Stop INTING ME

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Have you tried the right click button. Mages shouldn't even be able to block, giving them shields was a huge oversight. Good change.

You literally posted a picture of a mage with a house on its back. Why would you think that's a good idea?

I'd argue for not being able to cast with shields equipped at all.

This is the way it was in MO1. Cant cast with ANYTHING equipped.

If people really want to cry SV should bring that back, and Henrik will have all the salt he needs to fill in Sausage lake.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
you dont need 100% mana regain and to think that you do says more about you than you realize.
you only need enough mana back to always be able to cast a lesser heal.
This is why magic in MO is designed like complete ass.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
That's basically what most footies think - mages should do nothing but heal them and unable to even defend themselves. Aaaaand please give us mage resist armor 'cuz we don't feel like sacrificing anything for psyche (yet we still call mages OP), also reflect changes were good.

Since 90% of the playerbase are footies no wonder we get shit changes like this.
Psy isnt a fair counter to mages either. You risk nothing and then mages do shit damage to you. Mages should need to actually risk something to do good damage through armor and fighters should need to risk something to prevent that.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That's basically what most footies think - mages should do nothing but heal them and unable to even defend themselves. Aaaaand please give us mage resist armor 'cuz we don't feel like sacrificing anything for psyche (yet we still call mages OP), also reflect changes were good.

Since 90% of the playerbase are footies no wonder we get shit changes like this.
If you played the first game you'd know what I'm referring to.

Mages weren't able to block and now they can. So the lack of having a stronghold on their back really shouldn't be anything to complain about.

Also I tend to main mage.

Last edited:

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
you dont need 100% mana regain and to think that you do says more about you than you realize.
Well I am not like the other mages, Ive always been offensive. I am not a healing bot. I have zombies that drain mana. While also going offensive. Its not playable to do that with 62%mana regin. I am down to wear only a shield. It just looks silly.
I have armor training on my mage, I had armor training on my fat mage in MO1 also. Perhaps you should suck it up buttercup and get armor training like everyone else. Or learn to run without a shield.
That is also silly, Even if i were to get armor traning it would still fuck up my mana even more.

Reactions: Tzone

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
Well I am not like the other mages, Ive always been offensive. I am not a healing bot. I have zombies that drain mana. While also going offensive. Its not playable to do that with 62%mana regin. I am down to wear only a shield. It just looks silly.

That is also silly, Even if i were to get armor traning it would still fuck up my mana even more.

not with your build.
Be a human or a fatmage if you want to do the things you want to do.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah the weird thing in the patch notes was they talked about 90% mana regen as if thats what people aimed for.

You have to wear rugged garments on most builds to get 90% regen and you dont wear rugged garments, they are worthless. So you might as well be naked.

They must be basing the mage game player off of really bad mage players.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I have armor training on my mage, I had armor training on my fat mage in MO1 also. Perhaps you should suck it up buttercup and get armor training like everyone else. Or learn to run without a shield.
so you were a bad mage player? I have 40 armor training I wear a 6 weight set because thats what you aim for man regen wise.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If you played the first game you'd know what I'm referring to.

Mages weren't able to block and now they can. So the lack of having a stronghold on their back really shouldn't be anything to complain about.

Also I tend to main mage.
It's not a first game. In MO2, shields on mages were part of an established balance. It wasn't OP and it worked. SV decided to simply break that balance.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

It is a trade off you need to make. Do you want to have defense or do you want mana regen. Congratulations!

giphy.gif

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Psy isnt a fair counter to mages either. You risk nothing and then mages do shit damage to you. Mages should need to actually risk something to do good damage through armor and fighters should need to risk something to prevent that.
Pyche is a trash counter. 62 psy alv only get a 14% damage reduction. Other builds have to sacrifice alot of atribute points for just increasing the number of t lashes it takes to kill a player by 1.

You have to reach 80 to 100 psy to see it be worth while. And at that time you had to pull points front some where else gimping the build.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Yall mfers so toxic. Lmao I just think it should go back to 4kg So you dont have naked dex mages with a door on their back bc that is just silly.

G Fkin G

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yall mfers so toxic. Lmao I just think it should go back to 4kg So you dont have naked dex mages with a door on their back bc that is just silly.

G Fkin G

The number of dex mages I have seen with a "door" on their back running around naked I can count one hand.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Can we talk about how fucked over the dex mages are by this? Like a mfer in full armor dex fighter gets to run at max speed, So the is just no option for the mage.

Reactions: Hodo
D

Deleted member 44

Tower shields are straight broken on mages even with the mana nerf. Use your brain and run one. Find out what happens.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Tower shields are straight broken on mages even with the mana nerf. Use your brain and run one. Find out what happens.
no, If u read my post u see what im bitching about. They also seem to make equipment hits hit harder. I used to run naked mage and take like 7 damage from a short bow. Now its like 22+

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
The number of dex mages I have seen with a "door" on their back running around naked I can count one hand.
ive never seen a more ironic name for the OP
All im saying is you can not be pure mage. You have to go dagger, which means you have to get some armor. It also means you need armor tanning. @8kg armor I have less then 55% mana regen. It makes you fulm the aggressor and then just charge with your dagger. If u have necromancy with dagger. It means you can only have 2 zombies out with 55% mana regen and you better save your mana for heals because you are so fucking gimped you can not be a mage. Bc you'll have no mana... Thus making you a gimped foot fighter essentially.

All anyone has said is get armor traning. But that means you are no longer a pure mage. Your 50/50 ff/mage. Nobody that has responded to this thread has said anything intelligent about the statement Im making...
Im am a PURE MAGE!
There only way to play mage is by gimping your mana. And that is the problem I want to see a solution to.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
All im saying is you can not be pure mage. You have to go dagger, which means you have to get some armor. It also means you need armor tanning. @8kg armor I have less then 55% mana regen. It makes you fulm the aggressor and then just charge with your dagger. If u have necromancy with dagger. It means you can only have 2 zombies out with 55% mana regen and you better save your mana for heals because you are so fucking gimped you can not be a mage. Bc you'll have no mana... Thus making you a gimped foot fighter essentially.

All anyone has said is get armor traning. But that means you are no longer a pure mage. Your 50/50 ff/mage. Nobody that has responded to this thread has said anything intelligent about the statement Im making...
Im am a PURE MAGE!
There only way to play mage is by gimping your mana. And that is the problem I want to see a solution to.

Slow down, and breathe, your spelling has gone to crap.

I play as a pure mage, I dont have daggers as a trained skill, I dont walk around with a door on my back. I have armor training at 50, but that is because I am a human and I want to wear something better than paper. Not that it matters, it is a plate or nothing game.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
no, If u read my post u see what im bitching about. They also seem to make equipment hits hit harder. I used to run naked mage and take like 7 damage from a short bow. Now its like 22+

This is because the damage hits the shield and then the torso... if you dont have decent chest armor on it doesnt matter what the shield is.