again, this is all muted MA rage coming out in real-world forms. I DO care about people's feelings, usually, even his. Notice I haven't busted his ass or anything lol.

I said it was foul, he came back over the top, doubled down, made it legit 100% obvious what he was trying to say. Based on, again, video game balance haha. I've said keep it on topic, etc, don't be personal, before, but this was a wild melt down. I told him to chill cuz tryin' to chew people's heads off is gonna end up getting him dunked (altho specified, I am not the one.)

We were talking normally, joking, etc, til dude came in on that shit. My only regret is revealing that I have life experience w/ dealing with situations like that (luckily most people in MO have memory problems, cuz I think I did this w/ some kys posts in the past.) I tend to avoid speaking about life, but, as I said, I'll come in the same way when people say things that sound too personal or just ignorant and offensive to people who actually have suffered from one of the MANY SERIOUS PROBLEMS one can have in life, or had to take care of them.

And some people on this game really are mentally weaker. Some people who quit, quit because they are mentally unable to handle the game. Not gonna lie. It happens. They don't want that in a game, cool.

But, he's losing sight of reality and wiling out over the belief that people are faking disabilities. They may be. BUT when you attach shit like weak, gaming isn't for you, that's foul. I could say that I misread and was triggered cuz life experience, but luckily, he continued to outline his stance was indeed what I thought it was. And all I said was basically "that was foul, you went too far." The rest was me trying to explain why and him trying to... I dunno, tbh, tell people what a savage he is.

O WELL. Keep misunderstanding me, doods.

Lastly, tho, it begs to be said... no... a brain tumor doesn't even make you 'medically weaker.' What does that even mean? haha. Unless you're talking about muscle atrophy, but we've taken about 3 or 4 steps from the original idea which is: if you're so 'weak' that this change affects you, you should probably not play. Again, again: dude said even people with that can adapt, so... I'm finding it hard to argue against my interpretation that he is calling people weak and inept. However, I said my piece, dude gets it.

Will excuse myself from the thread altogether now.

Reactions: Hodo

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Even then the small amount of people who do actually get nauseous learn ways to adapt because it's a form of motion sickness. They don't just look at everything like "HOW DARE YOU NOT ALLOW ME TO PLAY!" these are all people that don't actually get nauseous they just want the archery back to being severely overpowered. They keep denying it's overpowered yet literally everyone would use archery.. that means it's overpowered.

There's also tons of medications and techniques people can utilize to help reduce motion sickness and the nauseousness you feel if you really still want to do it. The more they adapt the better not just avoid it and complain about it. Literally any doctor would tell you that if you get motion sickness the best way to combat it is to actually push those limits and teach your mind that it doesn't have to feel that way.

Like you said, it's also not something you just magically develop because your camera slightly moved. If anything these people probably don't have a proper FoV and that's why they're getting nauseous instead. Since a lot of PvPers on these games like to max out the FoV because they think it lets them see more. FoV is an actual thing we know for sure causes motion sickness, headaches, ocular migraines, etc in an actual large amount of people.

Sounds like you know a whole lot more than me about the impact of different aspects of game viewing on people, but I've officially hopped on my alt account and checked out the sway. It's definitely a bit jarring, but after several hours of it I still haven't experienced any nausea. Something could be done, for sure, to reduce how jarring the sway is without making it too easy to use a bow again. Currently rerolling a bunch of skills since I no longer feel like I'm required to take archery to be an effective FF.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sounds like you know a whole lot more than me about the impact of different aspects of game viewing on people, but I've officially hopped on my alt account and checked out the sway. It's definitely a bit jarring, but after several hours of it I still haven't experienced any nausea. Something could be done, for sure, to reduce how jarring the sway is without making it too easy to use a bow again. Currently rerolling a bunch of skills since I no longer feel like I'm required to take archery to be an effective FF.

It's not even the aiming that I could see inducing nausea, it's riding a horse with a bow out. It's like riding over super rocky terrain. It's bothersome, but yea I'm not nauseous. Also I'd keep archery for FF? I dunno what else you could really take. I'm rolling one of my char pure FF and I don't know what sort of skills I should take. Without mounted stuff, there are A LOT of points. Swimming, Balance? Seems like archery 100 still wins out, at least for now. Unless you're tryin' to get pets and such or do magic.

Xyndius

Jan 27, 2022
I was hoping to read more about the dedicated archer build, but had to scroll through the whole second page 🙄

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I was hoping to read more about the dedicated archer build, but had to scroll through the whole second page
🙄

haha, yo but good bump, you helped me see some shit, like...

it's this guy! WEW. I forgot about that shit.

You aren't wrong. If anything it seems to me that you're trying to help. Probably something seriously, medically, wrong going on if you've suddenly started getting nauseous because of camera sway in a video game. There are definitely a good portion of people that do get nauseous because of this, but they don't play games with sway at all because of it. Not something people magically develop when their playstyle is changed.

Also, they did revert that dumb ass 'rocky road' wobble they gave you with your bow out. SO WE WUZ RIGHT. ANOTHER W FOR DA GOOD GUYS.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I was hoping to read more about the dedicated archer build, but had to scroll through the whole second page 🙄
You can't find many people playing dedicated archer builds because its really rough. when people get close you are kidna screwed. Most people are either foots fighters with bow skills, or human / alv MA's that can also heal their mount. But if you want to spec as hard into bows as possible, go blainn age 30, for max str and the best longbows on foot you can use. Or, go veela so you can run away better and just use shortbows.