What if Myrland instances don't fix the que problem?

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
If only one instance is added, it almost certainly won’t. Even if two are added, it’s cutting it close at 2k cap and 6-10k people trying to play.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Then nothing changes. We still cant play. SV still has to fix it. Game will continue to get bad reviews. People will continue to leave the game.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If all else fails, there's still MO1.

But I don't think it will come to that. If 500+ Haven instances worked on Haven, 500+ Myrland instances should theoretically work the same way for the mainland.

Reactions: Xunila
They are adding at least 2, based on the wording. That's 6k in the Myrlands, plus another 1k in each Haven potentially. If the queues are more reasonable, people will be more prone to log out, or SV will feel better about kicking afks. Add in that some of those 10k potential players will be busy with Lost Ark for the next while, and I think 3 Myrlands should be an effective bandaid for now, assuming they work correctly.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
If you're going to add the copies they might as well just add like 5..at this point what difference does it make of there's 2 or 5

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you're going to add the copies they might as well just add like 5..at this point what difference does it make of there's 2 or 5

well some would argue that there is a big difference. The more instances there are the less competition for resources there is. Heck, if you can choose which instance you go into, you can just keep switching until you find an almost deserted one and you can be sure to have all the best farming spots to yourself and nobody to gank you and take your stuff. Just like in Haven.

I hope that they only generate one new server at a time. Fill it, and then move on to create one other one. If one server gets too low in population it gets ported into an a fuller one. Even then, the last one created will be the less populated and will be easier to farm in.

giving players the ability choose which instance they go into, and switch between them, will create instances overloaded with one alliance. Its really hard to balance.

Reactions: Alocrin

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
well some would argue that there is a big difference. The more instances there are the less competition for resources there is. Heck, if you can choose which instance you go into, you can just keep switching until you find an almost deserted one and you can be sure to have all the best farming spots to yourself and nobody to gank you and take your stuff. Just like in Haven.

I hope that they only generate one new server at a time. Fill it, and then move on to create one other one. If one server gets too low in population it gets ported into an a fuller one. Even then, the last one created will be the less populated and will be easier to farm in.

giving players the ability choose which instance they go into, and switch between them, will create instances overloaded with one alliance. Its really hard to balance.

We went two weeks with a small minority controlling all resources so I really don't give a shit if someone else gets a shot at them

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Then what?
Haven has no que what so ever and that's where the majority of population is "playing" right now. Enough Myrland instances will definitely resolve the que problem.

I think we need to be able to see the servers load before choosing one and to prevent resource exploiting I wouldnt mind a half hour timer on jumping to another server.

Jan 28, 2022
Main Myrland will still have a queue - I guarantee it. The shards don't allow building, so some people will choose to wait to get to the main one. Queues will be shorter, but how much shorter is what interests me.

If there's 2-3k players in Myrland
In Queue there's 2-4k players at all times atleast last week there was.
Rest are in Havens, and that's still probably thousands of players (Steamchart only shows Steam users, I understood this was sold in Epic too?)

So if we only get 1 Myrland shard, it will be instantly full. And then we might have 2 queues of 12 hours instead of just 1 queue of 24 hours.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Considering Henrik's goal for these Myrland instances is to "allow everyone to play directly", I'm inclined to think that they will prepare more than just 2 or 3 instances. My guess is 500+ just like they did with Haven which purportedly experienced little if any queue times.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Im actually expecting it to not fix anything. Its SV and Jesus patch we talking bout here. Bad experience with both.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Considering Henrik's goal for these Myrland instances is to "allow everyone to play directly", I'm inclined to think that they will prepare more than just 2 or 3 instances. My guess is 500+ just like they did with Haven which purportedly experienced little if any queue times.
There is no need for 500+ Myrland instances. Considering one instance can hold about 1500 players, up to 10 should suffice. We dont want empty servers where one player or a small group can farm unhindered and we also dont want ANY queue (except maybe for the main server).

Reactions: Xunila

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
1 instances does not work atm 2 would work but is bad for the game designe 3 is worse anything more than that would make it a single player game with no world pvp only agreed upon battles. bleh

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
How many other continents were in MO1?

my money is that’s how many instances they are adding. The coding as all there they are probably just making all the transfer points ‘point’ to a myrland copy rather than the continents they originally did

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
In MO1 there was just one other continent besides Myrland. And it was added after years of having just Myrland.
The total number of continents in lore are I think 6, which will be introduced in the future, as they are a lot of work to do.

Alocrin

Jan 29, 2022
The land of Eh?

This guy gets it