unacceptable to keep servers up while thousands cant get pass queue / crash

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
If MMO launches did not matter, this wouldn't be a big deal. Everyone knows the first few days in a MMO are all about getting ahead so you can take full advantage of what you learned during the beta / alpha.

People not being able to play today, vs the people currently in game now its a huge disadvantage to those of us unable to play.

Keep server offline until you properly fix the issue, also kick AFKers

Reactions: Xill420 and Starz

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Making it unfair to everyone; is that always better than unfairness to some?
If MMO launches did not matter, this wouldn't be a big deal. Everyone knows the first few days in a MMO are all about getting ahead so you can take full advantage of what you learned during the beta / alpha.

People not being able to play today, vs the people currently in game now its a huge disadvantage to those of us unable to play.

I tend to think this idea would make things worse, unless properly fixing "the issue" (which might be more than one issue — who knows?) was very quick indeed.

Reactions: Faldir

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
This wouldn't work. For some people, this is the first time you've played and you're waiting one to two days.. maybe at max a full week for everything to be ironed out (Which Sebastian a.k.a. FarmerJoe has confirmed no sub time will be used yet).

As for those of who have been here. The first release date was December 2020 if I recall correctly. SOOOOOOO.

There's been a dedicated crowd waiting much, much longer.

Does that excuse the problems? No, but people are able to play to some extent and that is much better then no one playing.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

dude it's lagging so hard that you can hardly do anything lol

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
thats not what the streamers are showing on twitch.

I dunno where they are, or if they got some priority shite, but where I was I logged out. lol.

Edit: and you're talking about in Myr not in Haven?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
they should have waited to implement houses and keeps until 6 months after launch. Iron out all at least the major bugs like this one, and then introduce buildings after. Instead all rushed and now it falls apart.

as it stands,, there will be guilds that lose out on their chance to build a keep simply because they cant enter the game. By the time they do they will be too far behind in gold.

its completely unacceptable for a subscription based game. And the worst part is this complete silence from SV about it. Not an official statement on what this bug is, or what they are doing to fix it. As per usual SV being unprofessional.

ps: i stand corrected. Henrik did say they are trying to fix it, hopefully by tomorrow. I guess discord is more official than his his own official forums.

Last edited:

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Europeans get choice placement. :)

I don't care, but I feel for those who are in the arms race to acquire that keep spot. (Not me! I had my fill of building in MO1)

Without siege mechanics, the first to grab gets to keep it until then, so its a race.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Once you get in it's easy to stay in by just splashing yourself or jumping up and down

Edit: but the irony is that I went to Myr early to do something, and I shoulda stayed in Haven till full full spec. Now I'm gonna have to go back in if I ever get in...

If you're really staying, tho, it's a long game, I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited:

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
they should have waited to implement houses and keeps until 6 months after launch. Iron out all at least the major bugs like this one, and then introduce buildings after. Instead all rushed and now it falls apart.

as it stands,, there will be guilds that lose out on their chance to build a keep simply because they cant enter the game. By the time they do they will be too far behind in gold.

its completely unacceptable for a subscription based game. And the worst part is this complete silence from SV about it. Not an official statement on what this bug is, or what they are doing to fix it. As per usual SV being unprofessional.

ps: i stand corrected. Henrik did say they are trying to fix it, hopefully by tomorrow. I guess discord is more official than his his own official forums.
Well they said they are on it and that your free month hasnt started so far, its frustrating but fair i guess. Die preliminary gave you a time compensation, i saw releases if other subbed ganes which took your sub money first before they compensated their release mess

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Removing house/keep deeds till server works better would make things more fair?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You know, the reason this is more griefy than I expected is that it worked for awhile, and we were all running around like ITS ALIIVVEE THEY DID IT. Then some time later it all goes to shit. So, there is this expectation of a poor outcome that was met with a positive outcome, and then once you start playing the game you get the poor outcome you expected in the beginning.

Meanwhile some people have been online for 48 hours, pissing in a bucket and drinking monster drinks and are about to place their keep haha.

Reactions: Starz and The Khan

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
>Meanwhile some people have been online for 48 hours, pissing in a bucket and drinking monster drinks and are about to place their keep haha.

well, it was mostly just coffee & water, but yeah