Horse bags

bank expansion

horses need fixed

pets need fixed

mounted combat added

sausage lake optimization

moon colidiscopes near Moh Ki

MohKi mountain optimization

Alverin need buffed currently they aren't strong enough to wear full steel much less tung or ogh and the damage bonus adds damage percent to naked damage before damage is reduced so most races can do almost double the damage of Alverin with the same weapon and most of the gifts are minimally helpful if not broken even this can be made up for if you are intending Alverin to only be dex mage except that a full dex mage in mage armor cannot escape a sticky from any other race without dieing.

2h swords do more damage than most weapons, have longer range than poleswords, take less stam than lighter weapons, and have very easy to hit without handle hitting so need some sort of nerf.

Psy reduces damage and then also resists which halves the already reduced damage severely nerfing damage magic.

Archery hits to hard for how much easier it is to hit with compared to mo1. Even threw heavier armor it hits very hard and is now so easy to use you can out damage some warriors in 1v1 combat so mages have a rough time here as well.

I know MO is all about freedom but please for the love of all that is holy just railroad people in the tutorial so they stop complaining about no tutorial. It's dumb ya and it's annoying but it's needed because people are dumb and annoying. I watched 5 streamers all say the game doesn't explain anything then admit they didn't read shit in the tutorial or couldn't find the tutor they wanted.

Nerf lower tier stuff like bone. I am all game for the equalization that seems to have been done however if the low tiers are to good or high tiers not good enough it's bad.

Fix the skills

Fix the skill list to show multiple parent skills

Finish and fix the clade gifts

Fix catalysts in refining and other work bench related stuff like butcher tables not being that useful.

Fix the weird map issues like holes in the map or floating cliffs you can see through from one side

Fix it so you can parry animals

Fix bank issues or just get a whole new UI person in general

Re enable the packet loss or high ping kicking you from the server

Make a public wall of shame

re make the in game haven board to join a guild

Complete the guild system

Fix/complete the criminal system

remove the ability to hide your tag, I can't think of any good reason to do this but trolling/avoiding repercussions of actions and making the lives of most of the community harder especially the ARPK community

Characters need to load in within bow range at least not point blank and we should be able to see their info at that range again no good reason this isn't a thing but system restraints and making it hard on the community

In my opinion at least Keeps/TC need to be in the game before release. It would give an advantage to Vets to know more about the system and new players not be able to look into what it takes to get a keep and the whole idea that it would take us long to get a keep is silly. Multiple guilds got enough gold on the first day to have multiple guild tags so like 400g in a day on walker heads so 5k isn't going to take long. Not to mention it's the biggest draw of most of the game and biggest thing to fight over keeping the longest attention of everyone. I know it's something you want to get perfect and that's great as it should be but it should be in before release. Don't rush it delay release if you need.

I am a long long time player and huge fan so these are not any complaints or worries just my thoughts and hopes that they get fixed. I hope people add to the list in the comments more of what I surely missed.

arissarpl

Jul 14, 2020
Morin Khur area - Backdrop area from Palace/Temple to the Magefields area(Heads mountain).

Cherry blossom pass -> Magefields - we need it back for real. Right now road from East/SE of the map to Magefields is just huge dropdown, or bullhead tunnel, which is crazy far from MK.

Veterinary skill need to be added.
Beast Mastery implemented or added attacks to animals that get unlocked by this.
Pets need some LOVE !

Reactions: MolagAmur

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Characters not showing up as anything but [Humanoid] until they are in melee sprint range is an insanely frustrating issue. Otherwise pretty good list, not sure how I feel about a Bone Tissue nerf; It still gets shredded by decent weapons. But I do see the point of how bone tissue armor is weirdly good compared to bone tissue weapons being worthless.

+Bug/Exploit fixes, there are numerous that need to be shut down.

Reactions: Vergil and Bremlin

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Horse bags

bank expansion

horses need fixed

pets need fixed

mounted combat added

sausage lake optimization

moon colidiscopes near Moh Ki

MohKi mountain optimization

Alverin need buffed currently they aren't strong enough to wear full steel much less tung or ogh and the damage bonus adds damage percent to naked damage before damage is reduced so most races can do almost double the damage of Alverin with the same weapon and most of the gifts are minimally helpful if not broken even this can be made up for if you are intending Alverin to only be dex mage except that a full dex mage in mage armor cannot escape a sticky from any other race without dieing.

2h swords do more damage than most weapons, have longer range than poleswords, take less stam than lighter weapons, and have very easy to hit without handle hitting so need some sort of nerf.

Psy reduces damage and then also resists which halves the already reduced damage severely nerfing damage magic.

Archery hits to hard for how much easier it is to hit with compared to mo1. Even threw heavier armor it hits very hard and is now so easy to use you can out damage some warriors in 1v1 combat so mages have a rough time here as well.

I know MO is all about freedom but please for the love of all that is holy just railroad people in the tutorial so they stop complaining about no tutorial. It's dumb ya and it's annoying but it's needed because people are dumb and annoying. I watched 5 streamers all say the game doesn't explain anything then admit they didn't read shit in the tutorial or couldn't find the tutor they wanted.

Nerf lower tier stuff like bone. I am all game for the equalization that seems to have been done however if the low tiers are to good or high tiers not good enough it's bad.

Fix the skills

Fix the skill list to show multiple parent skills

Finish and fix the clade gifts

Fix catalysts in refining and other work bench related stuff like butcher tables not being that useful.

Fix the weird map issues like holes in the map or floating cliffs you can see through from one side

Fix it so you can parry animals

Fix bank issues or just get a whole new UI person in general

Re enable the packet loss or high ping kicking you from the server

Make a public wall of shame

re make the in game haven board to join a guild

Complete the guild system

Fix/complete the criminal system

remove the ability to hide your tag, I can't think of any good reason to do this but trolling/avoiding repercussions of actions and making the lives of most of the community harder especially the ARPK community

Characters need to load in within bow range at least not point blank and we should be able to see their info at that range again no good reason this isn't a thing but system restraints and making it hard on the community

In my opinion at least Keeps/TC need to be in the game before release. It would give an advantage to Vets to know more about the system and new players not be able to look into what it takes to get a keep and the whole idea that it would take us long to get a keep is silly. Multiple guilds got enough gold on the first day to have multiple guild tags so like 400g in a day on walker heads so 5k isn't going to take long. Not to mention it's the biggest draw of most of the game and biggest thing to fight over keeping the longest attention of everyone. I know it's something you want to get perfect and that's great as it should be but it should be in before release. Don't rush it delay release if you need.

I am a long long time player and huge fan so these are not any complaints or worries just my thoughts and hopes that they get fixed. I hope people add to the list in the comments more of what I surely missed.
I generally agree with most of what you say here bar a few exceptions.

1. I don't agree that Alvarin need to be buffed, especially not in the ways you suggest.

They are not supposed to wear full 100% density steel, most humans can't do that either. Their whole clade design is supposed to be dexterous and nimble, not front line heavy warriors although you can still wear quite heavy armor as one regardless, just not the heaviest. If you could, that would devalue the clades that can do that.

Their damage output is not half of other clades, and exaggerations aren't productive to this type of balance discussion.

Their clade gifts are some of the most fun and interesting ones out there, the massive fall damage reduction and jump height while in combat mode are extremely utilitarian and will allow you to do things no one else can do during fights.

You aren't mean't to be able to immediately disengage from any player who isn't an Alvarin, that's not the goal here. If you could, you would narrow the viable clade choices as the extra speed would be far too necessary as it was in MO1.

The important factor here is only if you're faster or slower than another player.

If you're faster, that means you're either:

a) Gaining distance while kiting / running away
b) Closing distance while chasing

Just because you can't instantly disengage from any non Alvarin doesn't mean the extra speed isn't extremely valuable, because it is.

One of the main goals Henrik has with MO2 is to make each clade not just a viable choice, but a tempting choice. You should look at each clade and think "Wow that's really good, I wouldn't mind playing them".

An extremely common occurrence we see in this community whenever someone tries to have a clade balance discussion is everyone rooting for their own favourite clade and asking (even demanding) for a particular clade to be buffed simply because that's their favourite one and they want it to be better than all the others.

If Alvarin could wear armor just as heavy as everyone else, hit for just as much damage as everyone else, run way faster than everyone else and have way better clades than everyone else why the hell would anyone play anything else?

2. Two handed swords do not:

- Do more damage than most weapons

It would only be fair to compare other two handed weapons here, and both axes and clubs are capable of dealing more damage to armored targets than swords are.

- Have longer reach than pole weapons

This one is pretty strange, I wonder why you're saying this as it's easily verifiably not true.

The main problem I have with two handed swords is the heavy great blade specifically, as it's just way better than all the other two handed sword blades with no significant down side especially when made of a light material.

A nerf to this blade specifically to make choosing a sword blade more of a real side grade would be very nice and something I've mentioned on here before.

Reactions: Chalice

arnmpl

Dec 7, 2020
- Right arm takes no damage from arrows
- Some arrows even in torso/head etc do no damage either
- Horses going invisible on nodelines and only sometimes coming back after a relog
- Spear animations to make it easier to read horizontal attacks
- "Ghost swings" that happen with some players so you don't see them release their swing, or you take damage before their swing has visually been released

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021

1. I don't agree that Alvarin need to be buffed, especially not in the ways you suggest.

They are not supposed to wear full 100% density steel, most humans can't do that either. Their whole clade design is supposed to be dexterous and nimble, not front line heavy warriors although you can still wear quite heavy armor as one regardless, just not the heaviest. If you could, that would devalue the clades that can do that.

Their damage output is not half of other clades, and exaggerations aren't productive to this type of balance discussion.

Their clade gifts are some of the most fun and interesting ones out there, the massive fall damage reduction and jump height while in combat mode are extremely utilitarian and will allow you to do things no one else can do during fights.

You aren't mean't to be able to immediately disengage from any player who isn't an Alvarin, that's not the goal here. If you could, you would narrow the viable clade choices as the extra speed would be far too necessary as it was in MO1.

The important factor here is only if you're faster or slower than another player.

Just because you can't instantly disengage from any non Alvarin doesn't mean the extra speed isn't extremely valuable, because it is.

One of the main goals Henrik has with MO2 is to make each clade not just a viable choice, but a tempting choice. You should look at each clade and think "Wow that's really good, I wouldn't mind playing them".

An extremely common occurrence we see in this community whenever someone tries to have a clade balance discussion is everyone rooting for their own favourite clade and asking (even demanding) for a particular clade to be buffed simply because that's their favourite one and they want it to be better than all the others.

If Alvarin could wear armor just as heavy as everyone else, hit for just as much damage as everyone else, run way faster than everyone else and have way better clades than everyone else why the hell would anyone play anything else?

It would only be fair to compare other two handed weapons here, and both axes and clubs are capable of dealing more damage to armored targets than swords are.

This one is pretty strange, I wonder why you're saying this as it's easily verifiably not true.

The main problem I have with two handed swords is the heavy great blade specifically, as it's just way better than all the other two handed sword blades with no significant down side especially when made of a light material.

A nerf to this blade specifically to make choosing a sword blade more of a real side grade would be very nice and something I've mentioned on here before.
I agree with the part about armor, Alvarin should not be able to wear same stuff as tanky clades but i disagree about the speed, Alvarins main draw-in is that they are the fastest clade, sacrificing HP, Defense, Max Stam and Damage to be faster, except now that speed difference is almost unnoticeable.
i would say a small buff to any dex above 110 or a small increase to the speed clade gift would help to balance it out.

Piet

May 28, 2020

To clarify those were not suggestions they were facts. All other races can wear steel but elves. Elves cannot escape a good sticky. 0 to 30% damage literally is double with some weapons. The 2 gifts you mentioned are the only gifts that work for them other than 15% increase to stam regen if not moving. 2h swords deal similar damage as axes and heavy clubs. I have tested what I'm saying and am stating facts not even suggestions to fix.

D

Dracu

Good list havent found anything major to disagree with.

-Increase melee dmg dealt or recieved

Time to kill in melee is to long

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

The thing is, right now its really not worth it to go alvarin. The only thing they have going for them is the jumping clade which is nice but means you are burning lots of stam, the swimming clade which is very situational and the 10 minute cooldown sprint buff. With the latest changes to fall damage you will still get alot of damage even with the clade if your stout or overweight and going for a lower weight is a death sentence especially with how op archers are.

Their damage is in fact very low compared to other races even with a 30 year old max height build. This just makes their low stam pool feel even worse since you need more hits to deal the same damage as other races, their TTK vs others is essentially doubled. Forget about 1vXing anyone.

The extra speed is really negible apart from the speed boost. I feel no difference with playing a khurite human tbh. Nobody is saying you should be able to zoom out (altho lean veelas probably should to an extent) of fights but you literally cannot get any distance to disengage the moment your in melee range. And on the long run you will most likely just get out stammed as warriors have 30-40 more stam than you.

Its just not viable except from very specific places where you can abuse the jumping combat clade or go for a swim. I dont think they should hit as hard as anyone else or use the heaviest armor but why shouldnt they fit their actual niche which is speed? IMO in MO1 veelas were completely balanced, you could disengage from fights but if you only straight lined warriors still had a chance to catch you, you could kite zergs if you had enough distance and the damage difference wasnt that big.

They should 100% get their speed back pre nerf.

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
I hope they nerf bone tissue, emalj, and fullgrain leather. The pigs give too much money(200g/hr easily). Their gear is better than what molarium or ironbone used to be in MO1, and the pigs can be safely farmed within a guardzone right next to a butcher table.

Nobody is farming the better mobs in the open world. It's really unfortunate.

Reactions: Eldrath and Piet

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Agree on Alvarin speed. You can't disengage even as a fit veela(160 hp) mage after someone has hit you in melee unless you're around something to jump on. If you're caught out on flat ground you're done. I feel so bad for the poor mages right now. Your only hope is to turn around and block while waiting for peels. If you pop your speed boost and manage to make a little distance, as soon as you stand still for 2 seconds to cast you're dead again.

Reactions: Piet

FastFeary

Mar 30, 2021
Originally picked up Alvarin for the idea of a cool foot Archer.

The only reason I still play Alvarin is an unimplemented clade gift for butchery yields (as well as maybe other gather yields) and the promise that eventually lighter characters will ride faster and use less stam on horses.

Both of those benefits are mostly non combat and travel/PVE related which is what i'm interested in. PvP though thursar/Oghimir are better dedicated archers, Thursar/Humans are stronger footfighters. The one niche where Alvarin might excel as mobile foot archer it doesn't have the stamina or speed to make it worth trying.

Yes there is niche spots for Alvarin as some mages but I don't think they are intended as a clade(nor is any clade) primarily meant to be a mage.

Last edited:

Vergil

May 1, 2021
I've been playing as a Sheevra / Sheevra dex mage for a week, can confirm that's almost impossible to disengage without some environment / avoidance.
You just don't have enough stamina to outrun foot warriors, even though you do have ~30 speed advantage (but its kinda meh, should be more 60+).

Or alternatively, just let us cast while running.
Casting overall feels terrible, standing still doesn't help at all either. In 2021 this feels like utter garbage mechanic.
Looking at archers and their current state (0 stamina loss with an arrow drawn) I don't see why not.

(Also, can't outrun them either)

To add to the list from me:
- Fix horrible town layouts (Tindrum, Morin Khur, etc). Make towns usable without horses (extraction, cemeteries, other utilities should be close to each other). This would also make other people to travel more likely than sitting in Meduli 24 / 7;
- Fix or remove Jungle area (pure cancer to navigate);
- More PvE content;
- In general, make places less huge, and have actual content. There's no point in exploring or playing in an empty world.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Good list havent found anything major to disagree with.

-Increase melee dmg dealt or recieved

Time to kill in melee is to long
if anything than its too short... you dont want to die in 2 secs when 2 people focus you in a non deathmatch game because the alpha/starting damage is so high. with "low ttk" you lose your 24h farmed gear because 2 halberd dudes got 2 hits on you, you cant engage into bigger groups for some dmg, you cant run in and back you will either land a hit and die or die instantly, people wont use slow heavy hitting weps alot which makes teamfight parry play even more difficult, you travel 3h for a 2 sec fight. if you are in the position to parry every hit (1vs1) wep dmg doesnt matter anyway in the end so low ttk is just a good thing in match making games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piet

Valoran

May 28, 2020
To clarify those were not suggestions they were facts. All other races can wear steel but elves. Elves cannot escape a good sticky. 0 to 30% damage literally is double with some weapons. The 2 gifts you mentioned are the only gifts that work for them other than 15% increase to stam regen if not moving. 2h swords deal similar damage as axes and heavy clubs. I have tested what I'm saying and am stating facts not even suggestions to fix.
Not all other clades can wear full steel, as I said a lot of humans cannot wear a full set of 100% density steel without slowing down as it's too heavy. You will have to make compromises on the material density. The only clade that can wear full tungsteel is Oghmir at the moment with their armor weight gift.

You can escape a good sticky, just not immediately or by running in a straight line, nor should you be able to for the reasons I stated in my original message.

If you're playing a skinny or underweight veela of course you're going to be hitting for far less than a max stout 30% damage bonus thursar, but a stout age 30 veela has 11% damage bonus and last I checked +19% is not double.

The damage of 2H swords vs axes and clubs made of the same materials is relative to the armor of the target, and when hitting someone in semi decent armor or above the sword damage is not equal.

You are indeed making suggestions based on exaggerations, personal desires and biases because you like Alvarins and want to play one, and not simply presenting facts.

I enjoy and promote balance discussions but a certain degree of honesty needs to take place regarding each persons motives and personal desires. Alvarins should not be the best clade choice, they should just be a good one and I believe they currently are.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The thing is, right now its really not worth it to go alvarin. The only thing they have going for them is the jumping clade which is nice but means you are burning lots of stam, the swimming clade which is very situational and the 10 minute cooldown sprint buff. With the latest changes to fall damage you will still get alot of damage even with the clade if your stout or overweight and going for a lower weight is a death sentence especially with how op archers are.

Their damage is in fact very low compared to other races even with a 30 year old max height build. This just makes their low stam pool feel even worse since you need more hits to deal the same damage as other races, their TTK vs others is essentially doubled. Forget about 1vXing anyone.

The extra speed is really negible apart from the speed boost. I feel no difference with playing a khurite human tbh. Nobody is saying you should be able to zoom out (altho lean veelas probably should to an extent) of fights but you literally cannot get any distance to disengage the moment your in melee range. And on the long run you will most likely just get out stammed as warriors have 30-40 more stam than you.

Its just not viable except from very specific places where you can abuse the jumping combat clade or go for a swim. I dont think they should hit as hard as anyone else or use the heaviest armor but why shouldnt they fit their actual niche which is speed? IMO in MO1 veelas were completely balanced, you could disengage from fights but if you only straight lined warriors still had a chance to catch you, you could kite zergs if you had enough distance and the damage difference wasnt that big.

They should 100% get their speed back pre nerf.
If you calculate the percentage difference of speed between thursar and veela the difference in MO2 is actually greater than the difference between them in MO1.

I would disagree that veela were perfectly balanced, as it's not just about them. You have to take a holistic view of all the clades in the game and the fact that everyone on foot was either an Alvarin or Thursar means that the clades were not balanced.

Every clade needs to be just as viable as the others, if you make one of them too good it ruins the overall balance.

I'm not saying they're perfect right now, but I would also note that some people are indeed saying they should be able to just disengage from a Thursar / human sticky within a few seconds so it's not like no one is implying that, and those who are are mainly who I am contradicting.

Henrik has the statistics on what the real distribution of player clades is, and he is constantly boasting about how evenly distributed the clades are at the moment. If this is true, that is a good metric to indicate a good balance has been achieved.

At any rate I hope they iterate on the clade balance and try out a few more things before persistence because now is the time and we all know Henrik doesn't want to make any drastic changes after launch.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Not all other clades can wear full steel, as I said a lot of humans cannot wear a full set of 100% density steel without slowing down as it's too heavy. You will have to make compromises on the material density. The only clade that can wear full tungsteel is Oghmir at the moment with their armor weight gift.

You can escape a good sticky, just not immediately or by running in a straight line, nor should you be able to for the reasons I stated in my original message.

If you're playing a skinny or underweight veela of course you're going to be hitting for far less than a max stout 30% damage bonus thursar, but a stout age 30 veela has 11% damage bonus and last I checked +19% is not double.

The damage of 2H swords vs axes and clubs made of the same materials is relative to the armor of the target, and when hitting someone in semi decent armor or above the sword damage is not equal.

You are indeed making suggestions based on exaggerations, personal desires and biases because you like Alvarins and want to play one, and not simply presenting facts.

I enjoy and promote balance discussions but a certain degree of honesty needs to take place regarding each persons motives and personal desires. Alvarins should not be the best clade choice, they should just be a good one and I believe they currently are.
Just because your human build sucks doesn't mean I am exaggerating. 1619950608403.png
O look a human with more than double almost triple the damage bonus, able to wear steel, a lot more hp too. Huh kinda like I actually tested stuff instead of just talking like you seem to be. Clubs deal damage equal to their strength requirement, blunt damage, and in some cases other modifiers like slashing or pierce damage then damage bonus. This damage is calculated to the naked body and then reduced by armor.... except that the damage bonus is applied to the naked damage not the armor damage so does way more than you would expect. I tested a sword and club both of steel. The club had less range, more stam usage, less damage, slower, and is way easier to hit with the handle. I am not just saying things that I think I am testing them. Also tested running from a stickie from a high damage fighter. If they are good at stickie and you don't have something close to jump on you will die before you escape their range in mage armor without the speed boost. Again tested instead of just claiming. You on the other hand...

Reactions: FastFeary

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I think there should be more priests around towns. Like 3-4 or so moderate distance away from town. It's just way too easy to priestcamp with only having 1 priest in most places. Even if more priests won't solve the problem entirely it will atleast help in that zergs will need to spread out more if they want to cover all the priests, rather than camping 1 or 2 priests that is the closests.

Reactions: FastFeary