What other alternatives to MO2 do we have?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im really not trying to ruffle feathers here but I just want to know what other on the horizon MMOs could come out that have open world PvP. Desperately need alternatives. As long as its not tab target.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Sadly MO2 is all were getting for a while. Most PvP games either failed on release or are stuck on development hell. Crowfall failed, New World went carebear, Camelot Unchained in dev hell, etc. Might be some smaller indie ones but nothing major coming up. As for existing alternatives, idk I guess Albion Online is alright, nothing else I can think of and I follow gaming news and pvp mmos closely

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Im really not trying to ruffle feathers here but I just want to know what other on the horizon MMOs could come out that have open world PvP. Desperately need alternatives. As long as its not tab target.

just stick it out for awhile longer. Give it 1 month.

Reactions: Callenmore

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
MUDs are the closest to the 'feel' of Mortal 2, however most MUDs are not graphical and are completely text-based. If you have a good WPM on the keyboard and a sharp imagination, they might be what you're looking for.

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
Got a is alternative called fractured coming out on the 6th for a beta.

Reminds me of Albion somewhat. I really dig the isometric crow's eye perspective, but I hope you can turn the camera otherwise it'll make it so that group fights are just like Albion where you want to attack from the south since because of the perspective it will give you more vision than if you were attacking from the north.

Which I guess is fine in terms of tactical positioning before a battle, but it doesn't really feel great in practice.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
just stick it out for awhile longer. Give it 1 month.

k

Got a is alternative called fractured coming out on the 6th for a beta.

it's somethin'. I can't imagine playing a game that isn't riddled w/ lag and bugs. Dood mentioned it to me so I was like lemme know, I'll give it a shot. Seems cheap. I don't think it's an alternative to MO THO. haha. Or what MO should be. It might be something better than MO is now, however, and likely is, even as beta.

Vip subs are always suspect, but yea I'm likely gonna try it unless dood says it's trash.

I dislike albion tho; Frac reminds me more of diablo/PoE.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
There are many alt for MO2. I will advice games I played that similar on MO2:
Life is Feudal, Conan Exiles, Atlas, Rust, Scum, Reign of Kings. And March 2 was release of Myth of Empires in which I will start play next week.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki

Ashes of Creation if it ever gets out of alpha. Last Oasis is another option. But I heard they were doing some carebear changes so not sure anymore. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
There are No First Person view, full loot, seamless open world that I know.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There are many alt for MO2. I will advice games I played that similar on MO2:
Life is Feudal, Conan Exiles, Atlas, Rust, Scum, Reign of Kings. And March 2 was release of Myth of Empires in which I will start play next week.

AoC @Serverus did look interesting.

Re this post... nah, man. I can't speak on every game on that list, but I've actually looked into and tried some of them. I realize my hot takes PoV on MO balance are often shit upon because I want something different. I'm looking at things from different angles. Building shit, killing mobs, pvp... that's not all I want. It ADDS to the effect, but let me again talk about Sophistication cooking! Mo1 had secrets. Let's compare soph cooking to Necromancy. There were 'secrets' about resurrection recipes, too, so props to that, but they gated it behind quests and stuff. With cooking, I was basically a noob, I bought the cooking tools and I could grab mats, mess w/ them. It was like that w/ alchemy, too, in the beginning except for the core mats were harder to get (maybe cooking mats would be, too, if people knew.)

I'm down to put in effort. I don't dislike TC, but it almost always ends up being a shit show. I don't dislike quests or pve, either, but again when it becomes a gate it's no longer a sandbox, to me. Being able to not have to raw grind anything, simply use my 'skills'... lores, butchery, taming to obtain mats and then find a way to put those mats together and make something that people wanted, that's the kind of unique challenge I enjoy and was my most favorite part of MO. Any game whose crafting system is just gather this... or like even worse in MO1 where they made wep dura the only change past 70, + made almost all hilts the same weight. You had to be a MO1 kid to really understand the depth of the crafting. Sure, there was a lot of TRASH you could make, people with maces on lance handles, lol, etc... but there was always the chance that you could find something new and interesting, and like I said, there weren't all these books you had to get for either thousands of gold or farming world boss level mobs. It was just YOU and the mats that anyone could gather.

That's an integral part of 'sandbox,' too, being able to progress by putting in mental work. There is no crafting stuff like that in any of those games (afaik? LiF is like grab 2 twigs and a leaf and make a slingshot.) There are no 'professions' in the game that go beyond just gathering mats. It's basic.

The reason Ashes of Creation appeals to me is they said that mobs will be dynamic, might even like take over cities and stuff, dunno, that seems like that might be one of those 'sell a dream' games that never really works. Just like in Lif the idea of terraforming and using logs to do stuff is cool, but in the end you get people who just come in and massively deforest your shit haha.

First, I want a world. My world is different from other people's world, even in a game, but we inhabit the same space so there is overlap. Then I want the ability to focus on something and succeed by a means other than raw grind (even if it's efficient grind/grind systems.) Written recipes to shit, etc, all that ruins a game for me.

For all the 'lol MO u could make 200000 weps and only 4 were viable,' there were times when people came up with new metas that changed the game. Weak spot lances? lool. I dunno, man, there was just so much stuff to do in MO1. I didn't pvp much because I didn't have time to. haha. I was so immersed in everything else. I only started pvping when I was like welp I got mats and I'm pretty much ok with what I've done in these areas. In MO2, it's like yea I'll do what I can like grab some stuff to make food to throw on broker, buy mats off broker and put up some nub weps... so I never need to worry about money, but beyond that what else can I do other than just ride around and see if someone is aggressive. Farm clade levels? lol

As such, like I said, I'm gonna set Mo down for now. I hope my friends are still around and still down if the game ever gets decent, but yea... people don't realize how bad this game really is. Was just geeked off MO2!! All that shit they were gonna unlock on release. SECRET STUFF. Ohyeaaa... I wish people would clamor more for pvp changes. This highlights the pvp problems more than anything cuz that's mainly what you can do, but people aren't even doing that.

Reactions: Serverus

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
this aged well :ROFLMAO:

haha, nobody can say I'm not fair, tho.

It was a proper suggestion, and funny thing is the gm wasn't as trash a month from that post. It wasn't til they mashed everyone onto main cuz they couldn't police their alts that things started to go down fast + ass patches. STILL, like I said! Nobody can say I didn't give it a fair shot.

gfg sv.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
There are No First Person view, full loot, seamless open world that I know.
This.

I mean noone in this thread even came close to a alternative. Dont need to look further then no forced FPV in any of them and still listed as pretend alternatives....
Come on guys, get better results!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This.

I mean noone in this thread even came close to a alternative. Dont need to look further then no forced FPV in any of them and still listed as pretend alternatives....
Come on guys, get better results!

otoh dudes need to jump off this mindset. This ain't Mo1, trash but magical in its own way. It's just trash. lol. It's like MO1 now w/ 85% less content. If you can't find comp in another game or two games, you should join an MMA gym or something, I dunno what to say. I DUNNO. If you're not sitting on duped mats or holding keep and getting off on pwning people, there is 0 reason to stay in this game.

yea it's open world pvp, but open laggy world where everything is floating. You could dedicate your life to mastering this game and achieve high level play, but nobody would know or care. There would never be any real proof you were playing legit w/ legit mats, either. It's a closed space of dudes wishing it was still ten years ago. RIPPP. I wish it was 10 years ago, too!

There is zero reason to stay with this game because 'nothing is like it,' because it doesn't have the dynamic nature (tho there were arguably more bugs) of MO1. Maybe they can fix it, but they won't fix it until dude stop dick sucking the concept. Yea cool concept. MO1 didn't fail per se. Had a rich history, things happened. Mo2, nothing is happening. Game is worse. Prol 25% of pop in haven, too tryin to hit clade 20 lol. The whole concept of speccing in haven is super suspect, too, for the economy and the game.

It's not like totally 'shut it down' level yet, but it's at least at pull the rug out. At least it's at do everything you can to show your displeasure, and killing nubs just got dudes griefed harder. If they want MO to be a PvE game w/ world bosses and basic systems, let them have it.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
otoh dudes need to jump off this mindset. This ain't Mo1, trash but magical in its own way. It's just trash. lol. It's like MO1 now w/ 85% less content. If you can't find comp in another game or two games, you should join an MMA gym or something, I dunno what to say. I DUNNO. If you're not sitting on duped mats or holding keep and getting off on pwning people, there is 0 reason to stay in this game.

yea it's open world pvp, but open laggy world where everything is floating. You could dedicate your life to mastering this game and achieve high level play, but nobody would know or care. There would never be any real proof you were playing legit w/ legit mats, either. It's a closed space of dudes wishing it was still ten years ago. RIPPP. I wish it was 10 years ago, too!

There is zero reason to stay with this game because 'nothing is like it,' because it doesn't have the dynamic nature (tho there were arguably more bugs) of MO1. Maybe they can fix it, but they won't fix it until dude stop dick sucking the concept. Yea cool concept. MO1 didn't fail per se. Had a rich history, things happened. Mo2, nothing is happening. Game is worse. Prol 25% of pop in haven, too tryin to hit clade 20 lol. The whole concept of speccing in haven is super suspect, too, for the economy and the game.

It's not like totally 'shut it down' level yet, but it's at least at pull the rug out. At least it's at do everything you can to show your displeasure, and killing nubs just got dudes griefed harder. If they want MO to be a PvE game w/ world bosses and basic systems, let them have it.
Why do you live such a life of attention and validation ?

Listen man, noone is gonna care no matter anyone of us do. Be it in a tiny game or the current trendy shat game.
After a game like Mortal, there is no other game that really can feed the hunger for this type of experience, thats why we all keep coming back, hoping for more but getting the least sadly.

Had there been a better game like this, we would all be there instead of here.

Now back to topic.
No game listed here as MO alternatives are a game like MO.
A game like MO is a open world, full loot and PvP, first person medieval role playing mmo game with real time combat.

If any is missing its not a alternative.
Bannerlord is a closer fit then any game listed so far to give you an idea.