Updates on Launch Day Issues

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Furthermore, as far as Steam is concerned. I am not afraid to delete that account. I have many other hobbies and ways of acquiring games. So if they want to be greedy now and lose a future customer, fine by me. No skin off my back.

If you are seriously not worried about the account then maybe you could just put in a dispute of the charge with your credit card provider.

They may put temp restrictions on your account and not accept chargers from that card anymore. But really that is more their loss if you are not worried about the account. If the chargeback goes through you will get your money back and they will be charged a fee.

If enough people are willing to do this then steam would probably want do what it takes to avoid these fees.

They just feel that people are too reliant on their service to risk it.

Last edited:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Emdash, I appreciate your understanding in all this. I also don't get the people that are being jackasses online about it... but I will sleep easy because Karma is a bitch.
It's good to have faith xD
hope u never see that money. for no reason what so ever.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
If you are seriously not worried about the account then maybe you could just put in a dispute of the charge with your credit card provider.

They may put temp restrictions on your account and not accept chargers from that card anymore. But really that is more their loss if you are not worried about the account. If the chargeback goes through you will get your money back and they will be charged a fee.

If enough people are willing to do this then steam would probably want do what it takes to avoid these fees.

They just feel that people are too reliant on their service to risk it.
Steam return policy an equal joke to their forum moderation. It just automated or copy paste replies I doubt any of their support staff even knows what they're doing. But ya people need to realize this an start issuing charge backs through their bank, if it happens enough maybe Valve will finally start caring about their customers instead of treating them like numbers.

As for harassing SV for refunds IDK what people expect SV to do. SV can barely confirm who the account owner is let alone confirm if they have the right bank information to issue the refund. This is because logging into the game is processed using player's steam account, and all payment information for the game is stored via steam. Asking SV to issue the refunds themselves is impossible they don't have the information needed to eveb start the refund process let alone issue the refund.

Reactions: Amadman and Balinor

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
CM update on the instanced myrlands, from discord channel
I have received a little bit of info on the instances. More will be brought forward as I find out.

There are 4 instances of Myrland

There is a 2hr cooldown between switching Myrlands.

General Guild functions (except chat), trade broker, mail and housing disabled on alt Myrlands.

Rarity has been changed slightly because of the instances.

Blast Furnaces are disabled for now (clarifying if its on alts or all)

Tephra craters have reduced yield.

I will add to this and try to find out more. Thank you guys.

^^ From Steam. Not sure if this is a troll but WAT. NO BROKER? FAK. Well, I guess it does make sense cuz, as I said, I bet it's all entangled. You'd think they'd at least have a broker tho. Beta sucked hard without a broker.

Whelp, this is my final SMH of the day... haha, later.

Reactions: Amadman and Jybwee

Jybwee

May 28, 2020

General Guild functions (except chat), trade broker, mail and housing disabled on alt Myrlands.

^^ From Steam. Not sure if this is a troll but WAT. NO BROKER? FAK. Well, I guess it does make sense cuz, as I said, I bet it's all entangled. You'd think they'd at least have a broker tho. Beta sucked hard without a broker.

Right?!?!? A 2 hr cooldown just to check if (for example) 2h swords are available on Moh KI broker. So insane.
I get that their backs are against the wall atm. And there's probably a whole immense web of BS/coding to deal with when your one server vision gets turned upsidedown.
But that's a jarring, painstaking, annoying, and bottlenecking Band-Aid.

I think if they, at least, offered a broker search on their website it would help to reduce the need to change servers for a simple broker check.
I want to say i remember MOMaps? or somebody doing this at some point in MO1?. With my layman mind i would imagine it's semi easy.

I get that SV is struggling to make this all work. And i know many players are willing to give them the benefit of patience. But the longer this takes and the more hoops that a regular player is asked to go thru, the less likely they will be to jump thru those hoops.

They've done so much work on the new player experience and retention, then this...

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
As for harassing SV for refunds IDK what people expect SV to do. SV can barely confirm who the account owner is let alone confirm if they have the right bank information to issue the refund. This is because logging into the game is processed using player's steam account, and all payment information for the game is stored via steam. Asking SV to issue the refunds themselves is impossible they don't have the information needed to eveb start the refund process let alone issue the refund.

I personally haven't harassed SV. I tried sending an email to their support email, but it was rejected by their email server (I posted it up on a reply in one of these threads). But, so much for that. All I am expecting SV to do is to 1) Contact Steam and ask them to give players full refunds on their broken product. 2) Post on the announcements forum that they have done so, and that players experiencing login/que issues may ask Steam for a refund.

That is it. Simply stand behind your product, acknowledge that it is broken and that Steam has been contacted that refunds should be offered. Nothing more... But they cannot even do something as simple as that. It would take 5-10 minutes tops.

As for the Credit Card, that is the route I will most likely take. I was trying to give both Steam and SV the opportunity to do right by their customers, but apparently, that is neither of their priorities. There's no way in hell I'd pay for a subscription after their lack of communication on this front. Their loss more than mine, but since they over-sold, they probably don't give a rat's ass.

Reactions: Tloluvin

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Can we get a confirmation that instances will not only disable housing but also mailing, guilds and broker? Also i've been told they are nerfing material gathering such as tephra (and who knows what else).

If this is the case i think SV is finally hitting the bottom of the shit pit. Shame on them, and shame on me for expecting them to do one single thing well, i didn't think it was possible to do it worse.

Reactions: Jatix

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This is a screenshot from the discord -

View attachment 3540

Why would they nerf myrland instances lol, what does these dudes have inside their brain this is just too much. Adding instances for players to play a 6 month older version of the game i din't want to say it but this is borderline a scam. Housing, mail, broker and guild are about 50% (if not more) of the content not to mention they are nerfing and changing rarity of things.

Can someone explain to me why would they do this? I mean why would all instances be different from the main server like, at all.

People than already been playing in the main server are way ahead than the ones in haven or the ones that won't do 26h+ queues and on top of the cake they make other myrland instances absolutly miserable. I know people thats been on the main server for more than 4 days in a raw despite the poor GM attempt to kick "visible" afkrs, if this shit ain't absolutly unfair idk what is.

Man i was too lazy to write steam reviews now i feel motivated as fuck.

Last edited:

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Why would they nerf myrland instances lol, what does these dudes have inside their brain this is just too much. Adding instances for players to play a 6 month older version of the game i din't want to say it but this is borderline a scam. Housing, mail, broker and guild are about 50% (if not more) of the content not to mention they are nerfing and changing rarity of things.

Can someone explain to me why would they do this? I mean why would all instances be different from the main server like, at all.

People than already been playing in the main server are way ahead than the ones in haven or the ones that won't do 26h+ queues and on top of the cake they make other myrland instances absolutly miserable. I know people thats been on in the main server for more than 4 days in a raw despite the poor GM attempt to kick "visible" afkrs, if this shit ain't absolutly unfair idk what is.

I'm a fucking LONG time supporter of all things SV. But i'm wavering bro.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I have some gaming friends that tried the game out, just like a lot of people in here didn't know that you CAN get a refund and its a 5 minute job.
They were whining in our discord how their refund on steam was denied. I asked, did you just ask for it through the automated system? Yes, yes they did.

After them whining for a couple hours and me trying to get them to understand that they can make an ACTUAL refund request that needs to be handled by an actual support person and not a very limited automated system they finally got around to do it. They got their refunds approved after about 6 hours. one has like 120 hours played btw, not counting queue time.

Stop complaining at SV about refunds, its 100% up to steam and they honor refunds, instead of fighting an automated system that is there as convenience for people(and for them to need less support personnel) within the refund parameters that are clearly stated. If you are outside the automated parameters you just make a normal steam support ticket and they have OTHER parameters that the support person has to check if they apply to you. The game being in a broken unplayable state is one of them, this includes significant and especially long term server issues. Dont expect to get far with a refund if the extent of your support request amounts a single paragraph of "HERP DERP REFUND PLS IS SCAM"

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I have some gaming friends that tried the game out, just like a lot of people in here didn't know that you CAN get a refund and its a 5 minute job.
They were whining in our discord how their refund on steam was denied. I asked, did you just ask for it through the automated system? Yes, yes they did.

After them whining for a couple hours and me trying to get them to understand that they can make an ACTUAL refund request that needs to be handled by an actual support person and not a very limited automated system they finally got around to do it. They got their refunds approved after about 6 hours. one has like 120 hours played btw, not counting queue time.
I feel we can just consolidate the 32 refund threads/discord rants

***It's handled by Steam***

Steam has a vested interest in your (direct) "dollar" , along with every fucking retailor in the world.

If you appeal to their bottom line without passion/resent/excessive detail/containments/ etc etc... any BS towards something they have no control over.

Forgo all that urge to vent.

Then you'll get your refund.

AS for me, I'd still pay a year sub tomorrow. I have a uniquely love/hate relationship with SV and admire the advancements they've made.

Reactions: Amadman

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I feel we can just consolidate the 32 refund threads/discord rants

***It's handled by Steam***

Steam has a vested interest in your (direct) "dollar" , along with every fucking retailor in the world.

If you appeal to their bottom line without passion/resent/excessive detail/containments/ etc etc... any BS towards something they have no control over.

Forgo all that urge to vent.

Then you'll get your refund.

AS for me, I'd still pay a year sub tomorrow. I have a uniquely love/hate relationship with SV and admire the advancements they've made.
People have a right not to be happy with how things turned out and I both think and know they are entitled to a refund and should get one if they want one.

But really they should leave it at that. Getting a giant hate boner and doing nothing but whining on forums, steam and discord is really sad, don't get why people waste their time like that, they should just refund and move on. If they are truly interested in the concept but don't like the state of the game, Refund and then giving the game another try at some other time is an option that people should entertain.

All things granted the release was bad, but it wasn't MO1 release levels of bad. But I can 100% understand why people would not be satisfied with that... But they should just get a refund and cut their "losses".

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
But really they should leave it at that. Getting a giant hate boner and doing nothing but whining on forums, steam and discord is really sad, don't get why people waste their time like that, they should just refund and move on. If they are truly interested in the concept but don't like the state of the game, Refund and then giving the game another try at some other time is an option that people should entertain.

Bro, if it were as easy as you say to get a refund through Steam I wouldn't be here. I've been going back and forth with Steam customer support for a week now. My account has like 15 hours played, and most of that is queue time. So no, its not as easy as you are making it out to be. I have better things to do than rant on these forums for a game I will never play... At this point I don't give a fuck how good it eventually is, I'm not giving either of these ass-wipe companies any of my money.

LordCax

Feb 9, 2022

People than already been playing in the main server are way ahead than the ones in haven or the ones that won't do 26h+ queues and on top of the cake they make other myrland instances absolutly miserable. I know people thats been on the main server for more than 4 days in a raw despite the poor GM attempt to kick "visible" afkrs, if this shit ain't absolutly unfair idk what is.

Exactly, why the heck are they nerfing things like clade and loot tables. It's like they are punishing us for their own mistakes when it's already a job to even play thier game.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
LMFAO no broker on myrland instances. Literally Wtf. So we get 1 character thats heavily limited because hur dur promotes trade. But to actually trade intelligently, with the broker, as intended, you get to queue all day. Because everyone's going to want to be on the shitty main myrland that actually has content and functions. This game has well earned its mostly negative position on steam.

Join the zerg brother. Game has earned it. I refrained at first in the hopes of the game succeeding but after like 10 days of unplayable garbage I caved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
CM update on the instanced myrlands, from discord channel
I have received a little bit of info on the instances. More will be brought forward as I find out.

There are 4 instances of Myrland

Rarity has been changed slightly because of the instances.

Blast Furnaces are disabled for now (clarifying if its on alts or all)

Tephra craters have reduced yield.

I will add to this and try to find out more. Thank you guys.

I've yet to see anything official come out from SV regarding how the Myrland instances will work, so I would treat that supposed update with suspicion and scepticism.

Unless I've missed something, that is.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Can we get a confirmation that instances will not only disable housing but also mailing, guilds and broker? Also i've been told they are nerfing material gathering such as tephra (and who knows what else).

If this is the case i think SV is finally hitting the bottom of the shit pit. Shame on them, and shame on me for expecting them to do one single thing well, i didn't think it was possible to do it worse.

glad I came back to see cax bitching tho. I might have one more lil go in me.

edit @finegamingconnoisseur, I hope so, dood.

Edit2: I can post sauces tho, sec...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1170950/discussions/0/3176729653164588200/ dude is a dip who made it. I dunno if I'd say I wouldn't put him past it to make some shit up, but that'd be pretty wacky.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I've yet to see anything official come out from SV regarding how the Myrland instances will work, so I would treat that supposed update with suspicion and scepticism.

Unless I've missed something, that is.

Yeah, it is from a Robmo quote on Discord. From what I understand he is getting paid by SV to help with communications. At least on Discord anyway.