Twitch Stream August 25th 2022 Summary + Why will Mortal Online 2 have a subscription model?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Shield changes are as stupid as can be. Who was asking for this? To remove shields from mage gameplay. One of the only skill based gameplay mechanics in the game is using the shield on your back as a mage.

All we asked for was to add a penalty to TOWER SHIELDS. Not normal shields, those were fine.

"smaller shields in combination with light armor while still maintaining above 90% mana regeneration" We dont even have 90% mana regen with normal mage sets which are ranger with scales. No one runs rugged garments except bad players. Its just RP armor. Normal shields are 2 weight. Only mages who will be wearing normal shields are mounted fat mages who dont even really need armor. A normal foot mage set is 6-7 weight and around 70-80% regen. You will just make that regen decrease to 50-60% for a normal PvP ready mage set. Not some trash RP armor like rugged garments.

Who ever is suggesting this doesn't know how the play the game. Doesnt have PvP experience or is just losing every fight.

This is just taking the fun out of the game trying to balance a working system. Mean while you are buffing MM with is soo strong right and even before the reflect changes.

IDK where this feedback is coming from but it is not reflecting what is happening in PvP. Im group PvPing multiple times aday both in foot PvP and mounted PvP. As a MA and a foot mage. I dont see any PvP guild agreeing with these changes we were hearing about. The only think the PvP guilds were on the same page with SV about was having a nerf for tower shields but you applied it to everyshield for no reason.

Literally takes something that was fun and not broken, nerfing it. Then buffing the unfun but very very strong playstyle of mm and buffing it more. Also buffing con more when its not needed. The people crying about need concentration buffs are just bad players who want to stand and tank cast like wow because they cant figure out how to move and kite.

You were doing so good these last couple of patches SV, but history repeats its self with one step forward two steps back. Why arent you actually fixing the shit wrong with the game that we care about like being blinded by every spell, or our spells canceling out mid channel, or EQ not dismounted.

• Haha
Reactions: Nefnate

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"At Star Vault we value the integrity of our game. "

I am not a shield user, but it's interesting to think about tanking AI w/ a shield now. I will leave it to the shield people to decipher this, but I appreciate that you guys TRIED to make a complex change.

That being said, I don't understand the mounted mage change.

I think I would like to see more complex changes even if they seem fucky at first. Shields were an interesting place to start tbh.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I kinda like the shield change. It does make sense to add to your armor weight. but, with this armor t and heavy armor t should give more armor weight so that heavy fighters can actually use shields. Right now you can barely even wear metal armor with max heavy armor t on some races.

Also, 1h weapons need some love. They are currently just shitty stam weaker slower versions of 2h weapons. The point was shields were op. If shields now have their own disadvantage, 1h weapons should be like 2h with normal swing speeds and damage. They will still be shorter range.

Currently with the shield changes 1h weapon with shields is just going to be trash. and its only going to be spears and shields as usual. Because spears don't count as 1h weapons so they don't suck.

I get the point in the sub model, not wanting to sell cosmetics because they arent mo. I do think sub will still shit on the population. So it could be worth considering any cash shop methods that arent cosmetics. I hate cash shops but also like f2p games. I currently dont play mo2 enough to be worth a sub. But while its no sub people like me can still technically log in at any point to try updates, etc. Which just means more players coming back.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I would have liked to see strength and armour weight combined to determine whether or not the shield user would be slowed down, instead of just armour weight alone.

That way, while the mage player could technically equip the shield, unless they had the strength level needed they would still suffer movement and stamina regen penalties even if they were within the armour weight limit.

Also, removing the extra stamina drain while blocking effectively makes the Blocking skill obsolete. At this point, the player could just invest in a strong shield made from high-grade materials to mitigate most of the damage, without needing the Blocking skill's shield damage reduction. The reduction in stamina drain was one of, if not the main, reason to train up Blocking.

I would ask SV to seriously consider making strength as an additional requirement for equipping shields of a certain size and above, not just armour weight alone, in determining if and how much movement speed and stamina regen penalties the player would suffer.

As well, please retain the extra stamina drain while blocking a weapon strike or arrow. We don't want the game to turn into a shield-meta where everybody will have a shield regardless of their build.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Shield changes are as stupid as can be. Who was asking for this? To remove shields from mage gameplay. One of the only skill based gameplay mechanics in the game is using the shield on your back as a mage.

All we asked for was to add a penalty to TOWER SHIELDS. Not normal shields, those were fine.

"smaller shields in combination with light armor while still maintaining above 90% mana regeneration" We dont even have 90% mana regen with normal mage sets which are ranger with scales. No one runs rugged garments except bad players. Its just RP armor. Normal shields are 2 weight. Only mages who will be wearing normal shields are mounted fat mages who dont even really need armor. A normal foot mage set is 6-7 weight and around 70-80% regen. You will just make that regen decrease to 50-60% for a normal PvP ready mage set. Not some trash RP armor like rugged garments.

Who ever is suggesting this doesn't know how the play the game. Doesnt have PvP experience or is just losing every fight.

This is just taking the fun out of the game trying to balance a working system. Mean while you are buffing MM with is soo strong right and even before the reflect changes.

IDK where this feedback is coming from but it is not reflecting what is happening in PvP. Im group PvPing multiple times aday both in foot PvP and mounted PvP. As a MA and a foot mage. I dont see any PvP guild agreeing with these changes we were hearing about. The only think the PvP guilds were on the same page with SV about was having a nerf for tower shields but you applied it to everyshield for no reason.

Literally takes something that was fun and not broken, nerfing it. Then buffing the unfun but very very strong playstyle of mm and buffing it more. Also buffing con more when its not needed. The people crying about need concentration buffs are just bad players who want to stand and tank cast like wow because they cant figure out how to move and kite.

You were doing so good these last couple of patches SV, but history repeats its self with one step forward two steps back. Why arent you actually fixing the shit wrong with the game that we care about like being blinded by every spell, or our spells canceling out mid channel, or EQ not dismounted.

As for the shields.. I am fine with the changes.

It makes some logical sense and from a gameplay balance reason it works.

Is it perfect no.. but it is better than seeing a sheevra dex mage turning 180 and being completely covered by a 2m tower shield that weighs more than the character hauling it with their 10 strength.

It also balances out the already tanky as hell oghmir running around in full oghmium plate and now packing a shield and effectively being unkillable by anyone with a melee weapon or ranged weapon. Meaning you need MORE mages to deal with the issue, thus leading to more people crying about mages being OP.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
The shield changes sound awesome and actually make me excited to go fight AI with a shield now. Things I was afraid of before due to shields not lowering Block damage.

I also am 100% for the armor weight mechanic (as a human who runs only in cloth with no AT, it affects me too). It makes a ton of practical sense.

Sounds like a great patch.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Games PvP going to be fucked up for the next couple of months. Thats how long it takes to recognize mistakes were made just like spirit scouting.

No PvPer is happy with these changes. Only people that never win in PvP needing to blame it on the game would be happy. They wat
As for the shields.. I am fine with the changes.

It makes some logical sense and from a gameplay balance reason it works.

Is it perfect no.. but it is better than seeing a sheevra dex mage turning 180 and being completely covered by a 2m tower shield that weighs more than the character hauling it with their 10 strength.

It also balances out the already tanky as hell oghmir running around in full oghmium plate and now packing a shield and effectively being unkillable by anyone with a melee weapon or ranged weapon. Meaning you need MORE mages to deal with the issue, thus leading to more people crying about mages being OP.

All you have to do is corrupt that oghmirs, I doubt you guys are even seeing people run full ogh as well. Most people only have bank sets if they even have it.

Being able to turn 180 then whip out a shield is part of the fun and part of what added some skillfull gameplay to mage. It made divers have to have bit more skill too. It was completely fine and very balanced.

Again all that the PvPers were asking for was penalties to only the tower shield which you would never block with.

For some reason Henrik thinks PvP mages run rugged garments which you might as well be naked running those things.

Yucko

Jan 2, 2021
I don't think most people have a problem with the subscription model. People have a problem with the 1 character slot per account. Here's the order of events so far.

1. Sell "Conflux" package for MO1 for $150 that included alpha access, and a copy of the game. As well as a lifetime subscription to MO1 which has been said to be shut down "soon"®.
2. Sell limited copies of the game to induce FOMO before game actually launches for $50.
3. Open the flood gates right before game launches and sell for $40.
4. Game Launches into a broken state for the first few weeks and if you left haven to play the game spend $40 dollars to play in Haven or wait in 24-48hr queue (Oh and you can't delete your character to remake and play in Haven, better just buy another copy)
5. Playerbase has dropped about 5k and is playable for you and your 2-3 accounts.
6. You get to a point where you've dropped houses on all accounts and have everything split so when the subscription comes you will pay for all of them 11-15 dollars per character. <---You are here
7. Release subscription
8. Playerbase heads straight back to MO1 numbers 350-550 concurrent. Maybe 600 with the help of the sweaters playing 3 accounts at once.
9. A year later allow multiple characters to be made on the same account.
10. The year is 2032, ships have been released, all that is left is 100 players; each running around in full ogh with a deathknight.

It's almost like we've seen this before.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't think most people have a problem with the subscription model. People have a problem with the 1 character slot per account. Here's the order of events so far.

1. Sell "Conflux" package for MO1 for $150 that included alpha access, and a copy of the game. As well as a lifetime subscription to MO1 which has been said to be shut down "soon"®.
2. Sell limited copies of the game to induce FOMO before game actually launches for $50.
3. Open the flood gates right before game launches and sell for $40.
4. Game Launches into a broken state for the first few weeks and if you left haven to play the game spend $40 dollars to play in Haven or wait in 24-48hr queue (Oh and you can't delete your character to remake and play in Haven, better just buy another copy)
5. Playerbase has dropped about 5k and is playable for you and your 2-3 accounts.
6. You get to a point where you've dropped houses on all accounts and have everything split so when the subscription comes you will pay for all of them 11-15 dollars per character. <---You are here
7. Release subscription
8. Playerbase heads straight back to MO1 numbers 350-550 concurrent. Maybe 600 with the help of the sweaters playing 3 accounts at once.
9. A year later allow multiple characters to be made on the same account.
10. The year is 2032, ships have been released, all that is left is 100 players; each running around in full ogh with a deathknight.

It's almost like we've seen this before.
I love the sub. I will be subbing multiple but the issue is that the game needs multiple characters to be fun for the majority of players. 15 bucks a month is a fair price but the real price is going to be at least 30 bucks a month up to 45-60 just to make the game fun for a lot of people.

They need to make it not 15 bucks per chara. Ill pay it but most wont be paying 60 bucks a month to have fun in this game. We are going to cascade in a lost of players.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
No PvPer is happy with these changes.
Honestly it seems like everybody who didn't play mage with a op shield on their back is happy with these changes.

This game constantly makes decisions that aren't fun in the name of realism, immersion, etc. So IDK why they were expected to keep broken shields which weren't fun or immersive for 99% of players.

Also the only people using shields besides mages (who never should have been running around with huge shields anyway), are spear users. 1h weapons blow and need to be buffed. So I cant say that pvp is going to be broken.

Rip spear shield users tho, hopefully they were rolling shitty IB and have the armor weight left lol.

Reactions: Najwalaylah