Steel is too heavy

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Steel is just too heavy. Only really Ogmirs can wear it with out skimping even with points into it and high STR.

Its not that ironbone nor molarium was too good or easy to get. Its that steel was just too heavy to wear even with heavy armor training and high STR.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
what do you mean "with out skimping"

They mean without 100%/100% on the slider.

There's definitely Core and Secondary material combos that you can 100%/100% and get lower weights that work for some human build's armor weight caps.

Solution: use the sliders. That's the entire point of the system.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Steel is just too heavy. Only really Ogmirs can wear it with out skimping even with points into it and high STR.

Its not that ironbone nor molarium was too good or easy to get. Its that steel was just too heavy to wear even with heavy armor training and high STR.
Steel is SUPPOSED to be heavy. Otherwise, it wouldn't be steel, it would be aluminum or something else.

Reactions: agui

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The only race that is not able to wear a full steel risar set is an Alvarin.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You shouldnt have to do go full str to beable to wear steel. High STR isnt the base line, you really dont need to be the strongest to wear these armors. The base line for str to wear steel should be lower then having to reach 115 and iron silk while. Why should I put the work into steel if I have to lower the sliders and use ironsilk at max str of around 115 human.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
You shouldnt have to do go full str to beable to wear steel. High STR isnt the base line, you really dont need to be the strongest to wear these armors. The base line for str to wear steel should be lower then having to reach 115 and iron silk while. Why should I put the work into steel if I have to lower the sliders and use ironsilk at max str of around 115 human.

If not needing to lower the sliders or change the material mix, then what benefit would having higher strength/con be when it comes to Armor weight caps? Humans are a versatile clade, not a min-max clade.

Just because something doesn't fit your desired build doesn't instantly justify change.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
If not needing to lower the sliders or change the material mix, then what benefit would having higher strength/con be when it comes to Armor weight caps? Humans are a versatile clade, not a min-max clade.

Just because something doesn't fit your desired build doesn't instantly justify change.
This guy has the right idea. Honestly Tzone, I think this game isn't for you.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Steel is SUPPOSED to be heavy. Otherwise, it wouldn't be steel, it would be aluminum or something else.
SV tricked you again. in MO2, metals, especially steel has one of the worst defense/weight ratio.
this is the opposite of how metal armor worked back in my days.

Reactions: 2022 and strycio

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
SV tricked you again. in MO2, metals, especially steel has one of the worst defense/weight ratio.
this is the opposite of how metal armor worked back in my days.

Except Henrik did say MO2 was supposed to be rebalanced around steel as the PvP standard

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
You need to craft it with Ironsilk. Steel must be heavy, so not all Player wear full steel. It is good if the Armor have a weakspot, becuase some Players might craft lighter boots or lighter arms. This make the Game more Skillbased. You need to identify the weak Parts of the Armor and aim for it like shown in this Picture, where you can clearly see the weakspot XD PS i don´t like the CHanges of the Khurite Splinted Armor ...

20210225181103_1.jpg

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Using not 100% sliders is a waste of steel. cuts a bit of weight, shits on the stats. system should just be removed so people cant ruin their armor by not making 100%. 80% steel IS merc plate cuts 2 weight and loses 4 slash over 100%. Ya still better than IB but still weighs infinitely more, and with how much mroe it costs, cutting the stats aint worth it to me. And this 80% set might still be too heavy.

The issue is we lost fillers. Very few people actually rolled full steel in MO1. We usually had shit boots gloves and shoulders to cut weight.

The good news is magic is broken and ignores armor so you dont need to worry about things like what armor to wear. Just wear IB and accept death lmao.

D

Deleted member 44

Learn to take a joke man. I haven’t rerolled a single time since the first test. Been playing a human foot fighter since day 1
How am I supposed to know you're "joking" through text? Furthermore, how do you even know what's balanced and not if you haven't played anything but human?

Pech

Sep 5, 2021
How am I supposed to know you're "joking" through text? Furthermore, how do you even know what's balanced and not if you haven't played anything but human?
by not taking everything too seriously and by fighting people in the game with different builds or talking to guildies who reroll and make builds for me. Not to mention we are talking about armor weight here not character builds

my guildies with heavy armor training don’t struggle to wear maxed out steel with zero compromises. I wouldn’t consider steel heavy for people who build into using heavy gear. its lighter (by almost half) than the average gear my members use.

Last edited: