UE4 Crash on launch

A_Good_Bean

Mar 22, 2021
Can't launch the game, keep getting an UE4 crash each time I try to launch, I'll include the crash report below.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 4547] Missing global shader FHairVisibilityDepthPS's permutation 1, Please make sure cooking was successful.

MortalOnline2_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

Please, please help. Just spent an entire day and night installing.

longballoon

Mar 23, 2021
Having the same issue since patch.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall twice now.

Would love to be able to play.

A_Good_Bean

Mar 22, 2021
Yeah just tried re-installing myself. I'm familiar with the fact that sometimes Alphas/Betas have bugs, but this is super frustrating since I can't even launch and literally donated for a key only a couple of days ago.

longballoon

Mar 23, 2021
I think this may have something to do with steam. Even though I have gone through and deleted all mortal online folders. Steam seems to only download the 35gb update when I install. Where it says the download should be 75gb. Can't find a solution.

longballoon

Mar 23, 2021
Finally got it to work, try deleting everything mortal related off the computer before you re install. After several attempts, I got it to work.

ChrisVaelor

Mar 24, 2021
I have been deleting and reinstalling everything regarding Mortal Online 2 and Steam application in my PC, after reinstalling MO2 when launching keeps crashing with the same UE4 crash report.
I have Win10 Pro. Please look into this .

UPDATE: on my laptop MO2 starts normally, cant play though cause low specs. On my main PC I had Epic Games launcher installed.
I downloaded the Epic Games L. in my laptop and tried to launch MO2. Crash report from UE4.

So there is a compatibility issue probably with the EG launcher.
So far :
-I uninstalled the EG launcher from my main PC
-Reinstalled MO2, still UE4 crash.
Will troubleshoot further.

Last edited:

A_Good_Bean

Mar 22, 2021
Worked for me too! Simply deleted all files and folders related to Mortal Online 2, then reinstalled, now works

ChrisVaelor

Mar 24, 2021
Worked for me too! Simply deleted all files and folders related to Mortal Online 2, then reinstalled, now works

Thank you for informing me on this...So I will try that too...the thing is that I have the MO2 directory folder from Steamapps backed up, and copied to steam root folder and reinstalling it, in order to save a lot of hours downloading it again.
Now I have deleted everything related to MO2 and redownloading it again. 11 hours to go...