War System, my thoughts

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
We need a proper war system because right now you just get punished for PvPing
This is how it could work in my opinion:
Declare war on anybody, war starts a certain time after declaration so people dont abuse it for quick ganks.
System warning for everyone that logs in from involved guilds during declaration process and ongoing war (warning in character screen would be dope)
No fighting in town, guards will still uphold the law, meaning you will still go grey from attacking war targets around guarded towns.
War can be canceled after a certain amount of hours (96h?) from either side and there should be a cooldown (24h?) to restart war on the same target so guilds cant be spam attacked by the same guilds.
(96h?) cooldown on joining new guilds after leaving so people dont just guild hop to war the same target over and over
Only allow a few (3?) offensive wars at a time, but unlimited defensive or zergs would constantly war themselfes to be save

Last edited:

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
You mean the alliance system?
As far as i understand the war system that is inplace right now requires both partys to accept, basically consensual war...
Realistically war will almost never get accepted.
War is not consensual, the current system is absolutely ridicilous and only gets abused by big zergs as alliance system so they can easily see ingame who they are allied with and not go grey for accidentally hitting each other when zerging.
The suggested changes should in my opinion fix the broken war system

Tzone

May 16, 2021
As far as i understand the war system that is inplace right now requires both partys to accept, basically consensual war...
Realistically war will almost never get accepted.
War is not consensual, the current system is absolutely ridicilous and only gets abused by big zergs as alliance system so they can easily see ingame who they are allied with and not go grey for accidentally hitting each other when zerging.
The suggested changes should in my opinion fix the broken war system
We need fighting in towns. The war system was used to go after guilds that would harass you outside of towns but run back into them. It is also the way smaller guilds fight zergs, the smaller guilds would hit the larger guilds before they formed up a force. It will usually take a hour from the time they ping to get a zerg formed in the safety of towns.

All you have to do is limit the war dec to per town and make people repay for every town they do.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
We need fighting in towns. The war system was used to go after guilds that would harass you outside of towns but run back into them. It is also the way smaller guilds fight zergs, the smaller guilds would hit the larger guilds before they formed up a force. It will usually take a hour from the time they ping to get a zerg formed in the safety of towns.

All you have to do is limit the war dec to per town and make people repay for every town they do.
In my opinion intown fighting drove away alot of new players and noob guilds in mo1 cause they are the ones getting caught in town and then getting griefed cause they did not know how the system works and did not have the means to regear outside of town.
Thats in my opinion why SV even completely removed forced wartags.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022

Making war non con an allowing people to attack others in town sounds like a dog shit idea an it was in MO 1. Literally all it does is make the weaker guild not want to log in until the war ends or make the weaker guild just disband to avoid being ganked in towns.

Also lol how would this help smaller guilds fight zergs? Your claim is that zergs take time to group up well so do smaller guilds. This would make being in a zerg guild better cause lol look at how successful small groups are in red towns against the zerg groups right now.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
In my opinion intown fighting drove away alot of new players and noob guilds in mo1 cause they are the ones getting caught in town and then getting griefed cause they did not know how the system works and did not have the means to regear outside of town.
Thats in my opinion why SV even completely removed forced wartags.

Personally, I think war decs should be potentially permanent but have daily upkeep. The upkeep should go down based on the number of TC assets the guild being decced holds. It should also go up based on the number of members in your guild. This is of course assuming TC assets have real value by the time this happens so they are still worth holding.

If it's super expensive to dec some newb guild with nothing or a few T1 houses, but super cheap to war dec a guild with their own keep and a few strongholds, that will help prevent the abuse of using it to run off every newb guild with nothing to their name, while allowing it to be used meaningfully for war between big guilds.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
If it's super expensive to dec some newb guild with nothing or a few T1 houses, but super cheap to war dec a guild with their own keep and a few strongholds
There are no guild strongholds or houses, not sure about keeps but every house/stronghold is one players personal property which is complete bullshit.
Thats why i think it would not be right to go by guildmember house ownership.
I wish they would add truely guild owned houses where you can restrict acces via guild ranks and whitelists.
The housing system overall is so lackluster its frustrating to see in what sad state they dumped it into the game.

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
I feel only guilds that have a stake in territory control should be able to wardec or be declared war upon. War Dec should be a way for guilds to fight other guilds and require risking an asset to do so not as a way for shit tier grief guilds to gank noobs in town.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Making war non con an allowing people to attack others in town sounds like a dog shit idea an it was in MO 1. Literally all it does is make the weaker guild not want to log in until the war ends or make the weaker guild just disband to avoid being ganked in towns.

Also lol how would this help smaller guilds fight zergs? Your claim is that zergs take time to group up well so do smaller guilds. This would make being in a zerg guild better cause lol look at how successful small groups are in red towns against the zerg groups right now.
zergs have to have a guard zone to get their numbers online. If they didn't have the safeties of the GZ then they would get farmed for the hour it would take them to get everyone online. Theses zergs would get farmed in town in off hours as well, when they are crafting they would get farmed, when at bank they would get ganked, and they would not be able to run back to town when they get in fights outside of it.

Legion had a war dec with levia and would priest camp them in towns during big fights that they would zerg them with but levia would have two guys in vadda logging on and off greifing the hell out of legion untill they had to quit the war. Its already a proven mechanic to fight zergs. Zergs take a long time to get ready and if you are a smaller guild you have to wait 30-60mins for them to get their numbers 3 times yours and come out of the town to fight you.

Just look how the zerg guilds dont want forced wardecs but the smaller PvP guilds do.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I feel only guilds that have a stake in territory control should be able to wardec or be declared war upon. War Dec should be a way for guilds to fight other guilds and require risking an asset to do so not as a way for shit tier grief guilds to gank noobs in town.

That kind of makes sense. If wars are to be a way to target guilds with territory then you should need to stake something you can lose to be able to declare it on them.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
You need to be able to war any guild, nonconsensualy.
Ingame politics demand it, how can you play out a feud with an other guild without it.
Its necesarry cause without you would constantly get punished for fighting your enemy.
Completely ruins all the player politics that make this game so unique.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Personally, I think war decs should be potentially permanent but have daily upkeep. The upkeep should go down based on the number of TC assets the guild being decced holds. It should also go up based on the number of members in your guild. This is of course assuming TC assets have real value by the time this happens so they are still worth holding.

If it's super expensive to dec some newb guild with nothing or a few T1 houses, but super cheap to war dec a guild with their own keep and a few strongholds, that will help prevent the abuse of using it to run off every newb guild with nothing to their name, while allowing it to be used meaningfully for war between big guilds.
I like this but TC should have nothing to do with it. The "fee" should be based on the amount of players the offensive guild has as detriment for ZERGS, this game encourages zergs too much which would be ok if small groups had more advantages for the obvious reasons.

Reactions: Finnley

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
warring another guild should make them killable without faction loss however guards should still interupt it since they wont want fighting in there towns. War should probaly have an upkeep or limit how many guild u can war at a time so people can just war everyone

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
You need to be able to war any guild, nonconsensualy.
Ingame politics demand it, how can you play out a feud with an other guild without it.
Its necesarry cause without you would constantly get punished for fighting your enemy.
Completely ruins all the player politics that make this game so unique.

Unchecked limitless war Decing will result in griefiing and the game quickly will lose most of its population. You can kill anyone but there are consequences. Tying the war Dec system to the territory control system will give guilds something to risk and fight over. Why do countries go to war in the real world? Usually land and resources. Let it be the same in mortal not just for the sake of pking people.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Unchecked limitless war Decing will result in griefiing and the game quickly will lose most of its population. You can kill anyone but there are consequences. Tying the war Dec system to the territory control system will give guilds something to risk and fight over.
I did not suggest limitless unchecked war deccing
No fighting in town, guards will still uphold the law, meaning you will still go grey from attacking war targets around guarded towns.
War can be canceled after a certain amount of hours (96h?) from either side and there should be a cooldown (24h?) to restart war on the same target so guilds cant be spam attacked by the same guilds.
(96h?) cooldown on joining new guilds after leaving so people dont just guild hop to war the same target over and over
Only allow a few (3?) offensive wars at a time, but unlimited defensive or zergs would constantly war themselfes to be save