Updates on Launch Day Issues

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'll be back tomo for real this time. I had to check to see if I was somehow wrong. WE GOT DIZ. WE GON WIN. Somehow...

Reactions: Amadman

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If this is true about the Myrland instances, then it is effectively a two-tier society where those who can log into main Myrland have privileges that those who play on the alt instances do not.
Yes, which is going to make the population continue to tank. We may be able to log in, but it will be the bad f2p version of the game. They designed the game with trade brokers in mind, and then they wont work on other instances.

So instances are pretty much just a flop until they change this. People can 'play' but they cant actually buy anything. And unless I'm mistaken, most nubs don't have banks lined with gear setups. And then if they want to buy anything, they will have to queue main server, which everyone is trying to get on, and will be afking in. So it makes the instances not really solve the core issue.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Best case scenario is enough people queue for the other instances and the queue is really small if any on the main one. It'll allow people to explore and figure out the game, then by that time we can only hope the new continent comes (I guess).

I just hope the new continent isn't nearly as big. Give us a few smaller ones.

Reactions: 2022

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
bad f2p version of the game.

Yea this occurred to me. I was going to make a vocal plea to SV to right their ship and I mentioned "Might as well make it f2p at this point..." and then I was like WAIT noooo, cuz they'd probably do it. Someone has to get the message across to them that WE KNOW these are dummy instances, just like extra havens, but that if they work on it instead of Sardu, they can make them into their own things and then branch off from there into new Myrlands, that you can't travel in between... that can have continents and their own characters. THEN work on new continents. That's THE ONLY WAY I can see this working. Otherwise, this is a fucking joke and they really should start refunding people.

Every time I get a tiny bit of hope they can make something decent, they do something like this. I mean, this is really bad. You can still sell stuff manually, which is surprisingly hard in MO. Standing at the bank like UH ANYONE NEED... A WEP? That's not to mention that it seems you can't create or add guild members, which is a huge flop. I was thinking we could at least live out of them. Even if they nerfed teph and blast furn, it would be playable-ish, but this... I mean, I'd really like to know what the goal is. The whole "it's temporary" thing... it's like... even temporary things serve purposes. If you add in a temporary solution that offers NOTHING and the main problem is not something that can be fixed, what is the point?

I said to someone that it's not gonna be 'a demo,' but now it really is a demo. We have regressed to way-beta. I forgot what stage of beta it was where we didn't have guilds and brokers, but... yikes.

Best case scenario is enough people queue for the other instances and the queue is really small if any on the main one. It'll allow people to explore and figure out the game, then by that time we can only hope the new continent comes (I guess).

I just hope the new continent isn't nearly as big. Give us a few smaller ones.

Nah the best case is still multiple shard worlds! Or a refund. At least they already have Myrland built. Would be nice to shrink it, but if they push out half-assed underdeveloped continents (look at how underdeveloped Myrland is and they've had what a year+ to work on it,) I dunno how that's gonna help anyone. Make multiple Myrlands that you can't travel between FIRST. Then add continents.

This definitely has its place as the biggest fail by SV so far. I understand there could be exploits, but even keeping THE SAME broker as is on the mainland for the instances would be preferable to this. Same with guilds, explain WHY we cannot make guilds?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It's coming, here we go boys!

On Feb 10, 2022 at 20:00, Henrik said on the Announcements section on Discord:

We will be taking down the servers shortly, and deploy our new server setup with multiple Myrlands, this will most likely take a few hours to go through and test them before we can let everyone in. We will keep you updated on the steps and progress. @everyone

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Henrik answers that there are at least plans to open the brokers on the mirrors.

So there must be some reason that they are not able to have brokers initially.

HenrikToday at 7:14 AM
brokers does not support this setup, as it was never intended like this. having broker support on mirrors will take longer time. so we start with the most critical step now. let ppl play the game, then we continue on the other steps

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Henrik answers that there are at least plans to open the brokers on the mirrors.

Yes my first guess is that due to how brokers were coded, they don't cross over easily and that needs to be implemented. But they probobly want to get the instances out asap. Which makes sense. This is the 1 time adding something half finished is better than not adding it. But they really need to get brokers in asap cuz its not a real fix until they do.

Every time I get a tiny bit of hope they can make something decent, they do something like this. I mean, this is really bad.
Ya sadly this is why I have very little hope for the long-term life of this game. Its just bomb after bomb. So now because launch had too many players they are probobly going to add way too much space. And then when pop goes down we get MO1 sard (massive and dead). Nothing feels like its planned ahead. If they knew they would have this many players it should have been instanced fully functional myrlands from the start. Because then if pop goes down after launch like most games do, they can just remove instances. TC would have been a bit tricky with this. But they could have had a system to make TC structures on all instances or something, but can only be sieged on the one they were built.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

yea, like I said a bunch already, these are literal dummy instances. Direct copies. They can't have anything. I was thinking there was more leeway, but NO they can't have anything but the world. R I P.

Longer time, tho... hopefully he means like a week. Like I said they really need to pour resources into separating these mirrors into their own things and building from there IMO. But I really wonder what the steamcharts etc are gonna look like once they get everything up. Will give us an idea of what sort of 'problem' we are dealing with. I still say more people = better... but they need a different plan than just 'increase servers' or 'add more continents.' If all 4 instances fill up and start to queue I will laugh... but it'll be proof how much demand this game has, which, again, is good... kinda (it'll prove people haven't completely given up yet.)

I really don't see that happening. I just hope I can recover my limbo char! Will at least be trying it out. Gonna have to see if I recognize someone and be like hey, can you pass these swords to my alt? And they'll be like oh yeah... sure... I'll just wait right here! I come back... :eek:!!!

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think they are still expecting there to be ques on the mirrors.

Henrik mentioned que times of around ~40 min but later said that did not include the main world when asked.

He also stated that if you go into a que and are not happy with the numbers then you can cancel to try a different one.

So again that leads one to believe that we should still expect ques even getting into mirrors.

Last edited:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Im totally fine with a resonable queue time it's much better than too many instances and empty worlds.
I also hope now that everyone will be able to get in they will start kicking people after 5 seconds of inactivity so people actually can get in to mainland myrland..the ones that decided to afk can log on to the other crap ones.

Reactions: 666

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Im totally fine with a resonable queue time it's much better than too many instances and empty worlds.
I also hope now that everyone will be able to get in they will start kicking people after 5 seconds of inactivity so people actually can get in to mainland myrland..the ones that decided to afk can log on to the other crap ones.

I got into mains pretty quickly, was surprising. Like WOW MAIN SERVER. Now I'm trying to find how the fuck to get out of haven on my other char.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Patch Notes 1.0.0.13: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/6137846517010311175

Added
  • Added a new gatherable resource.
  • Added dueling. You can challenge someone to a duel by typing /duel while targeting the person you intend to duel. When accepted you will turn local grey to each other until one of you dies, logs out, or the duel timer ends after a period of inactivity.
  • Added a new village to Haven where the “Travel to Myrland” statue is now located.
  • Added lootable corpses to the wilderness of Haven, with a chance of finding rare loot.
  • Added an AFK kick timer.
  • Added support for Myrland Alt servers. You can join an alternative server from the login screen if the queue to the main server is too long. Alternative servers are restricted, on these servers the following things are currently disabled:
    - Kicking from guilds
    - Creating guilds
    - Joining guilds
    - Disbanding guilds
    - Building and upgrading buildables
    - Brokers
    - Mail
    Broker, Mail and guild functionality will be added later

Changes
  • Rearranged red priests on Myrland, they are now fewer and located farther away from guarded cities.
  • Cave Camp and Jungle Camp priests are now blue priests.
  • Priests outside dungeons are now blue priests.
  • Local grey status now lasts for 240s like criminal status.
  • You can now rightfully defend against a player & player pets if they attack you or your pets.
  • Items buy value is now checked instead of item sell value when transferring items from Haven.
  • Changed waterfall particles to look more subtle and blend better.
  • Tephra node yields decreased by 80%
  • Blast Furnaces are now disabled

Fixes
  • Fixed spelling error on Risar Chieftain.
  • Human clade gift 'Charismatic' should now work as intended again.
  • Fixed bug where local flag didnt update for the player that was killed.
  • Fixed being able to toggle (on foot) autorun while mounted.
  • Fixed autorun not getting disabled when mounting.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 11, 2022 at 06:55, Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

Haven Bag Transfer

There is currently a bug where you can take items in bags from Haven to the mainland. The GMs can easily track this and will result in a ban. They are currently making the rounds. Thank you. DO NOT DO THIS! Please throw up a GM ticket if you have an issue.

Again, at 07:02 Robmo said:

VOIP

There is an issue with VOIP across instances. You can now roleplay a ghost for some time. They are working on it.

Again, at 12:26 Robmo said on the Community Announcements section on Discord:

Red Priest Changes

The dev team wanted me to inform you that next patch will have new red priests outside every keep.

They also are working on red zones for free (MC free) PvP. Another feature they are working on is auto automatic War Declaration mechanic when one guild kills another often.

Thank you

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
yea I hadn't used haven at all other than gy basically, but I got out the map and found it, what a griefy walk. DUDES WANNA TALK ABOUT GRIEF. THATS GRIEF RIGHT THERE.
I dropped down at the tower. :)

But they probably did that to make it take more time for newer players to leave haven.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 12, 2022 at 04:55, Robmo said on the Support Announcements section on Discord:

Server Reboots/Crashes

Hey Mortals

I have been informed that the servers may occasionally reboot or crash. This is part of the new process and they will be restarted as this happens. This is not intentional. They are continuing to make sure this happens less and less. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm just happy whatever happened that I can log into the main server now. lol I dunno why they nerfed zombies to 2 clade points but I hope everyone who claded up before now IS HAPPY. Ahem.

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
I'm just happy whatever happened that I can log into the main server now. lol I dunno why they nerfed zombies to 2 clade points but I hope everyone who claded up before now IS HAPPY. Ahem.
I'm glad I got a refund... and gtfoh. I planned to never come back here, but I got an email message to your reply for some reason. Looks like they are screwing over the people that were stuck in the queue for the full two weeks while SV was figuring out their server issue and plan of action.

PS. I bought a new guitar and I've been learning a bunch of Ghost songs... Found something to do with my free time. :) Anyways, laters.