What will we call the Age that was the Age of MO1?

Sarkhan

May 28, 2020
The Glittering Plain
So I bet the devs probably already have a name picked out, but what do you, the community, think we should call it?

Post-Conflux is pretty boring, so maybe 'The Age of Strife'? It doesn't have to follow the 'Age of', it could be anything. But one thing we can all agree is that the Age of MO1 was a chaotic time of despots, robber barons, kings, emperors, killers, and ZEALous fanatics. What do you guys think it should be named?

EDIT: Also my official suggestion for MO2 is The Fuckening: Part 2 Electric Boogaloo

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
For me it is clear.
The era of pain.
Or also the Chaos was.

Although to be honest ... I think the next stage of our history will be much more hard. jajaaaja

I agree that it was a time of barons, thieves, murderous kings and fanatics, although honestly the only emperor worthy of the name was Komodor, there was no other, although there were kings, in the north and in the south, in some times, although its power did not last long.

The title of emperor in Myrland is a heavy burden that few could bear with dignity. I never think there will ever be an emperor again. If there were such a thing as the return of the emperor, it would be a historic event, I honestly doubt that a character of such caliber would appear, who would unite all the tribes.
Will never happen.

I believe that the next stage of our history, which is about to begin, is going to be a time of a great deal of violence while the foundations of our civilization are being established.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
For me, as chaotic as the game was, the game was the only solid in my life. Life was hard as a teenager, as all teenagers feel I am sure to varying degrees. No matter what happened, though, I had MO to turn to.

I would tame. I would fight. I would gather. Sometimes I would simply afk and watch others be busy. But it was constant. It was the backbone for my growth, something I fell back on many times over and over again.

For me, I don't think chaos was the front of it. Amid the chaos was devotion and grounding for all who played.

For that I believe the age of mo1 deserves more than chaos as it's legacy. As messy and chaotic as it was, it was groundbreaking.

I do not have a name to garnish yet, but I know I do not agree with chaos.

I will post again when I come to a conclusion.

EDIT: As seen below, my personal vote is: The Iridescent Age.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Yeah we all had good and bad experiences about MO1.

Maybe we should just name it the "Mortal Online 1 Age" because everyone have thier own feelings about that.
what a true genius i am :cool:

Or maybe we should call it Unity and justice and freedom (and pain and suffering)

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
For me, as chaotic as the game was, the game was the only solid in my life. Life was hard as a teenager, as all teenagers feel I am sure to varying degrees. No matter what happened, though, I had MO to turn to.

I would tame. I would fight. I would gather. Sometimes I would simply afk and watch others be busy. But it was constant. It was the backbone for my growth, something I fell back on many times over and over again.

For me, I don't think chaos was the front of it. Amid the chaos was devotion and grounding for all who played.

For that I believe the age of mo1 deserves more than chaos as it's legacy. As messy and chaotic as it was, it was groundbreaking.

I do not have a name to garnish yet, but I know I do not agree with chaos.

I will post again when I come to a conclusion.
I believe I would like to call it The Iridescent Age, as iridescence refers to color that changes depending on the angle is viewed. Different for everyone, but constant, and meaningful based on personal preference.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I believe I would like to call it The Iridescent Age, as iridescence refers to color that changes depending on the angle is viewed. Different for everyone, but constant, and meaningful based on personal preference.
than we could name it ying and yang, it wouldn't make any difference.
We could also Honor SV more and name it.

Dedication era

Or Ichorcorp era, because nearly in every conflict involved. and the Puppeteers in the background.
Ibarruri the Whistleblower.:mad:

• Haha

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I'm liking Age of Hope and the Iridescent era so far, but I'm a bluebie so obviously I like the more uplifting titles.
Iridescent does not have to mean uplifting. It in itself is ambivalent - different depending on the view. Conflicting.

However, that leads me to another suggestion: Age of Ambivalence, or Ambivalent Era, as this would fairly accurately portray the constant conflict and differing opinions of those who played.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
So I bet the devs probably already have a name picked out, but what do you, the community, think we should call it?

Post-Conflux is pretty boring, so maybe 'The Age of Strife'? It doesn't have to follow the 'Age of', it could be anything. But one thing we can all agree is that the Age of MO1 was a chaotic time of despots, robber barons, kings, emperors, killers, and ZEALous fanatics. What do you guys think it should be named?

EDIT: Also my official suggestion for MO2 is The Fuckening: Part 2 Electric Boogaloo
MO1: Ultima Online A New Hope
MO2: Return of The Vision

• Wow
Reactions: Ibarruri and Neftan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Lets make it work for our aims and keep the devs on track and never forget.

MO: The Great Letdown.