Twitch Stream August 11th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Twitch Stream August 11th 2022 Summary

New Horizons and Workflow

After the Necromancy Patch and following hotfixes, we are finally starting anew. The Necromancy patch was developed with an old system of workflow transferring into a new workflow setting. This had caused some issues and delays. With us switching over our systems, we have completed most of our transition stages. We are finalizing some of our plans for both Patch 1.0.5 and the future. It has been a slower few weeks as some of our team members took long overdue vacations. As they return, we will be accelerating our production. We have some team members working on foundational server and client code which will improve the stability of our game and eliminate multiple engine issues at once. We also have the art team working on both Unreal Engine 5 content and world map fixes. Once we have more updates, we will inform you.

Milestone and Subscriptions

As mentioned previously, we will not be turning on subscriptions until the game meets certain milestones of content, quality, and polish. Mortal Online 2 was always intended to be a subscription model to ensure constant production of content and to avoid money traps such as cosmetics or Pay-2-win options. We feel subscription model is the best option for our game. When we turn the free month and subscription, we will inform everyone.

New Player Experience and Early Game

We will be making efforts to enhance the early game experience for our new players. This includes both Haven and Early Myrland goals. We understand that Mortal Online 2 can be hard to adapt to for some, we do feel that many quit before they truly discover the greatness of Mortal Online 2. We are trying to give new players more reason to stay and discover the multiple aspects of the game. As mentioned in previous streams, we also intend to make Haven Free-2-Play in the future.

Colour Blind Modes and Reticle Adjustments

We have plans to give more accessibility options such as Color-Blind adjustments or being able to change reticle colors. We do not have an ETA currently.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Everyone hates me for making posts like this but... STOP ADDING STUFF TO HAVEN. IT'S FINE.

Make Myrland Livable! From Birth! Should be looking at totally reworking how you gain skill (should gain fast by doing for most things and top off slow,) you should be able to respec something you already unspecced, or buy a 'refresh' book for x amount of gold sink that reads for 24 hr regardless.

You DO NOT need to give people more enhanced instances to grind in order to improve new player content.

PLEASE.

Reactions: Xunila

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Everyone hates me for making posts like this but... STOP ADDING STUFF TO HAVEN. IT'S FINE.

Make Myrland Livable! From Birth! Should be looking at totally reworking how you gain skill (should gain fast by doing for most things and top off slow,) you should be able to respec something you already unspecced, or buy a 'refresh' book for x amount of gold sink that reads for 24 hr regardless.

You DO NOT need to give people more enhanced instances to grind in order to improve new player content.

PLEASE.
I wouldn't worry. From my understanding, its more focused on adding early goals past Haven. Haven may get some small additions or tutorials.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I wouldn't worry. From my understanding, its more focused on adding early goals past Haven. Haven may get some small additions or tutorials.

Cool, would love tutorials that include increased skill gains like mine x stack and crush it and it gives you like 60 lores or w/e in gran byproducts. I mean some people might be like NOO, otoh c'mon. Or you should be able to just pick a package like start me in Myr with the 'fighter package.' Should def reward people for skipping haven, but also offer people the chance to learn the finer points without getting stuck there.

Appreciate the response.

manure

May 7, 2022
Please, for Christs sake... can you PLEASE FIX THE SUICIDE MURDER COUNT EXPLOIT once for all ???

Its been what... five months ?

Also, any word on Thieving system ??

its taking too long...

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tzone

May 16, 2021
For the reticle can we please just get rid of the center circle and allow adjustments of the outer circle,

The lines for the circle are just too thick for me I would like to juet get rid of the center circle and use my third party overlay like play claw for the style of reticle I want.

Making the reticle customizable would go a long way. Or just allow us to turn off the center circle.

At least for magery for achery we would prob still need the ability switch it to a dot ingame. Just a 4 pixel dot would be the best thing ever for this game

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
That lynx.jpg doesn't look like a Lynx. Love the sabre-teeth, though.

fefmnAU.png

cat claw

And... retracted, or not...
when a cat's claws start touching the ground,
they're too darned long.​

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I hope to see an overall better performance like less in game freeze and better fps. Atm the only Place where I have good fps ( solid 60) it's the tindrem sewers 20/30 in all the rest of the world explored.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
ill be positive with positive results. That book looks like a moneygrab

haha. It's all baked into the joke :p

But yea, we'll see I guess re: MO changes. That's really the wackest part, dropping off people from haven into gankworld. You see a new guy, if the economy is working you should be trying to figure out how to make him AND you some money, not just farming him. I mean, diff playstyles, sure, but that should be a big option.

I REMM WHEN NUBS HAD VALUE.