Tamed bears are a predecessor of Death Knights

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Theres not a single sane person that will argue that Death Knights werent brokenly over powered in MO1. The fact we are already seeing max level bears being as strong as they are, being controlled by a single person is setting the predecent to bring back the DK's as they were.

A person should not be able to tame an NPC and have it do all the fighting for them with a press of a single button. The same as a person shouldnt be able to control some retarded raidboss monster that takes a group to kill and hits like an elite guard, LITERALLY STRONGER THAN LICTORS.

Tamed pets need to get balanced and nerfed hard so they dont replace ACTUAL PLAYERS.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I think bears now are stronger than death knights were, I doubt its intended, but you never know.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I don't see why they can't scale down the creatures stats when it gets tamed....every other game on the planet understands that dmg in PvE can't be the same as damage in PvP....get with the program SV.

Moebius

Nov 29, 2020
they won't change it. they will just keep adding stuff try to 'balance' it by breaking it and leaving it worse than it was before then move on to stack more half baked shit ontop.

Reactions: StreamerLord

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Theres not a single sane person that will argue that Death Knights werent brokenly over powered in MO1. The fact we are already seeing max level bears being as strong as they are, being controlled by a single person is setting the predecent to bring back the DK's as they were.

A person should not be able to tame an NPC and have it do all the fighting for them with a press of a single button. The same as a person shouldnt be able to control some retarded raidboss monster that takes a group to kill and hits like an elite guard, LITERALLY STRONGER THAN LICTORS.

Tamed pets need to get balanced and nerfed hard so they dont replace ACTUAL PLAYERS.
Elder blackbear hits for 4-5 damage on iron bone. Are you talking about brown bears?

Vergil

May 1, 2021
Ughh. I don't think we have Dominate implemented yet. Which I hope will be at some soon™ patch.
Soooo not sure what are you referring. In MO2 pets are hilariously bad.

That is, any pet in fact. Almost all skills related to the Tamer / Dominator "class" do not exist.
I'd suggest waiting for the actual implementation and then provide feedback.

And nerfing Dominators will just remove mages from PvE permanently, if you think about it.

Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
All animal stats are placeholders. They are intended to work like MO1 where the stats are a bit random. So I'd take the effectiveness of current animals with a grain of salt. I really hope eventually pet's strength comes more from managing them with abilities like a range in the original Guild Wars and less from just rushing forward and attacking.

That being said, as someone really wanting to get necromancy: if DKs make a return they should be equivalent in strength to a dominated pet and take creature control points. I love the idea of a DK and a dominated pet alongside eachother. And I love it because it's entirely broken and in no way should ever be allowed.

Reactions: Vergil

ixxxo

Mar 27, 2021
I don't see why they can't scale down the creatures stats when it gets tamed....every other game on the planet understands that dmg in PvE can't be the same as damage in PvP....get with the program SV.

If you ever tried taming, you would very fast understood that this is already in place. Try to tame lvl 80 Black bear and send it to fight young razorback. it will get absolutely destroyed. Tamed elder razorback hits for ~8, tamed BBear for ~11 with peak of about 30.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
If you ever tried taming, you would very fast understood that this is already in place. Try to tame lvl 80 Black bear and send it to fight young razorback. it will get absolutely destroyed. Tamed elder razorback hits for ~8, tamed BBear for ~11 with peak of about 30.

I stand corrected

Reactions: ixxxo

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
Its OP on a 1 vs 1, on a group fight it gets ridiculously clapped in 3 secs with arrow focus.
was about to say, you need a little squad of mages continously healing that thing because unless you ambush people nobody is engaging until that thing is popped.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Lol calling pets op when everyone has a bow is just funny, in mO1 almost every single pet has shit pierce resist, and i suspect mo2 to. Use that info how you like :)

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Set it and forget it is the issue with pets always has been (outside of the obviously broken ones in MO1)

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
was about to say, you need a little squad of mages continously healing that thing because unless you ambush people nobody is engaging until that thing is popped.

I mean, whats wrong on a 1 vs 1 being OP and bad on group pvp? that's exactly the purpose.

A "hunter" build with taming, beast mastery, archery, etc would be good for pve and 1 vs 1 but on group fights of course pets and mounts will be the first ones to get destroyed, I think is fine the way is it.

Let's wait however until end game dominator available creatures like mino guards and those big scarabs and see how OP are they.

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
I mean, whats wrong on a 1 vs 1 being OP and bad on group pvp? that's exactly the purpose.

A "hunter" build with taming, beast mastery, archery, etc would be good for pve and 1 vs 1 but on group fights of course pets and mounts will be the first ones to get destroyed, I think is fine the way is it.

Let's wait however until end game dominator available creatures like mino guards and those big scarabs and see how OP are they.
Yeah I don't hate it, it takes time and investment so its more to loose for the gain you get :D

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah I don't hate it, it takes time and investment so its more to loose for the gain you get :D

There will always be those that hate pets because it's a cheap way to win a fight because you didn't have to do more than hit 1 hotkey to get a kill, regardless of time invested. I don't mind pets as long as they are unable to 1-2 shot people or AoE unless it's a very small AoE.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Dark orders was a good balance option.
Elemental protectors were very balanced in terms of summoned pets.
Pet attack hotkey is skillless even if they give pets stamina.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021

I think is getting very popular here asking for nerfs/buffs for stuff that is not even 10% implemented on the game.

Beast mastery and tamer/dominator build is lacking half of its skills and we only have like what 10% of mobs in the game?

People trigger quickly the nerf hammer when in order to tame and train a bear to lvl 125 you have to spend a lot of time and it stills get chopped quickly in any decent team fight.

Reactions: ixxxo