Things To Make Game More Realistic.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Your weapon swing should not stop:
When swinging a Sword, Axe, any bladed weapon it should not stop when you hit a target. I've noticed while fighting zombies standing right next to each other it only damages one. When you swing a sword it does not stop upon hitting metal armor, It continues the swing, still hitting anything in its path. That is if the angel is right, it might bounce backwards but that is rare, because armor is specifically made to deflect slashing attack's. It would add more thinking to combat, Because yes of course you can hit your guild mates as well. "That will just help solo players." My response to that is yes it does, but it also promotes smart movement. With medieval combat strategic movement is everything. I Think adding this would be very immersive, and I thought about how it could be balanced.

How to Balance it:
  • Obviously The first target you hit will take max weapon damage. (Of course if they have armor that will be accounted for) The second person hit should take 20-75% of the total weapon damage. Based on weapon quality and the attacking players strength.
  • If the first target would block or parry, it stops the attack they would still take a % of damage of how it is currently. If the first target does not block or parry, But the second would be target blocks or parries it they take no damage what so ever. Due to the reduced speed of the attack striking the first target.
The Mounted Combat skill should not be a thing:
There is already a riding skill and every weapon has a skill. There is already weapon quality, Why would there be a skill that is just there to do normal weapon damage on a mount? Being on a mount does not effect weapon quality IRL. The point I'm making is it comes down to the skill of the player to correctly line up a swing, jab, or compensate an arrow for speed and distance. That in its self is skillful. There is no auto aim (which is good) so it does not make sense to me to reduce weapon damage just because your on a horse. Yes there should be a higher class of riding just like the "Controlled Riding" skill, that lets you turn faster and such. But to have a whole skill just to do normal weapon damage is just absurd to me. The way I see it is if you have a high riding skill, along with a high weapon skill your effectiveness should be based on you, yourself not another point dump skill. Of course if you dont have much skill in archery, axe, spear, any weapon and try to use it on a horse. Then it makes sense to me that your effectiveness is damaged.

Settings:
I dont care about shadows, and I find them to just be a waist of processing power. So I always turn them off. There should be an option to get rid of them. I find turning them to low makes them act weird and flicker. Would look better to not just have them at all.

Disclaimer:
I am new to MO, People keep shitting on it, and in no way is that what I intend to be doing by making this post. The game is not even in EA yet and I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! It is an online Kenshi (A very hard core game look it up) that being said this is my shit! I love challenge and always overcoming difficulties. MO does this very well, if people would not get butthurt and give up so easily perhaps they would be able to see it like me. I also can clearly see the passion everyone working on it has put into it. I dont believe it will let me down. Let me know why you think/know what I stated above is wrong or if you agree with me.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I do agree that the weapon contact feels very lacklustre, it looks like I'm tapping or gliding my weapon across whatever it is I'm hitting. It feels even worse when it's a handle hit.

MO1 had better weapon contact animation, it felt more meaty and impactful.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
i feel that if you get a parry, the opponent should have a few milliseconds of being unable to swing. Right now you parry start a riposte and the other guy tanks the hit, doesnt get flinched and just trades.

tntdogs

Mar 8, 2021
Your weapon swing should not stop:
When swinging a Sword, Axe, any bladed weapon it should not stop when you hit a target. I've noticed while fighting zombies standing right next to each other it only damages one. When you swing a sword it does not stop upon hitting metal armor, It continues the swing, still hitting anything in its path. That is if the angel is right, it might bounce backwards but that is rare, because armor is specifically made to deflect slashing attack's. It would add more thinking to combat, Because yes of course you can hit your guild mates as well. "That will just help solo players." My response to that is yes it does, but it also promotes smart movement. With medieval combat strategic movement is everything. I Think adding this would be very immersive, and I thought about how it could be balanced.

How to Balance it:
  • Obviously The first target you hit will take max weapon damage. (Of course if they have armor that will be accounted for) The second person hit should take 20-75% of the total weapon damage. Based on weapon quality and the attacking players strength.
  • If the first target would block or parry, it stops the attack they would still take a % of damage of how it is currently. If the first target does not block or parry, But the second would be target blocks or parries it they take no damage what so ever. Due to the reduced speed of the attack striking the first target.
The Mounted Combat skill should not be a thing:
There is already a riding skill and every weapon has a skill. There is already weapon quality, Why would there be a skill that is just there to do normal weapon damage on a mount? Being on a mount does not effect weapon quality IRL. The point I'm making is it comes down to the skill of the player to correctly line up a swing, jab, or compensate an arrow for speed and distance. That in its self is skillful. There is no auto aim (which is good) so it does not make sense to me to reduce weapon damage just because your on a horse. Yes there should be a higher class of riding just like the "Controlled Riding" skill, that lets you turn faster and such. But to have a whole skill just to do normal weapon damage is just absurd to me. The way I see it is if you have a high riding skill, along with a high weapon skill your effectiveness should be based on you, yourself not another point dump skill. Of course if you dont have much skill in archery, axe, spear, any weapon and try to use it on a horse. Then it makes sense to me that your effectiveness is damaged.

Settings:
I dont care about shadows, and I find them to just be a waist of processing power. So I always turn them off. There should be an option to get rid of them. I find turning them to low makes them act weird and flicker. Would look better to not just have them at all.

Disclaimer:
I am new to MO, People keep shitting on it, and in no way is that what I intend to be doing by making this post. The game is not even in EA yet and I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! It is an online Kenshi (A very hard core game look it up) that being said this is my shit! I love challenge and always overcoming difficulties. MO does this very well, if people would not get butthurt and give up so easily perhaps they would be able to see it like me. I also can clearly see the passion everyone working on it has put into it. I dont believe it will let me down. Let me know why you think/know what I stated above is wrong or if you agree with me.

I think it is more realistic that your swing only damages one person.

Also what they have done is developed a really nice system that detect the collision of your weapon and your target very well. And when your weapon hits something you can start parrying or striking again faster. Where as your swing goes much wider if you dont hit anything and there is room for the enemy to strike you.

If what your proposing was true, your swing would go past the guy you hit, potentially hit one next to him. That leaves you open for getting attacked when your sword is still swining towards the second guy.
And I don't know very much about sword combat but making a wide swing to hit 2 enemies in a battle seems very unrealistic.

Parrying could maybe be changed to be able to make skillful parries in 2v1