Where all the monsters at?

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Rode around visited ruins and traveled to another city. Only bandits, taur dogs and cougars. This game needs actual monsters in the wood, ghosts and demons at ruins.

Wtf is only monster I find walking dead. Boring.

Game is asthetically amazing! But what the hell are the designers doing all day long.

• Haha
Reactions: CherryKush

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
I found some tribe rats up at some ruins between Tindrem and Fab. That was kinda cool and different enough.

But yeah, I agree that more mob and monster variety would go a long way to make adventuring more interesting.

Add some goblins, skeletons, slimes, beetles, ghouls, etc. Nothing crazy, just pepper them throughout the lands.

Come on, just pepper them.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
I found some tribe rats up at some ruins between Tindrem and Fab. That was kinda cool and different enough.

But yeah, I agree that more mob and monster variety would go a long way to make adventuring more interesting.

Add some goblins, skeletons, slimes, beetles, ghouls, etc. Nothing crazy, just pepper them throughout the lands.

Come on, just pepper them.
Random rare harvestables would make exploration fun too if there was a chance they could pop anywhere. The static spawns they have now feel so cheap...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Rode around visited ruins and traveled to another city. Only bandits, taur dogs and cougars. This game needs actual monsters in the wood, ghosts and demons at ruins.

Game is asthetically amazing! But what the hell are the designers doing all day long.

They need to make the mobs over a larger area, I feel that around the horse spawns, too. Some spawns are tiny (like every belb is 3? lol) and some spawns are crazy stacks, so there is some level of adjustment, but the ideal would be that you wouldn't immediately 'trigger' the whole spawn in a lot of cases and might have to find some that are milling around. Some animals run up mountains or run away like Bokz and Urials (or bandits lawl) which spreads them out a little and gives you kind of an idea what it may be like to have a more dynamic 'roaming' resource.

Then they need to make certain carni mobs attack certain veggy mobs and GGGGG. World is alive!

And yea as an aside, I'm tired of all of these ruins or PoIs with like night snatchers or cougars. It's like ???

Edit: and yes Cherry! We want the pickable paintbrush to go out, and we wanna see the 1-2 off the ground pickables raised to about 5, min! DO I HEAR AMEN?! :D

oykd

Nov 26, 2020

in your guild

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
So basically, "why isn't there a dragon infront of the starter city gates".

How about travelling across the huge world and actually FINDING the monsters that obviously don't live next to the heavily civilised areas duh.

You have plenty of places with interesting creatures or monters, if you want to fight a real monster, I suggest to find the necromancy dungeon and explore it till the end, you'll love what you will find if it's a monster you're looking for.

Poruko

Dec 24, 2022
Yeap, right now the game map is huge but not much are there to support that, more npcs are needed.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

So what do you consider a tagmaton? a Risar? a Mountain Spider? a Minotaur?

We dont need ghosts, you have spirits in the ether you can deal with.

You have enough stuff in the "real" world to deal with and enough player monsters to go around.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
So what do you consider a tagmaton? a Risar? a Mountain Spider? a Minotaur?

We dont need ghosts, you have spirits in the ether you can deal with.

You have enough stuff in the "real" world to deal with and enough player monsters to go around.
You missed the point - all those monsters are something established players encounter.

New players get sick of killing thousands of walking dead and the occasional bandit/wolf.
Low level mob variety is needed for early game.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You missed the point - all those monsters are something established players encounter.

New players get sick of killing thousands of walking dead and the occasional bandit/wolf.
Low level mob variety is needed for early game.
As far as early game content. This is very true. But it is better than go here kill 100 rats, come back. Then a level later, go here kill 100 weasels. Then 100 spiderlings, then 100 chickens, then finally wolf pups.

The entry curve is pretty steep if you arent decent at twitched based combat. And yes they do need some more lower end mobs. But in all of MO history there was never really been just that.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
agree we need complete random monsters spawns, more players roaming looking for rare creatures to farm, nd not people camping the same leader over and over. some players never leave the same spot for weeks..

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Apart from the usual bandits of different types, we have tribe rats, razorbacks, cougars, taur dogs, (dire) wolves, mountain spiders, belbuses and brown bears.

That's just in the north-western side of the continent alone, and many of these can run you down if you're on foot. Though I think having more smaller creatures would be nice.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Apart from the usual bandits of different types, we have tribe rats, razorbacks, cougars, taur dogs, (dire) wolves, mountain spiders, belbuses and brown bears.

That's just in the north-western side of the continent alone, and many of these can run you down if you're on foot. Though I think having more smaller creatures would be nice.

I will say the addition of Lynxes and Night Snatchers is a good direction. They arent really that hard to kill but still something you need to watch out for when on foot.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
agree we need complete random monsters spawns, more players roaming looking for rare creatures to farm, nd not people camping the same leader over and over. some players never leave the same spot for weeks..
100%, random rare spawns be it monsters or harvestables is what keeps exploration exciting. When you know exactly where something will always be it really does cheapen the game play.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It's hightime SV brought in a true living, breathing world. Creatures move about and have goals that give them a reason for being where they are.

The traditional static spawning system found in every single mmo to date is unimaginatively boring and stale. SV needs to innovate in this area and show the industry that it can be done by a small indie team.

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
It's hightime SV brought in a true living, breathing world. Creatures move about and have goals that give them a reason for being where they are.

Yes, that would be fantastic. It would however also mean that MO provided something that no other MMO has ever done before so I don't think it is in the cards.

Wurm Online and Xsyon are the only MMOS I know that have randomly spawning and wandering mobs, but they don't really have goals in their pathfinding. Then there is Ryzom that has some kind of controlled migration of mobs. And that's it. These are all tiny tiny games, no major developer will want to touch living breathing worlds with a ten-foot pole after EQ Next folded.

Last edited: