translation

Sebastian Persson

Lead Programmer
Staff member
May 27, 2020
Sweden
We are .. still looking into what languages to support. It's.. tricky
Best case scenario we can have the community help out or something as a lot of this stuff is VERY difficult for outsourced translators to understand.

Reactions: Xunila

flavinho

May 29, 2020
lisbon
We are .. still looking into what languages to support. It's.. tricky
Best case scenario we can have the community help out or something as a lot of this stuff is VERY difficult for outsourced translators to understand.
I understand ! but to many portuguese who don't play because they don't understand english ! ?

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I am 100% for any translations that can be handled properly. My partner is multilingual and it has led me to be interested in other languages as well, having the option to immerse myself could be very cool.

Reactions: flavinho

flavinho

May 29, 2020
lisbon
I am 100% for any translations that can be handled properly. My partner is multilingual and it has led me to be interested in other languages as well, having the option to immerse myself could be very cool.
I am of the same opinion! as i said earlier, i can help with the portuguese translation

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I do worry, though. As much as I want the world to have multilingual support and to be accessible, with the Help Chat language being english, as well as the pushed main language being english, I wonder if it could divide communities further?

Chalice

May 28, 2020
I wouldn't advise outsourcing the help from the community, a properly trained translator is difficult to replace. But if you do end up doing so, I am fluent in Spanish and French and would happily help.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I wouldn't advise outsourcing the help from the community, a properly trained translator is difficult to replace. But if you do end up doing so, I am fluent in Spanish and French and would happily help.
the Tarkov guys make it that way and it works perfect the community do it. And one guy translating is not so good one guy make more mistake in a final product and 5-10 people looping over it with more time an dedication, and the commmnuity know the context of translation the paid guy dont/cant know.

Reactions: Vakirauta

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Could be done with help from the community I guess, but I do remember a strong Brazilian crew playing MO for years.
But I guess some are like the French regarding English, pride is a hinderance apparantly not easily overcome.

flavinho

May 29, 2020
lisbon
it's a new game! we are in 2020! virtually all games come with subtitles PT / BR. MO is a game with a lot of adventure and discovery! I think they should really think about translating to PT / BR! Among others! this is an asset for the community! I fully believe that MO would have many more fans! and not just veterans ??

Reactions: ThaBadMan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
it's a new game! we are in 2020! virtually all games come with subtitles PT / BR. MO is a game with a lot of adventure and discovery! I think they should really think about translating to PT / BR! Among others! this is an asset for the community! I fully believe that MO would have many more fans! and not just veterans ??
For sure, nothings better than to broaden out through language. Just had to poke since we had a strong good numbered Porto/Brazilian crew in MO for years, those who love the type of game MO is will come no matter what. But your right that many more might choose it if its in their local language.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Atleast MO won't get/will get less bad reviews on steam because of "DUUH, NO CHINESE/FRENCH/RUSSIAN/POLISH/... LANGUAGE, 1/10" if there will be more to choose. Many games suffered on reviews there because of that stupid reason.
You can count me in as a volunteer to help with some translations to Polish if it's planned and if there will be system like Escape from Tarkov guys did. I'll do my best.

Last edited:

frikiman77

May 31, 2020
I agree, for example my community of players is more than 2000 Spanish-speaking people, who play about 10 to MO1 because most prefer to play in Spanish, while more languages it is true that the amount of public will grow exponentially and more With the flood of users in the world of video games due to the covid-19 pandemic, I do not understand programming, but I am quite good at English-Spanish, I would have no problem helping

flavinho

May 29, 2020
lisbon
I agree, for example my community of players is more than 2000 Spanish-speaking people, who play about 10 to MO1 because most prefer to play in Spanish, while more languages it is true that the amount of public will grow exponentially and more With the flood of users in the world of video games due to the covid-19 pandemic, I do not understand programming, but I am quite good at English-Spanish, I would have no problem helping
obrigado amigo ???