Two handed swords

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If you must have a bow then its harder to fit in more than 1, maybe 2 melee weapons (2 if you sacrifice in other skills)

There is no one forcing you to use a bow though, you can very easily fit 3 weapons if you don't use a bow.
It seems like the pve is going to require a bow, or nearly so.

And by having only 1 character, people will be trying to fit creature control for pet points, controlled riding, and maybe taming, etc. so I think unless pole weps become OP fewer people will be carrying multiple weapon skills.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
It seems like the pve is going to require a bow, or nearly so.

I assume you mean for hunting passive animals not aggressive animals?

And by having only 1 character, people will be trying to fit creature control for pet points, controlled riding, and maybe taming, etc. so I think unless pole weps become OP fewer people will be carrying multiple weapon skills.

I think you are trying too hard to fit too much onto one character, but that's up to the person to decide how to specialize their character, maybe someone will want to have options when it comes to their melee combat instead of being able to tame a horse on their own

Piet

May 28, 2020
I would like to point out there are similar speed clubs and axes but they do less damage and are harder to use than a 2h sword

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I am sure everyone has noticed they are the meat and potato weapon. Almost no one uses anything different. I believe 2h swords are close to on par but just slightly to strong. They are easy to hit without getting a handle hit in comparison to other weapons, they are faster than other weapon and do about the same or more damage than other weapons, while taking very little stam to swing (thx Evelyn). I think they are close though perhaps if the damage was nerfed it would help like removing blunt damage or something. What do you all think?

What I think? Copy/past MO1 Combat and problem solve.

Reactions: Rorry

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i don´t think swords are op. The damage should not be nerfed, or the time to kill is way too long. The shield on a dwarf is op. Test a 2 handed Sword vs a Shield + spear. I think the Warhammer and Polearms need a buff to make more damage, becuase you can get handelhits.

Piet

May 28, 2020
i don´t think swords are op. The damage should not be nerfed, or the time to kill is way too long. The shield on a dwarf is op. Test a 2 handed Sword vs a Shield + spear. I think the Warhammer and Polearms need a buff to make more damage, becuase you can get handelhits.
That's another option that makes sense. I dig it.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Imo 2 handed swords have the best swing arcs and swing animations of any weapon in the game.
Its been long since it was the best performing weapon in MO2s testing.
But literally every other weapon to me has shit swing/stab animations and arcs.
They dont feel realistic and also feel very wonky, unresponsive and out of place.

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
Two handed swords are just for the looks really. In group fighting what matters is pure brute dmg which you won't get from a sword.
A battle-axe on the other hand does it with blunt dmg. And spears? These animation fakes are a lot to handle and now poleaxe have gained the same stupid animation as the spear... Bring that stuff into a groupfight and no two handed sword user would last.