Why we are Anti-Wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
So I’m reading a lot of comments in Discord and mainly it is about SV doing a wipe so that everyone can be on an even playing field. Truth of the matter is, everyone is experiencing the same queue issue. So no one really has a true advantage. Some were smart and made impossible moves the first two days. But this does not change the fact that everyone is suffering from the games poor launch. Indeed it’s a tough beginning; a drastic period of Mortal history that we must overcome. Perhaps many are ignorant of just how deep this game is. My hope is that after reading this you can be educated.

Thus to understand why we as a community, who have been playing this game and sharing this world for over a decade, don’t support a wipe. You must first understand the rich history and lore that comes with a world like Nave. One of the core features of Mortal Online 2 is its persistent world and history. This is canon. There will never be a wipe again no many how many bugs, exploits, security breaches or problems we face! Persistence means what happens in this game going forward will be a part of MO2 History and it will never be erased until the game is erased.

So please take a breather, and try to understand that what is happening is much bigger than our emotions. SV has a reputation to uphold and when they agreed to make persistence launch on Jan 25th they did this with confidence, knowing the consequences that they might face; yet no matter the outcome they would not allow it to change their beliefs on creating a persistent world for us to enjoy. Persistence is here! From this moment forward everything in game lore wise will be determined by the players not the developers. They only create the world for us to play in. But they won’t erase our world.

Something to consider.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So I’m reading a lot of comments in Discord and mainly it is about SV doing a wipe so that everyone can be on an even playing field. Truth of the matter is, everyone is experiencing the same queue issue. So no one really has a true advantage. Some were smart and made impossible moves the first two days. But this does not change the fact that everyone is suffering from the games poor launch. Indeed it’s a tough beginning; a drastic period of Mortal history that we must overcome. Perhaps many are ignorant of just how deep this game is. My hope is that after reading this you can be educated.

Thus to understand why we as a community, who have been playing this game and sharing this world for over a decade, don’t support a wipe. You must first understand the rich history and lore that comes with a world like Nave. One of the core features of Mortal Online 2 is its persistent world and history. This is canon. There will never be a wipe again no many how many bugs, exploits, security breaches or problems we face! Persistence means what happens in this game going forward will be a part of MO2 History and it will never be erased until the game is erased.

So please take a breather, and try to understand that what is happening is much bigger than our emotions. SV has a reputation to uphold and when they agreed to make persistence launch on Jan 25th they did this with confidence, knowing the consequences that they might face; yet no matter the outcome they would not allow it to change their beliefs on creating a persistent world for us to enjoy. Persistence is here! From this moment forward everything in game lore wise will be determined by the players not the developers. They only create the world for us to play in. But they won’t erase our world.

Something to consider.
Quite possibly the most untrue thing that could have been said. The vast majority of the player base is stuck in queue while other players get lucky and are allowed to get ahead to obtain queue gotten assets.

MO2 will persistently be remember as a tainted and corrupted world with ill gotten assets which will turn away many players who seek a fair and just game to play.

The core of the matter to keep the superficial reason for not wiping is a few lazy people dont want to do some work again in a game that is full loot and you lose progress all the time. Its mind boggling how selfish and lazy you can be.

You RPers ignored all of beta happening you can ignore a perfectly justifiable wipe. If you were not selfish and actually cared about the game and its future success then you would. Players will look up this game and see how SV destroyed its integrity.

Most players are stuck in queue so they would not mind a wipe, you are talking nonsense to claim that most players or even half would be upset over a wipe. Those who are upset over a wipe will continue to play anyways or they would never have survived the game anyway.

SV is no standard at all for integrity will all the past mistakes and corruption associated with MO1 keeping players away, they finally had their chance for a fresh start and the ruined it. The consequences for no wipe is simple and the consequences for wipe is nonexistant. SV is just proving to the larger gaming consumer base that they dont care and MO2 will be just a crooked as MO1 was.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Consequences for wipe is people trying to log in AT ONCE for a fresh start again and piling up in cities and neighbours instead of spreading out more.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Quite possibly the most untrue thing that could have been said. The vast majority of the player base is stuck in queue while other players get lucky and are allowed to get ahead to obtain queue gotten assets.

MO2 will persistently be remember as a tainted and corrupted world with ill gotten assets which will turn away many players who seek a fair and just game to play.

The core of the matter to keep the superficial reason for not wiping is a few lazy people dont want to do some work again in a game that is full loot and you lose progress all the time. Its mind boggling how selfish and lazy you can be.

You RPers ignored all of beta happening you can ignore a perfectly justifiable wipe. If you were not selfish and actually cared about the game and its future success then you would. Players will look up this game and see how SV destroyed its integrity.

Most players are stuck in queue so they would not mind a wipe, you are talking nonsense to claim that most players or even half would be upset over a wipe. Those who are upset over a wipe will continue to play anyways or they would never have survived the game anyway.

SV is no standard at all for integrity will all the past mistakes and corruption associated with MO1 keeping players away, they finally had their chance for a fresh start and the ruined it. The consequences for no wipe is simple and the consequences for wipe is nonexistant. SV is just proving to the larger gaming consumer base that they dont care and MO2 will be just a crooked as MO1 was.

I don't think guilds that have weathered all odds and with incredible willpower have overcome the barriers of a disastrous launch to reclaim their lands can be called lazy. In my opinion, such an act shows determination, courage and hard work. We all had the same problems in the release, nothing would change if there was a wipe, the same guilds would take their land. There is no reason to believe that nothing would change. Also starvautl will NEVER cancel the persistent, so there is nothing more to say. I think many guilds are furious that they failed to meet their goals and claim the lands they wanted and are now looking for a second chance. No matter how disastrous this release was, I don't think a wipe will change anything.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If a wipe can be justified a few days into persistence based on a subjective metric of acceptable loss of progress, then that goalpost can be easily moved further and further the next time an issue as big as launch day server queues crop up.

Also, as I pointed out in another recent post, it sets a bad precedent going forward. If persistence can still experience a wipe, then that definition has lost its meaning and is up for contest whenever someone feels like it.

Wickedj

Jan 31, 2022

I m sorry but STFU using the word Integrity you dont even use it properly and it is your FAVORITE BUZZWORD to use all over this forum

STOP SAYING INTEGRITY Until you understand how to use the word properly JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

And there will be NO WIPE nothing you say here no amount of bitching an moaning and crying a whining will change that it wont happen

GTFO

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
If a wipe can be justified a few days into persistence based on a subjective metric of acceptable loss of progress, then that goalpost can be easily moved further and further the next time an issue as big as launch day server queues crop up.

Also, as I pointed out in another recent post, it sets a bad precedent going forward. If persistence can still experience a wipe, then that definition has lost its meaning and is up for contest whenever someone feels like it.
EY man, finaly you in Game? You welcome in RBT Forever!

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Literally every MMORPG launch has this issue. Some people can play, others can't. The people who can't become sour as those who can make tons of progress while they are left out. They then dream up an idea, what if we just wiped again once the issues are resolved?

No, dude. That's what the beta was for. In every game. Forget MO2. Any game that had a signifcant population wanting to play has had these issues. Is this everyone's first MMO launch or what?

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
I was originally against a wipe. I’m now starting to lean towards them needing to wipe.

if it was a straight Q then ok I could live with it, but it’s not and we can test/prove that it’s not. Something is bugged that allows some not others to get in. Everyone I know on the mainland has been stuck in a Q since Thursday afternoon NA time.We simply can’t play and can’t go back to haven and can’t delete character. I have one guild member that we convinced to stay in haven. He’s maxed a few crafting skills and gotten almost ten Clade levels past those of us in Q. I don’t want to guess why as we don’t know so it’s just rumor mill, but some people are obviously able to get in and some are not

the land rush on the mainland is almost over too. Keeps are starting to get claimed and with current siege mechanics that means they own them forever (until a siege patch changes that). So we’ve completely missed the land rush phase of the game and all the dynamic content that comes with it. I recognize a game like this is pretty flat with progression so this won’t affect us in the long run, however, the demoralization and missed opportunities will sit in people’s heads for a long time after this. Again if it was a straight Q it would be ok, not great but OK. The real kick in the nads that is driving people away and tainting the game for a long time after this is the Q that ain’t a Q

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021

You are one of the biggest scum buckets in the game and whine about everything. Literally every post you make is crying about some feature to cover your own impotence. Get over it.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I was originally against a wipe. I’m now starting to lean towards them needing to wipe.

if it was a straight Q then ok I could live with it, but it’s not and we can test/prove that it’s not. Something is bugged that allows some not others to get in. Everyone I know on the mainland has been stuck in a Q since Thursday afternoon NA time.We simply can’t play and can’t go back to haven and can’t delete character. I have one guild member that we convinced to stay in haven. He’s maxed a few crafting skills and gotten almost ten Clade levels past those of us in Q. I don’t want to guess why as we don’t know so it’s just rumor mill, but some people are obviously able to get in and some are not

the land rush on the mainland is almost over too. Keeps are starting to get claimed and with current siege mechanics that means they own them forever (until a siege patch changes that). So we’ve completely missed the land rush phase of the game and all the dynamic content that comes with it. I recognize a game like this is pretty flat with progression so this won’t affect us in the long run, however, the demoralization and missed opportunities will sit in people’s heads for a long time after this. Again if it was a straight Q it would be ok, not great but OK. The real kick in the nads that is driving people away and tainting the game for a long time after this is the Q that ain’t a Q

This is true. The people are going to be demoralized. That’s a fact. And only time will heal that. Sadly, a wipe won’t. A wipe will only create more set backs, misery and more uncertainties. We have to think about those who did put in game time. A wipe will kill their progression. What if you were on the other side actually getting in game? It’s not a democracy where everyone eats. You can’t say I’m not eating so I want this store closed down. Some people eat and some people starve. That’s life. The best thing we can do now is ride this out until the queue issue is resolved.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
? TC didn't exploit their keep. It just makes people feel better to say that they did I guess.

Koto just mad they didnt get the first keep on the server,

Nothing should be wiped. The problem wasnt even with the queues etc. It was releasing without sieging or even buffing hammers until sieging is properly implemented. Like bear/tc/wolfzeit/tr got wiped just after they played their keep but we couldnt do anything because hammers hit for 2dmg.

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
This is true. The people are going to be demoralized. That’s a fact. And only time will heal that. Sadly, a wipe won’t. A wipe will only create more set backs, misery and more uncertainties. We have to think about those who did put in game time. A wipe will kill their progression. What if you were on the other side actually getting in game? It’s not a democracy where everyone eats. You can’t say I’m not eaten so I want this store closed down. Some people eat and some people starve. That’s life. The best thing we can do now is ride this out until the queue issue is resolved.

fair enough, although if I was one of those to get ingame and they announced a wipe I honestly would be ok with it provided the fix was tested and working prior to wipe. To use the democracy arguement it depends on how many people got in versus didn’t then. I don’t know how many people were actually able to join the server and how many people were stuck in Q hell. I don’t think SV even have that number based on the Q being bugged. It’s within first week of release and it’s a pretty game breaking issue.
I’ll live with it if they don’t at this point but it’s going to leave a sour taste in a lot of peoples minds

Reactions: Serverus

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
[CTX] doesn't approve of a wipe.

I personally don't approve of a wipe.

It sucks they've gone this way to handle things (and I don't mean wiping, I mean implementing the capturing of keeps without sieging) but deleting them and dealing with those who used abusable methods to get their keeps would only make those players also turn on SV.

Status
Not open for further replies.