Twitch Stream July 7th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Twitch Stream July 7th 2022 Summary

Necromancy Patch

We have been taking our time on the patch in hopes to delivery a polished experience. This patch includes some fixes or additions that are simply not only feature updates. Even though our primary focus was to finish the road map, there has been time to tackle some bug extermination. Some of these fixes include.
- Rewritten Clade XP for Healers
- The height variance of buildings rendering from player to player
- Removal of the Dungeon priests
- Trinkets being placeable in bags
- Improved and adjusted horse avoidance system (for riding)
- Some of the offensive and defensive trinket buffs not working as intended
- DLSS upgraded to 2.3.5
- Some Major Jungle Crashes
- Pet and Alliance flagging issues
- Players will not being able to see through meshes/walls (through emoting)
- Trinket Vendors in Haven
- Passwords fields not clearing upon reuse when interacting with a new window (housing)
- Added Pet Equipment Tab for the Broker
- Upgraded Bug reporting System
- And much more

With the Necromancy Patch, you will be getting access to a new school, Necromancy Spells. Necromantic Rituals skill is for the ability to craft and raise your undead pets, and Walker Knowledge to help improve the efficiency of your walker summon spells. In this patch we will also be introducing Tower Shields as a new type of shield to use and craft. With Tower Shields, you’ll be able to craft Legendary Armor and Shields to give yourself more flair in the world. This will work the same way it currently does as Legendary Weapons. It will also include a new dungeon for you to explore that is tied to the Necromancy school and legends. The last feature is an additional Massive Boss for you to conquer with your allies and friends. This will bring new challenges and materials for you to claim and discover.
We know that everyone has been waiting and we are very close to release. You will not have to wait till the beginning of August, we plan to release the patch this month in July.

Marketing

We continue to receive questions regrading our player counts and we are not worried. Mortal Online 2 is designed for the long term which we hope to capitalize over time. With a MUCH higher than anticipated interest in our game at launch, we had severe issues which caused us to change our content focus on a server optimization focus. In this time we may have burned bridges for many players. With these failures, we understand that players may have left to try other games, which we hope they are enjoying. With our new focus on Project: Polish following the next patch, we will be working on solidifying the foundation of our game to apply content on top of.

We have turned the faucet off on all marketing since the launch week. We will be turning it back on closer to our Epic Store release. We have been in contact with many influencers from Tarkov, Valheim, Rust and many more who have been showing a lot of interest for Mortal Online 2. We simply want to make sure the foundation and servers are ready to anticipate the growth of the game. What is more important is how these polish and bug fix updates will affect the players currently playing. We hope to share more of our future roadmap soon after Necromancy.

Help Chat Changes

We recognize that help chat isn’t being used in the way we intended and will be making some changes on how it works or who has access to it. We do not have a specific announcement of what that is, however, it should be part of our polish push. We recommend players to review our communication policy here:

https://www.mortalonline2.com/in-game-chat-and-voip-communication-policy/

Help chat is to be used for helping other players only. It is not to be used as a general chat function or to berate other guilds or players. Our GMs will be moderating this channel which could cause your account to either be help chat muted temporarily or forever. This can lead to complete in game communication mutes if severe enough.

Territory Control in Two Waves

We understand the anticipation for these features. We wanted to give out an update on how it will be rolled out. Territory Control is planned to roll out in 2 major waves. These waves will be the foundational pieces of the feature going forward. We plan to add additional supplementary features for the ongoing future past this. Territory Control will always be slowly expanding.

We Will Never Server Wipe

The plan since launch was to be persistent and that is what our world shall be. We have no plans to ever wipe the progress of the game server. We do wipe players and items of players who abuse our system to remove the impact on the game and its economy. This is the line we draw. Players should never have to worry about a Server Wipe.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
'Improved and adjusted horse avoidance system (for riding) '

Have no idea what this means could you elaborate please?
So when your horse is about to collide into objects, it avoids it better. They also made it so this doesnt really happen with slopes

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Hmm seems an odd thing to fix surely its up to the rider to avoid objects manually. What I would like to see as a tamer is that when you have multiple horses they dont bunch up like they do atm and you cannot ride them away without first seperating them by having to dismount and use follow and stop commands.
There was always an avoidance system, however sometimes it caused issues for the rider. So it was adjusted in certain ways.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Marketing

We continue to receive questions regrading our player counts and we are not worried. Mortal Online 2 is designed for the long term which we hope to capitalize over time. With a MUCH higher than anticipated interest in our game at launch, we had severe issues which caused us to change our content focus on a server optimization focus. In this time we may have burned bridges for many players. With these failures, we understand that players may have left to try other games, which we hope they are enjoying. With our new focus on Project: Polish following the next patch, we will be working on solidifying the foundation of our game to apply content on top of.

We have turned the faucet off on all marketing since the launch week. We will be turning it back on closer to our Epic Store release. We have been in contact with many influencers from Tarkov, Valheim, Rust and many more who have been showing a lot of interest for Mortal Online 2. We simply want to make sure the foundation and servers are ready to anticipate the growth of the game. What is more important is how these polish and bug fix updates will affect the players currently playing. We hope to share more of our future roadmap soon after Necromancy.

We Will Never Server Wipe

The plan since launch was to be persistent and that is what our world shall be. We have no plans to ever wipe the progress of the game server. We do wipe players and items of players who abuse our system to remove the impact on the game and its economy. This is the line we draw. Players should never have to worry about a Server Wipe.

Poor statement IMO in regards to marketing. Don't say you burned bridges. You dunno that. Then you stopped marketing the game? lol. I mean, it makes sense, but on the other hand, kinda like we were asking for you guys to pause the game while it was all messing up, wouldn't that have made a lot more sense?

I also wish the title was not WE WILL NEVER SERVER WIPE because that is not stated in the paragraph. I agree players should never have to worry about a server wipe, but players should also not have to worry about DUPING, HACKING, BEING UNABLE TO LOG IN FOR 2 WEEKS.

If you lock yourself out of a solution, you will be in big trouble if that is the most sensible one. "We do wipe..." well, if the effect on the economy remains, what do you do then?

manure

May 7, 2022
Robmo, thanks for the updates.

Could you, please, also say something about these two topics :

1 - Thieving system (Will it ever be released ?)
2 - Suicide murder count exploit (Will it ever be fixed ?)

Thanks in advance

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hey Robmo I found you didn't mention the best part of this last stream:

Btw I don't agree with what they say but you have to say its frigging hilarious.

I dunno. lol, I guess we all have our picks of dark humor, but as someone who has lost a lot, esp considering people who HAVEN'T lost a lot + losing something so great, there is 0 reason why they should do that. Someone told me Henrik's dad was cool af too and was a GM at 1 time :eek: I dunno if that's true or not, but!

I hate that there seems to be a hatred between the player base and Henrik. Then I think both sides are taking it out on each other, when both sides secretly want to be loved. I wouldn't pay a dollar to say shit to him. But yea someone should have censored that.

Prol one of the few things in my life I'm gonna say is too far. Esp because it comes from nerd rage over some game.

Reactions: Melkhia

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No obviously the stuff about his Dad is not right but in my long MMO experience every American gamer I have ever interacted with has always used sexual or pedo references as an insult it just seems to be what they do.
And believe me I know a thing or two about trash talk;)

me2 lol