Tune mages

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
It's pretty dumb they're a ticking time bomb. If you give them any space 4 spells kill you. Deadman had this idea of reducing everything by x amount.

Reducing the cast time, damage and mana use for each spell. Rewarding high tier mages like gotja and bird. Introduce more element of skill into it instead of 4 spell death. In theory you still die in the same amount of time, but it makes it a tad more skillful. Example 50% less mana, 50% less cast time and 50% less damage. Looking for serious feedback only and discussions.

Just make the game less zerg friendly please. Also, delete combat on mounts it's booty.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I would enjoy mage much more if they did it. It would also increase the skill ceiling as well.
You can do more things with the higher APM and you would get double the air time from jump casting.

They will listen to bad players saying buff mages but not people who are actually doing well in PvP.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
It's pretty dumb they're a ticking time bomb. If you give them any space 4 spells kill you. Deadman had this idea of reducing everything by x amount.

Reducing the cast time, damage and mana use for each spell. Rewarding high tier mages like gotja and bird. Introduce more element of skill into it instead of 4 spell death. In theory you still die in the same amount of time, but it makes it a tad more skillful. Example 50% less mana, 50% less cast time and 50% less damage. Looking for serious feedback only and discussions.

Just make the game less zerg friendly please. Also, delete combat on mounts it's booty.
My thusar get almost 2 shottet from 138 int mages. 3 spells iam dead 100%

Piet

May 28, 2020
Although I agree remove mounted cause it's just not very skillful group combat mages aren't that bad. Did they need buffed? no. Do they need nerfed? no. Ecumenical is fine and no actual group worth their salt is complaining about dieing to mages especially since not many mages are playing. Mages are helpful support in a group fight but they aren't going to be the heavy damage dealers. Mounted mages are annoying but that's also heavily based on no animation to dismount.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
ECU is HITSCAN from 1km away... dont look at what "most" people do in the beta, look whats possible. the few low skilled support PvE mages with low-end hardware and no nuts are the worst standard ever to balance the game around.

i dont know what to say but just delete every ECU dmg spell and introduce the rest of the mage schools with actual skill expression involved and not i.e. 4 flamestrikes deleting every warrior in oghmium armor with one call and no costs or risk involved... next target pls because stamina is still full.

show me 4 melee fighters in 6k gear (with bows or not) picking out any target they want in split seconds at a ridiculous long RANGE...

because this sounds too drastic for the people: just reduce the dmg by half to make ECU more a support magic school and the rest of the dmg dealing magic schools not redundant and make mage play great and fun again in the future, thx.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
My thusar get almost 2 shottet from 138 int mages. 3 spells iam dead 100%
That's probably because the game isnt balanced. They want to "buff" these mages by giving them more mana = more spells. The game design is utterly disgusting and they listen to low end trash players.

Reactions: Bonii

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk if mages are really fixable without a total rework. The easiest improvement would be to add magic armor and lower base spells. That way mages have to risk more instead of riding around naked with 1g of regeants. Also yeah if you hate mages a lot just play a psych warrior

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Although I agree remove mounted cause it's just not very skillful group combat mages aren't that bad. Did they need buffed? no. Do they need nerfed? no. Ecumenical is fine and no actual group worth their salt is complaining about dieing to mages especially since not many mages are playing. Mages are helpful support in a group fight but they aren't going to be the heavy damage dealers. Mounted mages are annoying but that's also heavily based on no animation to dismount.
Okay first of all all mounted combat is busted lol. OH Wahh they barely nerfed my fat mage. Guess what you get a ferrari thats 4x faster any toon in the game, and its called a horse. I'd like only open minded people here thanks for your time. Seems you've wasted the good time of the people with opinion.

A lot of people in this game think they know what they want. Viknus wanted forced wardecs lul. Yet, he can't handle them himself. Go ahead and hop on let me mage you down rofl. Silly MO vets huh

Last edited:

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Idk if mages are really fixable without a total rework. The easiest improvement would be to add magic armor and lower base spells. That way mages have to risk more instead of riding around naked with 1g of regeants. Also yeah if you hate mages a lot just play a psych warrior
Problem is psy fighters still get 4 shot unless you're rolling resist rolls.

Reactions: Bonii and Tzone

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
ECU is HITSCAN from 1km away... dont look at what "most" people do in the beta, look whats possible. the few low skilled support PvE mages with low-end hardware and no nuts are the worst standard ever to balance the game around.

i dont know what to say but just delete every ECU dmg spell and introduce the rest of the mage schools with actual skill expression involved and not i.e. 4 flamestrikes deleting every warrior in oghmium armor with one call and no costs or risk involved... next target pls because stamina is still full.

show me 4 melee fighters in 6k gear (with bows or not) picking out any target they want in split seconds at a ridiculous long RANGE...

because this sounds too drastic for the people: just reduce the dmg by half to make ECU more a support magic school and the rest of the dmg dealing magic schools not redundant and make mage play great and fun again in the future, thx.
lol, if only certain people would be okay with this i would be too. 4 regs to take oghmium away imagine.

I hear people say just play mounted, or play psy fighter everyday. I guess they're drinking martini's on their horses and not here to agree with this.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
If you get 3 shot by a mage, that's roughly 9 seconds of the mage just standing around casting. Wtf did you do to counter it? Also, hitscan is garbage (only works like 80% of time if server allows) shit, and most damage spells should be projectile based like archery. Allowing a low damage spell to be cast while moving wouldn't be OP, i mean look at archery. Yes , LOW damage! Like 15-20.

Reactions: Kynyante

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you get 3 shot by a mage, that's roughly 9 seconds of the mage just standing around casting. Wtf did you do to counter it? Also, hitscan is garbage (only works like 80% of time if server allows) shit, and most damage spells should be projectile based like archery. Allowing a low damage spell to be cast while moving wouldn't be OP, i mean look at archery. Yes , LOW damage! Like 15-20.
Jump casting, equipment blocking which shield on back, using terrain, and just out running the melee fighter untill you have distance to cast free.

I only have issues with the sell not landing when it should 1 out of 50 spells. Its a not issue if you didnt hit because of hit reg.

Outburst does archery damage now but has a faster spin up. You can also move around and peek corners to cast it vs archery where you cant move with the bow charging with out using up so much stamina. If you can see a players name you can hit them with outburst with out having to predict their movement because the arrow is slow, with out having to aim based on their distance to lob the arrow because of drop, and that you cant move with out major stam loss which limits your aim. Also you cant hold a charged bow like you can at outburst to run around with.

Its like comparing something that has a moderate skill floor and mediocre damage once armor is in the equation vs something that is very low skill floor and ignores armor.

I was a archer main too and pretty OK at it. Now I main mage because its just so much better then archery and with out any effort.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Jump casting, equipment blocking which shield on back, using terrain, and just out running the melee fighter untill you have distance to cast free.

I only have issues with the sell not landing when it should 1 out of 50 spells. Its a not issue if you didnt hit because of hit reg.

Outburst does archery damage now but has a faster spin up. You can also move around and peek corners to cast it vs archery where you cant move with the bow charging with out using up so much stamina. If you can see a players name you can hit them with outburst with out having to predict their movement because the arrow is slow, with out having to aim based on their distance to lob the arrow because of drop, and that you cant move with out major stam loss which limits your aim. Also you cant hold a charged bow like you can at outburst to run around with.

Its like comparing something that has a moderate skill floor and mediocre damage once armor is in the equation vs something that is very low skill floor and ignores armor.

I was a archer main too and pretty OK at it. Now I main mage because its just so much better then archery and with out any effort.

Eh I've been killed by mounted archers way more than mounted mages. It's pretty easy to get out of a mounted mages line of sight since they can't turn while casting. Granted I also play a mage so magic damage only tickles me

Reactions: SirVirtuo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
For sure got to say, that outburst at least needs to be reverted. Its so disgusting. Its like the easiest to use and longest ecu skill in the game and it hits for 30s. Thats 1/6th a players health. People just using outburst left and right now. If they see you, you will just be garenteed to lose health.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
For sure got to say, that outburst at least needs to be reverted. Its so disgusting. Its like the easiest to use and longest ecu skill in the game and it hits for 30s. Thats 1/6th a players health. People just using outburst left and right now. If they see you, you will just be garenteed to lose health.
TBH there shouldnt even be long range hit scan spells in the game. When ppl told Henrik he should remake fireball into an actual projectile spell, everyone was like eCu iS hItScAn OnLy and oThEr sChOoL WiLl hAvE pRoJeCtiLeS, but whos gonna use projectile spells when you can hit 30s with a hitscan ez mode spell from any range?

• Haha
Reactions: Kynyante and cerqo