Suggestion - Combat Speed

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Now knowing that the turn cap (swing release time) is being 'fixed' and or worked on, as well as a potential to see players ACTUALLY being able to reliably go around blocks / parries here soon - I have another topic I wanted to bring up with the community.

Has anyone else noticed how slow and sluggish the combat is at times? Almost anyone can parry you now, and even parry your ripostes effectively!

I personally think the combat should be a bit faster. You can watch anyone like Viknuss or Rolufe on how slow the combat is, doesn't help they aren't great PvP'ers to begin with but you'll notice a lot of times in their fighting that they just stand, parry, riposte, get their riposte parried, and the cycle continues.

Now I know this ties into more of just a 'dueling' issue. But I feel like the game wouldn't hurt from a bit of an increase in speed. Mostly weapon swings. Maybe when the swing release time is fixed this wont be such a problem, but right now it feels like stand and parry for most of the fighting - even in group fights.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
In addition to what you have said, actual movement (as in sprinting during a fight) isn't always the same speed, I'm not sure if it is a bug, or what. Also, from watching videos from other people's perspective it seems that not everyone swings at the same speed either. I see someone using the same weapon as me (before crafting) and theirs swings quickly across the screen when mine takes what seems like twice as long. They can release their swing while their opponent is in range. I have to release mine much earlier and still often the other person can run past and hit me and leave me swinging at the air behind them (this did get a little better when I could craft a faster weapon yesterday.) I hope that it is something that is being adjusted and it won't end up being like this in the final game.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I may be totally wrong, but from California with an avg 165-175 ping I feel like I can just sit back and watch people swing their weapon and tell they're much close to the server than me. My swings feel like they're so long and drawn out I'm surprised I've ever not been parried.

Reactions: Bremlin and Rorry

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Now knowing that the turn cap (swing release time) is being 'fixed' and or worked on, as well as a potential to see players ACTUALLY being able to reliably go around blocks / parries here soon - I have another topic I wanted to bring up with the community.

Has anyone else noticed how slow and sluggish the combat is at times? Almost anyone can parry you now, and even parry your ripostes effectively!

I personally think the combat should be a bit faster. You can watch anyone like Viknuss or Rolufe on how slow the combat is, doesn't help they aren't great PvP'ers to begin with but you'll notice a lot of times in their fighting that they just stand, parry, riposte, get their riposte parried, and the cycle continues.

Now I know this ties into more of just a 'dueling' issue. But I feel like the game wouldn't hurt from a bit of an increase in speed. Mostly weapon swings. Maybe when the swing release time is fixed this wont be such a problem, but right now it feels like stand and parry for most of the fighting - even in group fights.
Its hard to say that actually being able to see swing animations is a bad thing. Didn't like the old "parry based off of movement stuff" but maybe thats the way to go idk.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Another related thing that I hope they are removing is the need to delay attacking after a parry. Right now if I get a parry I have to wait slightly or I only get a slow, weak swing.