The speed gap.

Do you like the current speed gap?

• Yes, its fine as is.

• No, it needs to be larger.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Veela aren't just good at jumping off cliffs. The ability to jump full height in a combat sprint is HUGE. Their swimming bonus is also pretty nice and may be huge when naval combat becomes a thing depending on how water fights end up playing out. Greater stam regeneration when standing still can also be major depending on how well you make use of it. I personally am a huge fan of these types of bonuses over straight speed benefits as they reward creative play.

Like if we think Veela need a buff (I'm not so sure they do), I'd increase add add a 5% faster stam regen while walking (but not sprinting) into their 10% greater regen while standing still. Maybe pump those numbers further if they still need a little something.

Reactions: Gulith and Kebek

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
They definitely need a boost. If I dump 20 more into dex, I should be able to run away from you. Not be the best at hiding and jumping around.

Dex is an underpowered stat for sure atm. I'm just not sure speed is the way to fix it. I'd rather see the currently gimped weakspot chance turned into a real bonus. If you increase speed stout Veela will still be faster than any non-alvarin with 176 health. That's stupid good.

We know some stats have curved bonuses (as my graphs on int vs. magic damage show)

Why not make weakspotting an actual strong bonus such as increased damage on back hits, with a non-RNG payoff and have it only pick up after like 90-100 Dex and then give some kind of substantial bonus? That way 130 dex Veela actually does get some kind of really nifty bonus that a 90-something dex Thursar/Kallard/Ohgmir does not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gulith

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I'd much rather go back to 450 speed Veelas than to have weakspot rng nonsense everywhere. I can't think of anything worse than adding more rng to the game. I don't trust this game with a Backstab mechanic either given how wonky melee often is with the hit detection.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I want the RNG removed too. More RNG weakspot is not what I am suggesting at all.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Veela aren't just good at jumping off cliffs. The ability to jump full height in a combat sprint is HUGE. Their swimming bonus is also pretty nice and may be huge when naval combat becomes a thing depending on how water fights end up playing out. Greater stam regeneration when standing still can also be major depending on how well you make use of it. I personally am a huge fan of these types of bonuses over straight speed benefits as they reward creative play.

Like if we think Veela need a buff (I'm not so sure they do), I'd increase add add a 5% faster stam regen while walking (but not sprinting) into their 10% greater regen while standing still. Maybe pump those numbers further if they still need a little something.
Yeah the combat jumping increase is really nice. However, the rest of the bonuses are average at best. The stam regen buff is pretty meh especially considering you have to stand still. They ripped the stamina active we had (not sure if intentional or not). The swim bonus is nice, but extremely situational.

Why not make weakspotting an actual strong bonus such as increased damage on back hits, with a non-RNG payoff and have it only pick up after like 90-100 Dex and then give some kind of substantial bonus? That way 130 dex Veela actually does get some kind of really nifty bonus that a 90-something dex Thursar/Kallard/Ohgmir does not.
130 Dex veela? Thats like a little over 120 HP iirc. Sounds like a build that only thief would use. Nobody is going to use that in combat and get 2-3 shot.

There is very little reason to run Veela at all right now. As someone who was dead set on playing Veela at the start...they've only gotten nerfed and it seems they don't make the best anything. Even with their clades that do sound very good...in practice they just kinda aren't or are very situational that you hardly can take advantage of it. Sure they will make the best weakspot users...but weakspots are lame and the race could use better imo.

We need our speed back.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
We need our speed back.

The dexterity curve needs to be reworked considering how heavy SV relies on attribute points for balancing. Currently dex is shit compared other attributes but it still weighs in heavy overall. It should work in a way where khurite have a substantial benefit as well, since they pay for their caps without getting a significant use out of them.

Sadly this is mostly because of idiots repeating the slogan "speed is king" till it found a permanent place in Henriks brain. Which led to this whole mess instead of reasonable balancing by considering all factors (such as Con, dmg bonus and viability for hybrid play). Who knows maybe someone can crowbar it out of there. I doubt it though.

Reactions: cerqo and MolagAmur

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
The race and equipment balance is a complete joke right now anyways and its just gonna end up in a Thursar sword and bow meta on foot with Huergar mounted archers just deleting any mages for just being on the battlefield.

I can't see any solution for the mo1 style stat caps because theres still gonna be minmax builds that completely overshadow other options or have their own problems still like Tindremenes can have a ton of stats, but they still have hp that rivals Veelas because of their insanely low con, Oghmir having great caps but so few points to spend where it ends up in them usually being wheelchair.

If you gave more attribute points to Oghmir it could potentially break them, same for Tindremenes having more hp would overshadow Sheevras and Sarducaans.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Dex is an underpowered stat for sure atm. I'm just not sure speed is the way to fix it. I'd rather see the currently gimped weakspot chance turned into a real bonus. If you increase speed stout Veela will still be faster than any non-alvarin with 176 health. That's stupid good.

We know some stats have curved bonuses (as my graphs on int vs. magic damage show)

I think you're thinking too hard about it. That would only benefit people using weakspot weapons which I don't really like. Too easy to block middle attack over and over for me lol. I usually go for hybrid for their great ability to sustain which is useless if a heavy warrior can catch me in an open field.
Also 176 hp compared to 210+ is a huge difference.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
I think you're thinking too hard about it. That would only benefit people using weakspot weapons which I don't really like. Too easy to block middle attack over and over for me lol. I usually go for hybrid for their great ability to sustain which is useless if a heavy warrior can catch me in an open field.
Also 176 hp compared to 210+ is a huge difference.

the hp gap is gonna be the biggest factor for characters surviving now when 1 char can take 3 extra hits because of their con + size over a small character with low con.

Reactions: BongRips

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The dexterity curve needs to be reworked considering how heavy SV relies on attribute points for balancing. Currently dex is shit compared other attributes but it still weighs in heavy overall. It should work in a way where khurite have a substantial benefit as well, since they pay for their caps without getting a significant use out of them.

Sadly this is mostly because of idiots repeating the slogan "speed is king" till it found a permanent place in Henriks brain. Which led to this whole mess instead of reasonable balancing by considering all factors (such as Con, dmg bonus and viability for hybrid play). Who knows maybe someone can crowbar it out of there. I doubt it though.

I fully agree. Dex is bad, and "speed is king" while being a generally true statement in Open World PvP settings doesn't apply so much when we are talking differences of less than 10% between every viable non-mounted build.

I'd just like to see it brought about in a different way for multiple reasons. One huge one is Khurites are supposed to be good MOUNTED builds, and nowhere does good dex matter less than from the back of a mount. Personally I'd really like to see dex made relevant in the saddle as it might actually lend some small truth to the phrase that Khurites are the best riders in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xronim

Slize

Mar 11, 2021
I have played veela for 186hours now and iv tried few builds from 125 to 115 dex. Ofcorst i dont claim to be an exper. In MO1 i played Thursar so idk how speedy characters worked.

Hawing said that- i think having a character that can just turn around and escape at any time is very flustrating for everyone else.

I would look to increase dex value by different means than simply add more speed so that veelas are not dump and forgotten.

Veela gifts are very nice already but situational- and i think its ok.

Jumping with weapon Is huge BUT jumping consume alot of stamina so its also situational.

Ppl also seem to forget about speed buff. Yes its once per 10min but if you save it for the right moment its a life saver right there (saved my ass more than once). If anything i would increse the duration and we are golden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimandius

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Hawing said that- i think having a character that can just turn around and escape at any time is very flustrating for everyone else.
Whats frustrating is this community not wanting people to have the chance to avoid fights they don't want.

Also it was never as easy as turning around and escaping any time you want. As El Perro said, Thursar would sticky down Veela mages all the time if they knew what they were doing.

Slize

Mar 11, 2021
Whats frustrating is this community not wanting people to have the chance to avoid fights they don't want.

How do you tell difference between person who want to "avoid fights" or A dude who just killed your horse or stole your 75g book and you have no chance catching? Or a bandit who attacked you and he runs as soon as he start to loose ?
You want to avoid fights stay in town.
Also if you said Thursar could catch fast characters what are we discussing here ? Coz it sounds like contradition

Reactions: Rankor

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
A dude who just killed your horse
Put your horse in the stable and there's no horse for a naked veela to hit your horse for 30s. OR If a person is hitting your horse, they're grey..kill them.

rstole your 75g book and you have no chance catching?
Don't stand around a town AFK with books in your inventory. Not a hard thing to do.

Also if you said Thursar could catch fast characters what are we discussing here ?
In MO1, a Thursar player could catch an Alvarin with proper stam management, footwork and having a longer weapon usually helped. Now in MO2, a Thursar can just SHIFT W in a straight line and doesn't have to worry about stam management, because the speed gap is very close. Can literally sticky a mage with the shortest dagger in the game.

Alvarins have to invest 15 - 20 more attributes for their speed advantage in MO2, that is barely a speed advantage when other races are similar speeds and have more hp, stamina and damage than them. It's imbalanced. Any one who has PvP'd in the current state of MO2 or uses Alvarins understand this.

Slize

Mar 11, 2021
Put your horse in the stable and there's no horse for a naked veela to hit your horse for 30s. OR If a person is hitting your horse, they're grey..kill them.

Don't stand around a town AFK with books in your inventory. Not a hard thing to do.

In MO1, a Thursar player could catch an Alvarin with proper stam management, footwork and having a longer weapon usually helped. Now in MO2, a Thursar can just SHIFT W in a straight line and doesn't have to worry about stam management, because the speed gap is very close. Can literally sticky a mage with the shortest dagger in the game.

Alvarins have to invest 15 - 20 more attributes for their speed advantage in MO2, that is barely a speed advantage when other races are similar speeds and have more hp, stamina and damage than them. It's imbalanced. Any one who has PvP'd in the current state of MO2 or uses Alvarins understand this.

Thats totally not a point here but great advices otherwise :D

As i said - Dex value should be increased but idk if further buffing speed is the anwser