Tradesmen, Merchants, and Contractors.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
With all due respect, you're wrong.
Mercenaries are extremely expensive, and keeping a full army of mercenaries (which I did twice) is incredibly expensive, unless you hire street junk, or unskilled warriors. I was lucky enough to be able to hire some of the best assassins and mercenaries in this game at my service and the prices were not affordable for almost anyone.
Just keeping an entire army operating, which participated in sieges and others, cost me thousands of golds a day.
It's not just the pay. They are weapons, horses, catapults, ammunition, diverse equipment. Of everything.
It is within the reach of very few people to maintain a mercenary contingent, believe me.
I only met about 5-6 players capable of holding mercenaries.
Although yes, perhaps it is possible to keep a small operation for a while.
I am eager to see how mercenary companies develop in MO2, I have always had an interest in private security, although I could not develop my plan in MO1, since there was little population.

And I hate low prices! Hahaha.

For the rest I will assist with interest in the development of your plans, all ideas and projects are welcome.

We shall see as time goes on!! Remember, I'm a crafter and fairly knowledgeable on MO1. Let's see... calling to mercs looking through this post.
Would you take steel sets(or mage set) w/ weapons and mounts in exchange for payment?

Once again main post moved to feedback and suggestions, its not regulated as much as monitored for noobs to know what they need to even make deals with veterans on a "fair" level. Doesnt mean you cant sell high, although i dont know about buying much cuase I only sell when in need of gold... which is rare, very rare. Or when it comes to defending, I'll pay out in gear, weapons, mounts, pots, and all trade is welcome.

End all goal, if the perception is a unified group, not under one guild. Then I'll be happy to assist, eventhough the real goal is for everyone to be on their own. While guilds and solo players can trade and mingle with some sense of "safety " from outsiders.... well... no one is safe, it's still gunna be dangerous. But could be fun if leaders can get along and agree to dispute the issues they have in waged war. Instead of ganking over a small dispute, creating a whole new issue that could have been solved with a fun fair 3v3(or how ever many).

Ehh who knows, I'm just excited to rebuild a factory. ?

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
We shall see as time goes on!! Remember, I'm a crafter and fairly knowledgeable on MO1. Let's see... calling to mercs looking through this post.
Would you take steel sets(or mage set) w/ weapons and mounts in exchange for payment?

Once again main post moved to feedback and suggestions, its not regulated as much as monitored for noobs to know what they need to even make deals with veterans on a "fair" level. Doesnt mean you cant sell high, although i dont know about buying much cuase I only sell when in need of gold... which is rare, very rare. Or when it comes to defending, I'll pay out in gear, weapons, mounts, pots, and all trade is welcome.

End all goal, if the perception is a unified group, not under one guild. Then I'll be happy to assist, eventhough the real goal is for everyone to be on their own. While guilds and solo players can trade and mingle with some sense of "safety " from outsiders.... well... no one is safe, it's still gunna be dangerous. But could be fun if leaders can get along and agree to dispute the issues they have in waged war. Instead of ganking over a small dispute, creating a whole new issue that could have been solved with a fun fair 3v3(or how ever many).

Ehh who knows, I'm just excited to rebuild a factory. ?

It is not possible for the historical tribal leaders of this community to get along. There are old hatreds and many grudges, old wars and old rivalries.
On the other hand, the most important historical players, who led the wars and the most important moments in Myrland's history, left long ago. I don't know if any of them will return.
It is an enigma that will occur in MO2. Everything is a great unknown.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Greedy people exist, tyrants exist, I don't like regulations...you can't make people set a fixed price for a stack of steel agreed worlwide, myrland is a capitalist utopia, don't try to ruin it trying to make it some frufru regulated utopia, don't take me wrong, i would support the idea of helping people and being fair to people, just stop the "we need to regulate merc stuff" it ain't going to happen.....that just ruin the point of having and battling for resources to have an advantage to begin with....

Please by all means. I hope there are people who want to challenge and cause problems. Just knowing you have a merc guild or group of good fighters you can easily talk with really helps. Evening out the battle field whenever your battles need assistance. Giving the idea that not all mercs are red or blue. They fall across the board as people you'll be able to make use of. At whatever their cost is of course.

Honestly, war times have been my greatest memories of MO1. I loved my MC, MA, Fat Mage, Dex fighter, even my Mauler.. yes I used mauls at one point ( before patches messed it up ). So I love to fight as much as the next guy. Personally would just like to pay a person or guild for protection / help once in awhile. Or at least give others this opportunity.

The way I'm looking at it. Building bridges sooner than later. Not trying to burn them before the foundation is set.. Like ES and them threatening people already Lol.. I dont wanna burn ES bridge... I miss my homies, doesnt mean I wanna be apart of the mercs, just most so future allies. Unless my plans change, cause that happens a lot.

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
Please by all means. I hope there are people who want to challenge and cause problems. Just knowing you have a merc guild or group of good fighters you can easily talk with really helps. Evening out the battle field whenever your battles need assistance. Giving the idea that not all mercs are red or blue. They fall across the board as people you'll be able to make use of. At whatever their cost is of course.

Honestly, war times have been my greatest memories of MO1. I loved my MC, MA, Fat Mage, Dex fighter, even my Mauler.. yes I used mauls at one point ( before patches messed it up ). So I love to fight as much as the next guy. Personally would just like to pay a person or guild for protection / help once in awhile. Or at least give others this opportunity.

The way I'm looking at it. Building bridges sooner than later. Not trying to burn them before the foundation is set.. Like ES and them threatening people already Lol.. I dont wanna burn ES bridge... I miss my homies, doesnt mean I wanna be apart of the mercs, just most so future allies. Unless my plans change, cause that happens a lot.

I still don't see where is or where may be a foundation, the world is chaos and if you try to set order on it, will end up twisting into chaos anyway....alliances, prices, trade, all should happen just organically, imo

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I still don't see where is or where may be a foundation, the world is chaos and if you try to set order on it, will end up twisting into chaos anyway....alliances, prices, trade, all should happen just organically, imo

As it should.. not repeating what was said before.... if you've played long enough, ICH was very similar. Same with paying mercs. Some had a set system of pricing they had. So for me, if anyone paid me to go to battle with them. Cost 100g, full steel armor and weapon. Armor must be given before battles and the rest of the payment once contract has been completed. I never changed that pricing and always seemed to be in battles.

This was ment to be a way for people to work together regardless of guild associations. Bringing people together with some security. Ofc this isnt full proof, although I have connected to some old guilds and friends and they are willing to help after being a part of the general discussion of how it runs.

So for those who dislike the idea, that's all fine here. Just remember not everyone will wanna help out but.. All who want to provide help, support the community and bring light to MO2 insted of darkness, will be welcomed. Those who prefer to destroy this economy (or make it hard on others consistantly) by not working together will always have enemies.

All being said. Please enjoy MO2 as it should be!! You know... trading... raiding.... making friends or enemies... contracting.... bartering of all kinds.
This is just a way to go about it with the idea of working together and not agenst eachother (doesnt mean battles and wars wont happen). Sense lots of guilds and groups will be around I'm sure enough troubles will come for everyone. Just taking the first step to gather good people for great adventures to come.

Also wanted to point out, the idea is for this group to provide fun in the game unrelated to what SV is doing. Our main goal is to have this open to everyone so lots can enjoy our events and rewards. It's not gunna be for everyone we know this. We are also okay with it. ;D

Reactions: Ibarruri

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
So basically. we should form the MO equivalent of a UN. I'm down for that. A coalition of guilds telling smaller guilds how much they can sell their stuff for, collect taxes, and force people that don't like each other to live with each other.

Let's also require industry licenses (license to sell steel, license to transport goods long distance with intent to sell) which has dues at the end of each week. We'll make a killing oppression all the noobs!

SHHHHHH!! Don't give away all the secrets of highly successful community. We all know there's higher up that's dictate the lower ends! ? ?

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I am so looking forward to robbing and maiming all you warmongering mechants. Create whatever organisations you like, hold all the meetings and speeches you want. There will always be road pricing in mortal.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I am so looking forward to robbing and maiming all you warmongering mechants. Create whatever organisations you like, hold all the meetings and speeches you want. There will always be road pricing in mortal.

Whether you like to admit it or not, my respected and admired old enemy, we are all part of a great chain, designed by the god Soldeus.
In that chain each one plays a role. I always believed that yours was to fight for the supremacy of the Tindremic race and avoid the destruction of the Ethnic cohesion of the Tindremic people, but if you have now decided that you will give your life to raiding trade caravans, that is fine with me. Everyone must be free to do what they want. I have to keep doing my job.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This is why I'm strongly considering us being a AntiRPK Mercenary guild this time around. It just seems like it will be far more interesting and rewarding in MO2 than killing everything we see. Not sure why I'm getting that vibe...

I suppose it just depends on how things go. Like others are saying...you just have to let it all organically become what its going to be.

Shit maybe even just terrorizing everything but our home region and going to war with every other empire. Its hard to decide...MO2 is def going to be another beast.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This is why I'm strongly considering us being a AntiRPK Mercenary guild this time around. It just seems like it will be far more interesting and rewarding in MO2 than killing everything we see. Not sure why I'm getting that vibe...

I suppose it just depends on how things go. Like others are saying...you just have to let it all organically become what its going to be.

Shit maybe even just terrorizing everything but our home region and going to war with every other empire. Its hard to decide...MO2 is def going to be another beast.
I have good feeling about the new flagging system so hopefully many have your view and we have a good population of anti PK players/guilds around.