Things that need fixed/changed

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Just because your human build sucks doesn't mean I am exaggerating. View attachment 1774
O look a human with more than double almost triple the damage bonus, able to wear steel, a lot more hp too. Huh kinda like I actually tested stuff instead of just talking like you seem to be. Clubs deal damage equal to their strength requirement, blunt damage, and in some cases other modifiers like slashing or pierce damage then damage bonus. This damage is calculated to the naked body and then reduced by armor.... except that the damage bonus is applied to the naked damage not the armor damage so does way more than you would expect. I tested a sword and club both of steel. The club had less range, more stam usage, less damage, slower, and is way easier to hit with the handle. I am not just saying things that I think I am testing them. Also tested running from a stickie from a high damage fighter. If they are good at stickie and you don't have something close to jump on you will die before you escape their range in mage armor without the speed boost. Again tested instead of just claiming. You on the other hand...
You have presented what, a single max size kallard, the strongest build of all humans? I said most human builds cannot use full steel, I never said all.

The point is that it's not only Alvarin that cannot use full steel armor, other builds of other clades also cannot do this.

Again, you should not be able to simply disengage by running from any non Alvarin player. It's not supposed to work like that.

You're just arguing in circles now. It has already been addressed that the damage potential of your weapon depends entirely on the armor of the target and it's silly to say swords deal the same or more damage than clubs of the same material as it's relative to the target and specific weapon heads.

I'm not interested in the hostility that you're attempting to inject into the conversation so i'll stop replying to you here, as it's clearly not productive and I've already put forward all of my points on the topic.

Reactions: Chalice

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Again, you should not be able to simply disengage by running from any non Alvarin player. It's not supposed to work like that.
Alvarin give up a lot to be able to run fast, i dont think he means running in a straight line.
There should still be more of a noticeable difference in speed, it takes too much stam to close a gap or get away and then they catch you anyway because of the stam difference.

Piet

May 28, 2020
You have presented what, a single max size kallard, the strongest build of all humans? I said most human builds cannot use full steel, I never said all.

The point is that it's not only Alvarin that cannot use full steel armor, other builds of other clades also cannot do this.

You're just arguing in circles now. It has already been addressed that the damage potential of your weapon depends entirely on the armor of the target and it's silly to say swords deal the same or more damage than clubs of the same material as it's relative to the target and specific weapon heads.

I'm not interested in the hostility that you're attempting to inject into the conversation so i'll stop replying to you here, as it's clearly not productive and I've already put forward all of my points on the topic.
I literally said humans in general though and you tried to red herring to some human clades which isn't the case if you mix and match right. The point was Alverin cannot wear steel no matter what they are the only race that have that restriction.

I didn't run in a straight line, a good player can stickie even if you try to juke and you cannot escape. So what else do you suggest a lower health, lower armor Alverin do? Also why at that point not go human and have the extra health and extra armor if speed can't disengage which is the only thing Alverin's have.

It doesn't depend on the target if we were testing it on a test dummy? and even if they have semi similar damage compared to armors and all of that. That means similar damage for less stam, less reach, less speed, and harder not to handle it.

This isn't even a place for debating Alverin. Clearly they are not complete and are not balanced at the moment and clearly need to be fixed/changed. Any dumbass attempt to say otherwise should at their gifts and notice 9 of their clade gifts are completely not implemented or not functional atm.

Reactions: Vergil

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Stickying someone in MO2 is stupid easy. You can't juke like you could in MO1 with quick changes in movement because all movement is in slow-mo. Also you can sticky anything but maybe a fit veela with an Oghmir. Speed means very little when you're that close. Then the Veela inevitably dies due to lower stamina, and if you're a mage and you stop to heal you lost any little bit of distance you had and you're getting hit again if not dead. Without terrain...Veela life is hard.

A lot of people who are playing Alvarin right now are just playing it because its what they want to be good (including myself). And I wanna clarify that Alvarin can be really good in certain situations...but all the other clades have gifts that are beneficial 100% of the time. Also the extreme nerf to the stamina regen active was horrible. It needed to be tweaked...but they butchered it.