Tune mages

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
no, i said make ECU not the go-to for damage dealing, instead focus on Necro and so on...

So other schools can be good, but Ecu must be bad? Why? What's your problem with Ecu?

You do realise Necro can move and cast spells and have godly pets? So let's just make them stronger, right....

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
So other schools can be good, but Ecu must be bad? Why? What's your problem with Ecu?

You do realise Necro can move and cast spells and have godly pets? So let's just make them stronger, right....
i have not said make Necro stronger... ECU is hitscan, long range, relative fast cast time, braindead... with 0 costs and risk involved.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
i have not said make Necro stronger... ECU is hitscan, long range, relative fast cast time, braindead... with 0 costs and risk involved.

Then I dont understand, you want all mages to drop ECU and all be Necros cause that's where the damage is?

ECU has range yes, it's attack speed is similar to an archer, but can't move. Braindead? If you cast the wrong spell when being aggrod or miss your spell, you are in trouble unless you have fighters in support. If a fighter misses a swing, he is still very okay.

Yes, in a 5 FF vs 4 FF and a Mage, the mage can swing the battle. But only if he knows what he is doing and reading the battle well. That takes skill/knowlegde/experience. But a mage alone? Chances are very grim for a mage. Can't even take on 3 wolves XD

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Then I dont understand, you want all mages to drop ECU and all be Necros cause that's where the damage is?

ECU has range yes, it's attack speed is similar to an archer, but can't move. Braindead? If you cast the wrong spell when being aggrod or miss your spell, you are in trouble unless you have fighters in support. If a fighter misses a swing, he is still very okay.

Yes, in a 5 FF vs 4 FF and a Mage, the mage can swing the battle. But only if he knows what he is doing and reading the battle well. That takes skill/knowlegde/experience. But a mage alone? Chances are very grim for a mage. Can't even take on 3 wolves XD
no point to discuss it more... there are is another thread where people talk about it.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
no point to discuss it more... there are is another thread where people talk about it.

dont try to echo, when you're called out for being wrong on saying outlandish things that never happen in game. it's just wrong how you're portraying it but you wont say that. we've seen it and its all bad portrayal or false equivalencies

mages UNKILLABLE in 1v1 XD what?

• Love
Reactions: SirVirtuo

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
dont try to echo, when you're called out for being wrong on saying outlandish things that never happen in game. it's just wrong how you're portraying it but you wont say that. we've seen it and its all bad portrayal or false equivalencies

mages UNKILLABLE in 1v1 XD what?
Obviously a forum troll. I can think of no other explanations. He just doesn't like that magic can penetrate armor. Just wants to keep mages weak, defenseless, and as free kills yo add to a killcount that nobody gives a shit about 😝

• Love
Reactions: AssassinOTL

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Obviously a forum troll. I can think of no other explanations. He just doesn't like that magic can penetrate armor. Just wants to keep mages weak, defenseless, and as free kills yo add to a killcount that nobody gives a shit about 😝
Well assassin last time I was in Voip with him said he only trolls the forums and doesnt mean anything he says here. Another time he finally agreed that mages were not weak and actually good but 5 mins latter when to discord to cry/lie about mages being weak after just admitting they werent to us.

Hes a snake, who lies constantly from all my experiences with him.

And you calling people trolls who are engaged in good faith discussion just shows you gave up on trying argue you point and moved on to discrediting people instead of their positions on the discussion.

And for which ever person said you just need to adapt... thats what they said about MO1 a very trash game that didnt do well at all. You can have diversity and balance, no excuse for imbalance. Many games have balance with diversity and asymmetrical classes.
People arent going to reup their sub for a unbalanced game, It probably the biggest for looming factor of this game potential failure after launch when people realize how to play the game.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I'll tell you what it really is here SirVirtuo, they will say anything and stoop to any level because they think they have cornered the market on the Oghmium market because they live in GK, and they would be the KINGS of the game if that armor goes uncontested, they plan to crutch on it and are against everything else and that's why their only counter to any argument about good changes are "FREE DAMAGE" "THROUGH ARMOR" so with that in light you can ignore the troll posts they put up on here hoping they can gear crutch with ogh not the "skill" of the game, in that forum thread i think some have post counts of like 12.000 its outrageous and then they go into why it's bad because Oghmium. and that all the "good fighters" will leave and then we will play with the fighters that fight with BONE 🤣 like thier childish motives shine through their bad "good faith discussions" like.... Nerf Ecu damage by 50%

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
ECU is HITSCAN from 1km away... dont look at what "most" people do in the beta, look whats possible. the few low skilled support PvE mages with low-end hardware and no nuts are the worst standard ever to balance the game around.

i dont know what to say but just delete every ECU dmg spell and introduce the rest of the mage schools with actual skill expression involved and not i.e. 4 flamestrikes deleting every warrior in oghmium armor with one call and no costs or risk involved... next target pls because stamina is still full.

show me 4 melee fighters in 6k gear (with bows or not) picking out any target they want in split seconds at a ridiculous long RANGE...

because this sounds too drastic for the people: just reduce the dmg by half to make ECU more a support magic school and the rest of the dmg dealing magic schools not redundant and make mage play great and fun again in the future, thx.

How the whiners got to me. Whiners on the part of magicians and whiners on the part of foot fighters. That those that others just got already with their whining. Fighter: They kill me with 3-4 FS. LOL if you don't want it, increase the PSY score. No, they don't do that, they whine, because they want to do good damage and have same speed on foot and not suffer from fatmages. Magician: increase the damage, lower the speed of the caste, give the opportunity to caste on the run, etc. LOL, just think you have only 2 schools of magic, and if you look at how some magicians play, then it's almost impossible to kill a walking magician Alvarin if you yourself are not an Alvarin or a horseman.
Enough of the stupid moans and all the heresy that you breed with each topic. I'm sick of reading this.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
How the whiners got to me. Whiners on the part of magicians and whiners on the part of foot fighters. That those that others just got already with their whining. Fighter: They kill me with 3-4 FS. LOL if you don't want it, increase the PSY score. No, they don't do that, they whine, because they want to do good damage and have same speed on foot and not suffer from fatmages. Magician: increase the damage, lower the speed of the caste, give the opportunity to caste on the run, etc. LOL, just think you have only 2 schools of magic, and if you look at how some magicians play, then it's almost impossible to kill a walking magician Alvarin if you yourself are not an Alvarin or a horseman.
Enough of the stupid moans and all the heresy that you breed with each topic. I'm sick of reading this.
i dont even understand you and it seems you dont understand other postings too due to language barrier paired with smth more.

Reactions: SirVirtuo and Tzone

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
Stupid think. You need reagents, you need mana, you need time to precast, and hitscan it's not OP. You can trow spell in front of you in target on 1meter range, but hitscan don't see you target and you lost you mana and don't damge the target. And remeber, range 20-25m it's midle range. FF run this range very very fast. You can precats one, max 2 spell on this range, but it's not a fact that you can still hit the target with this fucking hitscan.
I prefer real projectile spell, from real long distant range, some like longbow range, or more, but Ecu - hitscan and if you whant other magic need waiting. Theme closed.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Stupid think. You need reagents, you need mana, you need time to precast, and hitscan it's not OP. You can trow spell in front of you in target on 1meter range, but hitscan don't see you target and you lost you mana and don't damge the target. And remeber, range 20-25m it's midle range. FF run this range very very fast. You can precats one, max 2 spell on this range, but it's not a fact that you can still hit the target with this fucking hitscan.
I prefer real projectile spell, from real long distant range, some like longbow range, or more, but Ecu - hitscan and if you whant other magic need waiting. Theme closed.
you outburst him until he tries to close the gap and runs zig-zag which deletes most of his stamina, he will need even more stamina to beat your shield+WS dagger if you are stupid enough to let him close.
when he comes too close you start to run until you peeled him like a banana on your dex mage with faster stamina regeneration.

rinse and repeat, if he pulls a bow, spin and show your big shield on your back and cast faster spells. when he runs away, either follow him with corrupt or take the time to regen mana by putting off torso and pants in 1 second. dont forgett to lower you ingame sensitivity to 10-20%, most mage pickers dont hit because they play with high sens+low FPS+low aim or have the supporter mindset.

Reactions: Tzone

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
you outburst him until he tries to close the gap and runs zig-zag which deletes most of his stamina, he will need even more stamina to beat your shield+WS dagger if you are stupid enough to let him close.
when he comes too close you start to run until you peeled him like a banana on your dex mage with faster stamina regeneration.

rinse and repeat, if he pulls a bow, spin and show your big shield on your back and cast faster spells. when he runs away, either follow him with corrupt or take the time to regen mana by putting off torso and pants in 1 second. dont forgett to lower you ingame sensitivity to 10-20%, most mage pickers dont hit because they play with high sens+low FPS+low aim or have the supporter mindset.
The shield doesn't cover you 100%. You can hit the head with an arm, a leg, and if you consider that the magician is soft, then no more than 3-5 shots are needed there. Everything is in your hands, fighter. You're suggesting that magicians introduce projectile instead of hitscan. So show what kind of god you are in this case on the mage.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
The shield doesn't cover you 100%. You can hit the head with an arm, a leg, and if you consider that the magician is soft, then no more than 3-5 shots are needed there. Everything is in your hands, fighter. You're suggesting that magicians introduce projectile instead of hitscan. So show what kind of god you are in this case on the mag.
big LOL, you dont even have time to take or pull your bow + arrow travel time before he finished pre casting a spells and you act like the mage stands there forever and does not bow down and spins his back after every lesser heal and outburst and you have all time in the world to go for pixel aimed shots while he can easily run away in case hes bad and your arrows were too lucky. in the meantime you deplete all your stamina.

your MMO-shooter does not even work this is how broken it is.
try to find more walkarounds for a broken game. i bet its superb game design when you force everyone onto mounts and range combat and meta race builds and its not even working in the end.
also: bows are anyway too strong in general, you act like the game is made for FPS gamers when most people want to enjoy foot fighting. you are part of the problem when you want to keep hitscan, long range magic while standing still the go-to mage dmg build when people complain mage play is flat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Well assassin last time I was in Voip with him said he only trolls the forums and doesnt mean anything he says here. Another time he finally agreed that mages were not weak and actually good but 5 mins latter when to discord to cry/lie about mages being weak after just admitting they werent to us.

Hes a snake, who lies constantly from all my experiences with him.

And you calling people trolls who are engaged in good faith discussion just shows you gave up on trying argue you point and moved on to discrediting people instead of their positions on the discussion.

And for which ever person said you just need to adapt... thats what they said about MO1 a very trash game that didnt do well at all. You can have diversity and balance, no excuse for imbalance. Many games have balance with diversity and asymmetrical classes.
People arent going to reup their sub for a unbalanced game, It probably the biggest for looming factor of this game potential failure after launch when people realize how to play the game.
lol i dont even read their postings, anyway interesting insights.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I'll tell you what it really is here SirVirtuo, they will say anything and stoop to any level because they think they have cornered the market on the Oghmium market because they live in GK, and they would be the KINGS of the game if that armor goes uncontested, they plan to crutch on it and are against everything else and that's why their only counter to any argument about good changes are "FREE DAMAGE" "THROUGH ARMOR" so with that in light you can ignore the troll posts they put up on here hoping they can gear crutch with ogh not the "skill" of the game, in that forum thread i think some have post counts of like 12.000 its outrageous and then they go into why it's bad because Oghmium. and that all the "good fighters" will leave and then we will play with the fighters that fight with BONE 🤣 like thier childish motives shine through their bad "good faith discussions" like.... Nerf Ecu damage by 50%
You're actually a psychopath for steering that far off of topic. Anyways take your little tinfoil hat and move over to the padded room. Next

• Haha
Reactions: Bernfred and Tzone

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
The thing I never understand is people play MO, they play most of the 'builds', or try, they have vast experience, but they lack the same amount of sense that the devs do, just in a different way.

Mounted combat/archery is AMAZING. It's an MMO with mounts, now with differing speeds cuz of armor. The cheese people did cuz they couldn't get clean hits off w/ combat or w/e was wack. MC/MA has NOT been in a good place, either, I agree with that, but the idea of mounted combat, never seen it done as well in a pvp mmo (altho, I haven't played so many.) Games without mounted combat are wack, imagine riding beside someone and bumping into them on your horse like GET OFF... GET OFF AND FIGHT ME. lol. The game would change into something where two horses would like run into the person they want to gank and somehow block them like ^ and then have foot fighters come in and finish. Nooo.

If your main problem w/ magi is spike dmg, would it be so bad if they made it so that each person has a cool down of resist as long as the normal cool down is, per mage, so they could still output dmg, they could still spike w/ diff spells, but they couldn't just load up and massive spike. TRUE DAMAGE is extremely hard to balance. I think the best suggestion was have a hard look at combat spells for magi. I do think the game would be interesting with magi becoming healers (give them more points tho, maybe at least get rid of mental ____, the one that makes spells more potent) and debuffers/corruptors. Then let them take a wep if they wish to do some dmg/farm pve solo.

You are wiling out tho if you think that the game would be awesome if they removed everything but foot fighters ahaha.

Tzone said he uses a shield on his back, which doesn't give armor wt, which gives equip hits. So basically, in the same way as melee spin macro, dudes are playing in the most cheesy way possible (cuz full loot, I guess, or ego?) It would be better to fix the cheese. A shield on your back protecting you might be one of the most realistic things SV has done, and it's PROBABLY NOT EVEN SOMETHING THEY INTENDED.

I would say look @ that, look at parries, look at elf speed. High dex will still be worth, plus elf gifts. Just get rid of the two % boosts and the speed should level out LIKE THAT. That and jumping w/ wep out is suspect, but otoh... kinda cool. Not sure how I feel about that balance wise.

Check this out, I am going to break it down for yall. WHEN YOU ADD THINGS IN THE GAME THAT YOU COULD NOT DO BEFORE (like jumping with your wep out), IT CAN GRAVELY AFFECT BALANCE. In some ways, adding +10 dmg to something does not compare to adding in something completely different. Same w/ true damage. There are way more spells than there used to be. FS FULM TL LIT(I think?) EQ... uhh was there a fireball? Perhaps magi have too many dmg spells as well. I mean if you look at the spells I listed, that's a lot of dmg spells. There is no elemental resist. Like doods who have resist to very hot temps or whatever do not get an extra buff v flame dmg haha. Now, they added in like 3 or 4 more spells that do dmg. Magi are cool, to me, I dislike POTS. Once we get into the real game, dudes are gonna realize how wack pots are again.

My sugg: 2 many mage dmg spells, fix, cooldown per person (in relation to the spell's cool down) on spell hit (to prevent raw spiking because more magi = spike regardless, no matter what you tune the dmg as), really need a mounted casting and xtra fizzle while riding w/o. All the rest gotta take 100 control and 100 spec.

Mc is really cool, tho, mane. This lancing stuff is luls. MC problems are well documented. I would really say that part of the game can stay as it is while the rest is fixed... cept maybe a little more lance dmg. hehhhhhh. Just joking.

Dudes use your imagination, knowing what you know about the game, to play out more complex scenarios. Do most people not have that ability? My brain is fukt. Back when I was really into MO1 I'd be laying in bed and combat scenarios would start playing in my head, and I'm not even a dude who ONLY pvps like you guys. :eek:
Bro, did you really write this whole thing to say its amazing? It's amazing having 4x the HP pool and 3x the stam pool. Plus double the damage reduction than the average footy. That's not even counting the double stack armor. You're right MOUNTED COMBAT IS POGGG CHAMPPPP. CANT DIEEEE. NEXT

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Mages counter FF.
FF counters archers.
Archers counter mages.

4 mages can 1-shot a FF.
4 FF can 1-shot a mage.

But you want it so that a FF can fight 4 mages? Will you also make it so that 1 mage can fight 4 FF?
You got 4 shot by a bunch of random meduli newbs. Please, don't feel free to state your opinion if your brain cannot comprehend how to parry in a simple of 4 directions. NEXT