Taming

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
I try to tame animals (low chance of taming) but the skill does not increase! What could be the reason?

manure

May 7, 2022
I try to tame animals (low chance of taming) but the skill does not increase! What could be the reason?
Like... it could be so many things...
Are you sure the taming process is at least completing 1/4 of the circle ?... it only starts to gain after completing at least a quarter round..

Are you sure you have enough skill points ?

Whats your taming level at ?

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
Like... it could be so many things...
Are you sure the taming process is at least completing 1/4 of the circle ?... it only starts to gain after completing at least a quarter round..

Are you sure you have enough skill points ?

Whats your taming level at ?
i am Taming lev 71 und have 25 pet points

manure

May 7, 2022
i am Taming lev 71 und have 25 pet points
So, you found some crap like a bush pig for example, low chance to tame, and started taming... the circle went BEYOND 1/4 round, and you didnt gain ?
Or did you just attempt to tame, started it, but did not pass through the first quarter in the process ?

As I said before, you will only gain if the circle completes at least 1/4... and it gains slow...its like 9 points each 1/4 of the circle... and you need like 400 points for each Taming gain.

If the taming fails BEFORE completing at least 1/4 of the circle, you gain absolutely nothing.

Got it ?

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
So, you found some crap like a bush pig for example, low chance to tame, and started taming... the circle went BEYOND 1/4 round, and you didnt gain ?
Or did you just attempt to tame, started it, but did not pass through the first quarter in the process ?

As I said before, you will only gain if the circle completes at least 1/4... and it gains slow...its like 9 points each 1/4 of the circle... and you need like 400 points for each Taming gain.

If the taming fails BEFORE completing at least 1/4 of the circle, you gain absolutely nothing.

Got it ?
I have already tamed once with another character. I know how it works! Maybe I need to start with simple pigs. With bush pigs it does not work for me in any case.

update,
now I know why it does not work visibly. Domesticatoin slows down Taming. If I now tame, domestication increases to lev 72 and taming also increases from 71 to 72.

Last edited:

manure

May 7, 2022
I have already tamed once with another character. I know how it works! Maybe I need to start with simple pigs. With bush pigs it does not work for me in any case.

update,
now I know why it does not work visibly. Domesticatoin slows down Taming. If I now tame, domestication increases to lev 72 and taming also increases from 71 to 72.
AH yes... good one. Yes, it limits... You gotta put that crappy domestication skill at 100 first ! Read some books that are below its tree and it will get to 100 in no time !
Good luck.