When is SV going to fix forum sigs...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Something in the code of the website apparently. It's fully randomized at this point how many characters you sig can be. So some people can do a sig just fine, some people (like me) have a limit of 4 characters that INCLUDES the characters from a URL. So essentially we can't have one.

Given it's an issue with the code of the website, I think they've deemed it as a super low priority for now. I can agree with that. If it was a fast fix it should be done already but it doesn't sound like it is. Sounds like they will have to pour through code for hours to find that one unclosed tag or something.

Piet

May 28, 2020
You sure we aren't doing it differently? I am clicking the insert image button or ctrl P

Attachments

• 881348420_gman464-2.jpg
    881348420_gman464-2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If I click insert image button it counts the number of characters in the URL. There is no option to paste an image directly like in a forum post. If I click command+v (currently on a mac) it inserts the URL. Neither method works. I believe I've tried both methods from my Windows desktop as well. I'll give it a try next time I'm on just to be sure.

It's a known bug though that the character limit is different for every account. So likely you just have a much higher limit than me.

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
Shortly after persistence.

This!

inb4 Henrik rented low budget site hosting service with limited monthly bandwidth, so to avoid overload and site shutting down they just limited signs to 4 characters to avoid images load.
When MO2 will get to persistence (AKA when we will start to pay monthly subscription) they eventually remove this limit :).
Otherwise i have to think that in the full SV team there isn't anyone with 14yo googling skill level ...