Tradesmen, Merchants, and Contractors.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
To build a world of fair trade! Giving all a chance to survive! Only at the required costs. Keeping our world in a semi balance. Bringing a market to everyone and no one. Allowing knowledge to be power, strength in skill not numbers, and no one ruling King.

As our community grows and the world expands. Some see a world of blood and battles, others see as mystical and mysterious adventures, as some even want a bearing world of trades and roles. As a result of long term game play and exciting exchanges. We have another long road ahead to build this community right.

I propose a group of guild leaders, politicians, tradesmen, mercenaries and contractors to come together. Laying down some fair yet busy ideas and guidelines to push our economy together while battling for the title of top guild, best craftsmanship, social implementations pushes, as well as sub events and rewards.

Together we can push MO2 to be what MO1 failed at. The communities backing of players. As a hardcore sandbox, we have all the control. We the players make choices to destroy, provide, and support what we all have come to love in some way.

Myself, as a tradesman and a guide of services. Now reaching a point of trust with many. Wanting to protect the game internally with a multitude guilds (weather the guilds like eachother or not) and players uniting to keep the game alive. Being fair, yet ruthless.

Should we attempt this?! I'll be happy to add a full detailed post about the United Guilds and Trades. Give me some thoughts!!

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
All ideas are welcome in my opinion. All discussions are useful and contribute something.
However, I believe that the economy should not and cannot be regulated.
I firmly believe in market freedom. There should be no limits of any kind in business systems, financial balances or contracting systems.
There should also be no fees, taxes, or any regulatory entity that fully controls the economy. I believe that the economic tradition that ICH left in Myrland after years of work is a demonstration of the success of private initiative.
Miner companies, weapons industries, potions, banking schemes, loans, bank deposits, transfers, all this was carried out by the private initiative that we represented, without any type of regulation or control mechanism.

I don't know if I understood what you were saying correctly. I just wanted to put on record my opinion on financial management, as director of a bank in Myrland.

Does your plan include any structure to regulate the economy and the labor, production and tax systems?

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
All ideas are welcome in my opinion. All discussions are useful and contribute something.
However, I believe that the economy should not and cannot be regulated.
I firmly believe in market freedom. There should be no limits of any kind in business systems, financial balances or contracting systems.
There should also be no fees, taxes, or any regulatory entity that fully controls the economy. I believe that the economic tradition that ICH left in Myrland after years of work is a demonstration of the success of private initiative.
Miner companies, weapons industries, potions, banking schemes, loans, bank deposits, transfers, all this was carried out by the private initiative that we represented, without any type of regulation or control mechanism.

I don't know if I understood what you were saying correctly. I just wanted to put on record my opinion on financial management, as director of a bank in Myrland.

Does your plan include any structure to regulate the economy and the labor, production and tax systems?

Ichor Corp times 100. The idea of a group similar to Mods that help with issues. Aiming more for a sent of people or in game players that have a general fairness of the game. My example would be steel. I made load and loads of steel and sold them near 150g for a stack for a very long time. Then it doubled out of no where... Keeping a somewhat fair exchange makes buying and selling less stressful although it brings ganking to a new level. Also within this general group, these people focus on those who are building walls around materials reframing others from use. Even posting bounties on guilds or players who are terrorising at a high amount. With contracts, a builder of high skills should be worth more then 10 random builders. If they really get one account per player. We will see large older groups run the game from the start. Making it hard on newer players due to lack of knowledge. The regulations are still player driven, although adding a general idea of what an item should cost, what guilds are going rampant, who's on a killing spree, what crafters are known vs private crafters, So much more can be involved.. the goal is to have something regulated so a guild with 2 people cant own 1sqkm... Or a stack of steel sold for 200g vs 1000g. I understand scamming and having those fun todos. Although backing players with insight to those who just started. Cause we know the vets will run this game and we will take what we want. Theres no question there.. but giving a way to reframe small groups from over building when they dont properly have the members to support the area claimed. Or a crafter selling wood sticks as metal swords. Maybe this is to far fetched for some.. But Ichor and Null both ran multi guild groups on the idea that they protect eachother. What I'm presenting has more to do with ruining the game based on over pricing, ruling more land then can be maintained, giving killers and hunters some glory or honor for what they are doing. Even setting up simple events like 1v1 tournaments, jousting, fishing, target shooting, ect. Keeping the Mods doing there job but giving us more tdo within the game. All while being fair. Please remember FAIR isnt EQUAL!!

Idk if I made this more confusing but hey, I need coffee. I'll PM you the full idea when completed.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The idea of localised economies and communities has been on my mind for some time. With the new Myrland of MO2 reportedly 6 times the size of old Myrland, it is big enough to allow regional powers to flourish. In time, nation states with players form a collective identity in the part of the new Myrland that they live.

With this in mind, let's consider what this could mean for the myriad of sandbox gameplay that could potentially occur:

A caravan carrying goods from one regional power to another would be transporting goods produced or harvested by local players. As such, they have a vested interest in seeing that caravan reach its destination, which may in turn cause them to either accompany the caravan or hire local mercenaries to ensure its safety.

Local currency might also take shape, with each regional power minting its own coins, and creating the need for exchange rates and the value of currencies becoming a major driver of economies and perhaps even politics, wars or diplomatic relations bettering or worsening.

When war erupts between regional powers, it may become a struggle for survival and protecting one's interests such as local resources, the land itself, personal estate and such. I think such a bond to the region can only occur when you have a world so large so as to cause players to actually settle in one area as their primary base, or what some might call homeland. In old Myrland, this isn't really realised as everyone can effectively reach any point on the continent within minutes on a fast mount, making everyone more or less live in close proximity to each other.

The size of new Myrland creates the need for more formal and serious diplomacy where decisions are made by the peoples of each region, and local communities will view those from other regions a bit more as outsiders. Not that we treat those from other regions with disdain (though that can certainly be role-played!), but we begin to see the distinction between a local and foreigner.

Saboteurs, infiltrators and undercover agents will truly find a place in this new world, as they will have to make the very long journey into their target regional power to lay low and pass as 'one of us' without drawing suspicion. The one character per account will make this a much more committed mission as you will effectively be spending large chunks of your playtime to achieving whatever it is you intend to as an agent working for a foreign power... or potentially even double or sleeper agents.

Of course, for any of these ideas to work, the game world must have a huge population so that players will gather and form their own communities, customs, culture and nuances. This is where a council as @Phen suggested would play an important role in fostering an environment where player population will grow and flourish in order to facilitate deeper, immersive forms of in-game politics, conflict, commerce and stories that are all driven by players.

Last edited:

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Update!

●Similar to Mods with but different objective in the game.
●Keeping people in all knowing of the world by some form of news or easy way to learn about a general area.
●Creating in game events as well as managing overwhelming moments to overtake areas which create an unfair advantage to others.
●Allowing a point system for people to fight for top spot in all sorts of trades.
●Using similar point system for events and rewards.
●Laying a fair buying system based on amount of product ingame ( low amounts of steel makes the price higher, higher amounts of steel brings price down. Giving a feel of economic crashes when less players do particular trades).
●This "counsel" has no further powers, just an ability to help all in the game without being bias to reds or blues. Mostly used for overwhelming movements (the players will still need to stop these movements), creating fun events, giving cosmetic points or a value system that doesnt effect the in game currency / general gameplay.
●The "counsel" could be players in game or (imo) outsiders trying to keep things interesting.
●At NO point will this group be able to manipulate the game in any way when it comes to building, currency, secrets, or in depth info ( like how to craft swords or make steel ).

Not sure of this helps at all clear up what I posted about. Its alittle confusing but if noticed as a non function, just something to keep an eye on if your expanding or wanting something to do.

• Wow
Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
The idea of localised economies and communities has been on my mind for some time. With the new Myrland of MO2 reportedly 6 times the size of old Myrland, it is big enough to allow regional powers to flourish. In time, nation states with players form a collective identity in the part of the new Myrland that they live.

With this in mind, let's consider what this could mean for the myriad of sandbox gameplay that could potentially occur:

A caravan carrying goods from one regional power to another would be transporting goods produced or harvested by local players. As such, they have a vested interest in seeing that caravan reach its destination, which may in turn cause them to either accompany the caravan or hire local mercenaries to ensure its safety.

Local currency might also take shape, with each regional power minting its own coins, and creating the need for exchange rates and the value of currencies becoming a major driver of economies and perhaps even politics, wars or diplomatic relations bettering or worsening.

When war erupts between regional powers, it may become a struggle for survival and protecting one's interests such as local resources, the land itself, personal estate and such. I think such a bond to the region can only occur when you have a world so large so as to cause players to actually settle in one area as their primary base, or what some might call homeland. In old Myrland, this isn't really realised as everyone can effectively reach any point on the continent within minutes on a fast mount, making everyone more or less live in close proximity to each other.

The size of new Myrland creates the need for more formal and serious diplomacy where decisions are made by the peoples of each region, and local communities will view those from other regions a bit more as outsiders. Not that we treat those from other regions with disdain (though that can certainly be role-played!), but we begin to see the distinction between a local and foreigner.

Saboteurs, infiltrators and undercover agents will truly find a place in this new world, as they will have to make the very long journey into their target regional power to lay low and pass as 'one of us' without drawing suspicion. The one character per account will make this a much more committed mission as you will effectively be spending large chunks of your playtime to achieving whatever it is you intend to as an agent working for a foreign power... or potentially even double or sleeper agents.

Of course, for any of these ideas to work, the game world must have a huge population so that players will gather and form their own communities, customs, culture and nuances. This is where a council as @Phen suggested would play an important role in fostering an environment where player population will grow and flourish in order to facilitate deeper, immersive forms of in-game politics, conflict, commerce and stories that are all driven by players.

I agree that diplomacy will be more complex, since the map will be huge and players will have time to solidify their control over certain lands, but today we are still in a trival phase, we will see how things evolve.

The truth is that the possibilities are many, but I am very clear that no type of entity above the tribes will be viable. If I learned anything from Myrland, it is that the only real force is brute force, and the lands will be governed by those who possess more brutal force. Diplomacy will be limited, in the end as it has always been, to the creation of military powers that allow its leaders to use concentrated brutal force against their enemies.
Myrland is a land where barbarism has ruled and will rule.
There is no way that institutions can be created above the guilds.
No matter how much time and gold you invest, these projects will ultimately be destroyed by the relentless logic of brute force.

Based on my experience, that is the only possible reality.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I agree that diplomacy will be more complex, since the map will be huge and players will have time to solidify their control over certain lands, but today we are still in a trival phase, we will see how things evolve.

The truth is that the possibilities are many, but I am very clear that no type of entity above the tribes will be viable. If I learned anything from Myrland, it is that the only real force is brute force, and the lands will be governed by those who possess more brutal force. Diplomacy will be limited, in the end as it has always been, to the creation of military powers that allow its leaders to use concentrated brutal force against their enemies.
Myrland is a land where barbarism has ruled and will rule.
There is no way that institutions can be created above the guilds.
No matter how much time and gold you invest, these projects will ultimately be destroyed by the relentless logic of brute force.

Based on my experience, that is the only possible reality.

Now hear me out. This isn't ment to prevent anyone from doing as they please. I highly disagree about "brute force" due to 3 players at the right time can take down entire villages in hours. Thus is only based off MO1..

To move into a new world, we should look at all possible options. Being brought together in some form could be extremely useful when you have lack of in game goals. Also brings excitment when new events are announced.

Once again by no means is this idea to effect game play, people from over charging, taking over large areas or doing as they please. Just more of a guide for players who might be lossing interest or want to do something different. By using this we could have a lot more events, player made goals, and wars due to the drama that could come from hearing a guild became top achievers or best mercenaries. Doesnt mean someone will do anything, it's more of a notice that things are happening. Like when a guild is destroyed, promptly letting everyone know even though most wont care or have any part of it.

Only bringing this to any light due to them having multiple currency now. Why not find fun ways to use a nearly useless currency? Only cause we arent sure what the new currency is for, I'm just giving an idea of a way they can use it generally not just through micro purchases. Hoping this gives us more then just personal missions. The game will still be balanced by players yet general oversight by those building the economy as fairly as possible. Just remember the point I speak of are NOT benefiting more then cosmetic looks.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Post has been moved to Feedback/Suggestions.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think what @Phen is proposing is not a governing body or structured society, instead it is a facilitator with a utilitarian function. Just like utilities such as water and electricity do not have a moral dictate but instead they are simply enablers for the user to go about their daily life.

At some point, every form of playstyle and career will find their niche in this game, and the proposed United Guilds and Trades (which includes the trade of warfare of every form) will simply help each player to better ply their respective crafts, whatever it may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
View attachment 71 The world will always twist into chaos, planning is futile.

Peace? Not looking for such, utilizing eachother to bring better gameplay and building a more player based exchanges.

If anything looking to cause more war, while keeping at bay the greedy rulers who don't share an interest in keeping the game alive. Although if you rather be the greedy one, by all means the battle field is open to all. Nice thing about being a nice guy, mercs run cheap at a cheap price. ?❤

• Haha

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
With all due respect, you're wrong.
Mercenaries are extremely expensive, and keeping a full army of mercenaries (which I did twice) is incredibly expensive, unless you hire street junk, or unskilled warriors. I was lucky enough to be able to hire some of the best assassins and mercenaries in this game at my service and the prices were not affordable for almost anyone.
Just keeping an entire army operating, which participated in sieges and others, cost me thousands of golds a day.
It's not just the pay. They are weapons, horses, catapults, ammunition, diverse equipment. Of everything.
It is within the reach of very few people to maintain a mercenary contingent, believe me.
I only met about 5-6 players capable of holding mercenaries.
Although yes, perhaps it is possible to keep a small operation for a while.
I am eager to see how mercenary companies develop in MO2, I have always had an interest in private security, although I could not develop my plan in MO1, since there was little population.

And I hate low prices! Hahaha.

For the rest I will assist with interest in the development of your plans, all ideas and projects are welcome.

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
Greedy people exist, tyrants exist, I don't like regulations...you can't make people set a fixed price for a stack of steel agreed worlwide, myrland is a capitalist utopia, don't try to ruin it trying to make it some frufru regulated utopia, don't take me wrong, i would support the idea of helping people and being fair to people, just stop the "we need to regulate merc stuff" it ain't going to happen.....that just ruin the point of having and battling for resources to have an advantage to begin with....

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
To build a world of fair trade! Giving all a chance to survive! Only at the required costs. Keeping our world in a semi balance. Bringing a market to everyone and no one. Allowing knowledge to be power, strength in skill not numbers, and no one ruling King.

As our community grows and the world expands. Some see a world of blood and battles, others see as mystical and mysterious adventures, as some even want a bearing world of trades and roles. As a result of long term game play and exciting exchanges. We have another long road ahead to build this community right.

I propose a group of guild leaders, politicians, tradesmen, mercenaries and contractors to come together. Laying down some fair yet busy ideas and guidelines to push our economy together while battling for the title of top guild, best craftsmanship, social implementations pushes, as well as sub events and rewards.

Together we can push MO2 to be what MO1 failed at. The communities backing of players. As a hardcore sandbox, we have all the control. We the players make choices to destroy, provide, and support what we all have come to love in some way.

Myself, as a tradesman and a guide of services. Now reaching a point of trust with many. Wanting to protect the game internally with a multitude guilds (weather the guilds like eachother or not) and players uniting to keep the game alive. Being fair, yet ruthless.

Should we attempt this?! I'll be happy to add a full detailed post about the United Guilds and Trades. Give me some thoughts!!
So basically. we should form the MO equivalent of a UN. I'm down for that. A coalition of guilds telling smaller guilds how much they can sell their stuff for, collect taxes, and force people that don't like each other to live with each other.

Let's also require industry licenses (license to sell steel, license to transport goods long distance with intent to sell) which has dues at the end of each week. We'll make a killing oppression all the noobs!

• Wow
Reactions: Phen and Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
So basically. we should form the MO equivalent of a UN. I'm down for that. A coalition of guilds telling smaller guilds how much they can sell their stuff for, collect taxes, and force people that don't like each other to live with each other.

Let's also require industry licenses (license to sell steel, license to transport goods long distance with intent to sell) which has dues at the end of each week. We'll make a killing oppression all the noobs!

Perhaps some day in many years, Myrland will evolve into some kind of new form of government, but today we are a tribal society.
It is true, every once in a while a tribe takes control of the rest and prevails by force for a time but ... it does not usually last long.
RPK lasted in the final phase of the game for quite some time as the dominant guild, though in the end it succumbed to internal intrigue and division.
I tried to create organisms and regulate state structures and totally failed, despite investing time, immense resources at my disposal and many people who supported me. I poured gold myrland stacks, mountains of materials, all my immense wealth, I assisted the poor, distributed immense fortunes and still failed.
Let's just let everything evolve naturally and wait to see what happens. People in Myrland love freedom and are only loyal to their tribes, we must accept it.
I still hope that one day an exceptional player will change the history of Myrland and be unanimously chosen emperor, for his exploits and exploits.
I always believed that this man would be Ichorus, my former teacher, but unfortunately Ichorus is gone, leaving us all orphans of his wisdom.

And of course he is blessed by the god Soldeus.

But perhaps we will never see that day come.

• Love
Reactions: Najwalaylah