What other alternatives to MO2 do we have?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
some are fun for awhile, but MO kept you coming back to see what was happening. lol Like at one point I cared who had the keeps. That's the sign of a functioning sandbox. I don't think I've ever played a game like that where you absolutely had to know info like that to get by. Again: MO, the only game I ever subbed to. Eat shit buds. IT CAN BE FIXED.
I actually now think it can only be made, but never fixed. Once made they cant touch it nomore or else they ruin it.

So SV can make a good game but they always ruin it within a short amount of time.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Rep was DUMB. One of the most anti sandbox features a game could have is a REP system. lol there isn't even a map. RIPPP. I mean flag is pretty bad, but it is what it is. They should have worked on that in the beginning.

Then I just don't understand how they made the game but they can't get the 'sliders' right or whatever to make it play well. You know even tho people went nutso about the swing speed and got it changed, SV needs to start trying more things like that til the combat at least is good. Like I said, they could this by simply adding more chip dmg to parry haha. It would make the game nuts for a patch cycle, but so did the swing speed.

No matter what it seems like if two people are there swinging and hitting each other, it might look like bs, but there is a lot that goes into that. It can be as nuanced as parry play except the differences you'll see is in swing dmgs, clean hits, double hits (off the dodge.) I dunno, like I said it was wonky but it was something about MO. That was Mortal combat, to me. I wanna play that again but with better tech. BASICALLY.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
You shitters can play the best pvp mmo ever created, Asheron's Call.
The emulator has about the same player count as MO2 lol

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's really right here.

A Sandbox should be like a garden. You have some rules, but your sandbox has to go thru some stuff before it GROWS into the game you want it to be. You can't hard rule it to be the game you want it to be from the start.

STOP LISTENING TO STEAM REVIEWS lol. Go to other games and read their steam reviews at least before you get too riled up.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Only one other game comes to mind - Darkfall.
Unfortunately its almost dead. Nobody plays it atm but Darkfall RoA has new version in beta and going for restart

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Only one other game comes to mind - Darkfall.
Unfortunately its almost dead. Nobody plays it atm but Darkfall RoA has new version in beta and going for restart

I don't see how people drew the connection between the two games, tbh, ever, even back in mo1 "I'm quitting to play df days."

stuardben1

Jan 3, 2023
Sadly MO2 is all we're getting for a while. Most PvP games either failed on a release or are stuck in development hell. Crowfall failed, New World went carebear, Camelot Unchained in dev hell, etc. Might be some smaller indie ones but nothing major coming up. As for existing alternatives, idk I guess Albion Online is alright, nothing else I can think of and I follow gaming news and pvp mmos closely to stylish Tyler the creator of accessories.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Sadly MO2 is all were getting for a while. Most PvP games either failed on release or are stuck on development hell. Crowfall failed, New World went carebear, Camelot Unchained in dev hell, etc. Might be some smaller indie ones but nothing major coming up. As for existing alternatives, idk I guess Albion Online is alright, nothing else I can think of and I follow gaming news and pvp mmos closely to tyler the creator accessories

If you're after PvP but not a skill based combat system EVE is still going very strong. But yeah I think a lot of the people here are both here because they enjoy hardcore PvP and because they also want a game with combat a bit more action packed than turning modules on and off while zoomed out so far that everyone is just symbols on the screen.

For a long time it was looking like they would integrate FPS combat into EVE, which would have been great as Dust 514 was the best FPS I have ever played, but they eventually canned that due to a lot of bumbled decisions like making it a PS3 exclusive right before the PS4 came out.

tokodoki

Aug 8, 2023
There are exciting titles on the horizon that might pique your interest. Keep an eye out for games like "New World" by Amazon Game Studios, which features a sandbox world with player-driven conflict. "Ashes of Creation" is another one to watch, promising dynamic open world PvP with an action-oriented combat system. It's awesome that you're seeking alternatives that align better with your preferences. Feel free to continue the discussion here, and hopefully, you'll find the perfect MMO for your gaming style!

jesusmorris12

Dec 12, 2023
las vegas
Hello friends from the world of Mortal Online 2!

I recently managed to discover a fascinating place in the game where there is an opportunity to try your luck and, of course, get incredible rewards for it Blazzio ! This place is said to be full of exciting opportunities and unexpected surprises.

Last edited: