Why we don´t need Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minyiky

Dec 10, 2020
As a new player to the game, is there a way to learn basics like crafting / gathering without being killed, I think that is the big question, I am a new player so whether I stick arround will likely be down to this, if there isn't a way to find the parts of the game to make it enjoyable why should i be misserable until I get lucky and happen to be able to do it without dying?

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
As a new player to the game, is there a way to learn basics like crafting / gathering without being killed, I think that is the big question, I am a new player so whether I stick arround will likely be down to this, if there isn't a way to find the parts of the game to make it enjoyable why should i be misserable until I get lucky and happen to be able to do it without dying?

No.

Anyone who is telling you otherwise is lying in an attempt to sway you to their narrative.

MO1, for me in the beginning, was nothing but consistent griefing, back stabbing, scamming, etc. I quite literally never felt like I was 'safe'.

But that's also the charm of MO1.

Difference is, people need a better environment to learn in MO1 - but it doesn't need to be permanent. Permanent safety is stupid.

Blood Thorn

Jan 1, 2021

Nobody knows what Haven will look like yet. In MO2 you can craft, and most folks won't mess with you while you are in town. There is also no real reason to harvest material at the moment because everything you need to craft can be found in barrels/vendors in the smithing area. For an idea on how to craft (as well as other guides), you can try http://www.playingmo.com/, an old, unsecured site for MO1. However, it can get you pointed into the right direction.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
In MO you're as safe as you would be in real life if you went to say Somalia, or went a week in the serengetti butt naked.

Also as some people will learn soon enough, be careful how you speak to people and which opinions you express. You're as safe as you would be asking the Saudi King if he wants a tarot reading.

Reactions: Bicorps

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020

If you guys are interested in comparing numbers.

Polls are amusing. I would predict that each main feature of Mortal Online could be taken line by line as a poll and wouldn't receive unanimous support.

Would love to see MO2 be a full-loot pvp sandbox game with all pvp and pve players in one game world and one persistent server.

Go back to basics. Purge infidels, make Mortal great again. I doubt they will get a third opportunity.

Chronicburn

Jan 9, 2021
No.

Anyone who is telling you otherwise is lying in an attempt to sway you to their narrative.

MO1, for me in the beginning, was nothing but consistent griefing, back stabbing, scamming, etc. I quite literally never felt like I was 'safe'.

But that's also the charm of MO1.

Difference is, people need a better environment to learn in MO1 - but it doesn't need to be permanent. Permanent safety is stupid.
I have to agree with this ... I didn’t get around to MO1 ... but I remember when I first played Darkfall ... when you go out and spend an hour and farm something valuable and it’s in your inventory... that feeling of being able to be killed and have it taken at any second ... it’s a rush you can only get in a full loot game

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Also as some people will learn soon enough, be careful how you speak to people and which opinions you express. You're as safe as you would be asking the Saudi King if he wants a tarot reading.

If you're referring to me, as I stated, I have thousands of hours into these kinds of games. You wouldn't be the first to try and silence me and you wouldn't be the last. But some in this topic have already proven their bark is much worse than their bite, and we thank them for their generous donation of cronite gear to AC. (In an even-numbered fight)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If you're referring to me, as I stated, I have thousands of hours into these kinds of games. You wouldn't be the first to try and silence me and you wouldn't be the last. But some in this topic have already proven their bark is much worse than their bite, and we thank them for their generous donation of cronite gear to AC. (In an even-numbered fight)
No I have other uses for you.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
Right, and apologies if I appear disrespectful, but.

The positions that you take, Foot should be weak, pets should be low twitch skill (they already are), TTK should be high, figure 8 whatever that is sucks, etc. Coupled with how frequently and fervently you share them seems suspicious.

Why?

Because these people hardly exist within the MO community. They can be named on basically one hand, Rhodri, Tengu, more if I start naming unnamed forum trolls, but thats it.

How is it that you can have a vision that aligns so perfectly with the MO troll community? Something doesn't add up.

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black? You accuse me of being a MO Troll when your entire forum persona is that of a MO troll. It's laughably hypocritical.

Here's the thing, getting a big head by scroaching around with Kranesh Kiddies doesn't make you some "Expert" or "Elite Player" with a more knowledgeable or valid opinion on the game or what design elements do and do not work.

The game could be the Footie 4 Lyfe kid's paradise and it would be as dead as MO. The name of the game in MO is DISPARITY. "perfect balance" is the unobtainium of this game. You'll never find it, you'll never even come close to it in a way that is satisfactory, let alone for a subset of the community that is so damned certain in their superiority complex that the idea of losing to a viable work around counter/build to their own MUST mean that it is broken and OP, therefore it must be NERFED NAOW! It's shameful, it really is.

It's the very thing I exhausted myself arguing against and to sully my name by accusing me of being a simple "troll" is uncalled for. You're not some elite player Teknique, I know because I trained you and remember your first days in this game.

Show some humility, LISTEN, and THINK with some rationality and a little open mindedness. Nobody wants to play Footies only, otherwise mounted players would not only NOT be popular, the mounts themselves would never have been considered so essential in the first place.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black? You accuse me of being a MO Troll when your entire forum persona is that of a MO troll. It's laughably hypocritical.

Here's the thing, getting a big head by scroaching around with Kranesh Kiddies doesn't make you some "Expert" or "Elite Player" with a more knowledgeable or valid opinion on the game or what design elements do and do not work.

The game could be the Footie 4 Lyfe kid's paradise and it would be as dead as MO. The name of the game in MO is DISPARITY. "perfect balance" is the unobtainium of this game. You'll never find it, you'll never even come close to it in a way that is satisfactory, let alone for a subset of the community that is so damned certain in their superiority complex that the idea of losing to a viable work around counter/build to their own MUST mean that it is broken and OP, therefore it must be NERFED NAOW! It's shameful, it really is.

It's the very thing I exhausted myself arguing against and to sully my name by accusing me of being a simple "troll" is uncalled for. You're not some elite player Teknique, I know because I trained you and remember your first days in this game.

Show some humility, LISTEN, and THINK with some rationality and a little open mindedness. Nobody wants to play Footies only, otherwise mounted players would not only NOT be popular, the mounts themselves would never have been considered so essential in the first place.
I apologize if you feel that was an unfair assessment, but when you make arguments for horses that move in an unrealistic manner ignoring inertia on terrain they could never scale up or down, while wielding giant heavy weapons, you need to accept that you will be perceived as a troll.

Whether i'm a troll or not i'm willing to debate, but one thing I don't do is advocate for builds solely based on whether I play them or not, as I tended to play mounted. My first character was a fat mage, then I made an MA, then an MC, and so on.

The above underlined statement proves you know absolutely nothing about me since i've never rolled with Kranesh kiddies.

You and I did play together to some extent, but you couldn't have trained me as I didn't even start playing a foot fighter until much later. I played a fat mage and then a foot mage, and was never trained by you. Furthermore saying you know something about me from my first days in the game isn't particularly logical.

I'm always willing to debate and give credit to other perspective, other builds, actually play those other builds, and advocate for a more rational game experience. Its your unwillingness to do these things that are the reason I said as much about you.

That said it isn't personal and wish you luck as a player and would gladly see you back in the game.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

Didn't you quit before the game is even out?

• Haha
Reactions: Rhodri_Taliesin

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
I apologize if you feel that was an unfair assessment, but when you make arguments for horses that move in an unrealistic manner ignoring inertia on terrain they could never scale up or down, while wielding giant heavy weapons, you need to accept that you will be perceived as a troll.

I don't need to accept a damn thing because that's never been the argument that I've made. Your assertion to the contrary is both dishonest, disingenuous, and in bad faith to discussion.

Whether i'm a troll or not i'm willing to debate
Because you are, you definitely are. There's nothing to debate, you just are.

But one thing I don't do is advocate for builds solely based on whether I play them or not, as I tended to play mounted. My first character was a fat mage, then I made an MA, then an MC, and so on.

You are implying that I do?

The above underlined statement proves you know absolutely nothing about me since i've never rolled with Kranesh kiddies.
Perhaps I misremembered, then it was RPK! you rolled with? That's not exactly a stellar record.

You and I did play together to some extent, but you couldn't have trained me as I didn't even start playing a foot fighter until much later. I played a fat mage and then a foot mage, and was never trained by you. Furthermore saying you know something about me from my first days in the game isn't particularly logical.

Irrelevant to the topic of discussion in either case. Even if it was I who brought it up.

I'm always willing to debate and give credit to other perspective, other builds, actually play those other builds, and advocate for a more rational game experience. Its your unwillingness to do these things that are the reason I said as much about you.
My willingness is irrelevant, I knew what playstyle I excelled in and stuck to it. Forcing myself into a position I'm not going to be useful in only serves to hurt the people I'm leading or fighting alongside.

That said it isn't personal and wish you luck as a player and would gladly see you back in the game.
Not gonna happen, community hasn't changed and is just as cancerous as ever. Besides that, real life is far more engaging and interesting to me.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't need to accept a damn thing because that's never been the argument that I've made. Your assertion to the contrary is both dishonest, disingenuous, and in bad faith to discussion.

Because you are, you definitely are. There's nothing to debate, you just are.

You are implying that I do?

Perhaps I misremembered, then it was RPK! you rolled with? That's not exactly a stellar record.

Irrelevant to the topic of discussion in either case. Even if it was I who brought it up.

My willingness is irrelevant, I knew what playstyle I excelled in and stuck to it. Forcing myself into a position I'm not going to be useful in only serves to hurt the people I'm leading or fighting alongside.

Not gonna happen, community hasn't changed and is just as cancerous as ever. Besides that, real life is far more engaging and interesting to me.
substanceless post. Keep shilling for builds you're still awful at.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
On the contrary, I found his posts extremely enlightening.

I don't claim MO1 vet status, but I did briefly know Rhodri, and he never came across as a troll to me. I'm starting to feel like the difference between me and some of the people claiming MO1 vet status is less a difference in experience, and more a difference in honesty. I do really wonder at this point how much game knowledge and how many hours of experience really separates me from everyone clinging to the MO1 vet title.

One thing I'll say. I do remember a time in MO1 before fat mages existed. So it appears my on-and-off participation in MO1 gives me a more zoomed out experience of MO1's development than you have Teknique.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
On the contrary, I found his posts extremely enlightening.

I don't claim MO1 vet status, but I did briefly know Rhodri, and he never came across as a troll to me. I'm starting to feel like the difference between me and some of the people claiming MO1 vet status is less a difference in experience, and more a difference in honesty. I do really wonder at this point how much game knowledge and how many hours of experience really separates me from everyone clinging to the MO1 vet title.

One thing I'll say. I do remember a time in MO1 before fat mages existed. So it appears my on-and-off participation in MO1 gives me a more zoomed out experience of MO1's development than you have Teknique.
Rhodri enlightening? I know you like damaging your own credibility but please have some mercy on it.

This is a man who says a class with the most speed. most damage, most carry weight, can kill the most complex monsters (ratzar queens, kimuru's, thorax, kurnas), most hp, most stamina(2 separate stam bars for attacking and moveing), and cheapest regears is an issue of people not deploying proper counters.

news flash, I can play the counters just fine. I've no need to be afraid mounted or otherwise.

If my honesty is in question, refute my claim about the above advantages of mounted if you are truthful, and we shall see who has a protecting friend and a guidance.

as for when you started playing MO is of no relevance to me. Players like BBIHAH have clearly played before me, yet i've still excommunicated them from the MO community and they are not vets.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
My credibility with you is of no concern to me. You are not the arbiter of who is and isn't a vet, and who is and isn't a troll. When I feel I am experienced enough in MO2 to claim vet status I will, and you're free to disagree, and I'm free to give no shits.

I'm not going to argue which MO1 classes were or weren't balanced in that game as it isn't super relevant to MO2. I do know your argument is presented disingenuously. When you say "Most damage" you mean biggest hits not highest DPS, mounted builds in MO1 were charge based so each of their huge attacks took awhile to set up.

Mounted builds should be the fastest, highest HP, most stam, highest single hit, highest carry weight builds. Cheapest regear I can agree is unbalanced. What infantry should have over them is cheaper minimum viable gearkit, more maneuverability, and the existence of counters that simply don't exist for infantry. Charge builds should also have lower DPS though I would like to see non-charge builds like mounted sword and board that have higher DPS as long as there are some solid anti-mount weapons that have significant bonuses against mounted opponents.

And I know MO1 had a counter for cav that didn't exist for infantry in the form of spear stance. How effective it was, isn't really my concern. All I can say is if the MO2 counters are properly balanced then cav will be properly balanced. I think we can all agree if any polearm has a spearstance that 1 shots every mount with it's rider and is super easy to land that mounts wouldn't be overpowered, but rather underpowered. Therefore any reasonable person should be able to agree the factors you listed don't make mounted builds OP if the proper counters exist.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm not going to argue which MO1 classes were or weren't balanced in that game as it isn't super relevant to MO2. I do know your argument is presented disingenuously. When you say "Most damage" you mean biggest hits not highest DPS, mounted builds in MO1 were charge based so each of their huge attacks took awhile to set up.
I'm not gonna talk about mo 1 builds, but I am going to take sides in an argument that I have no clue about and interject my opinion as per the norm.

I wish you well Kaemik, lets end this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.