Stances - Idea Suggestion.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Title says it well. This is about stances and how I think we could see some grand improvements for combat / the stance usages.

To start it off we all know that MO1 stances didn't do a lot or anything at all in some cases. Here I'll throw down some suggestions of things that can be done with stances for MO2. I would love to see this happen because it would make more out of the combat as well as give players something else to go for.

VIisuals: First thing with stances. It should change the animations of attack and general look to show off whatever stance is being used. Would like to see the holding position of weapons changed as it would give a different visual look for each stance. Then changing how the attack itself looks to give the stance its visual effect.

Different Stances: Now I'll go over different stances I think they could implement that would be interesting. Specializing each weapon user if they wanted to go purely into one type of combat. Also will add some bonus effects that could be added in. I feel the stances should just give a bonus and not a debuff, only for the reason that you would be putting primary skill points to them. These are all ideally primary skills that help you in combat only. I have also added a few other stances I think could be added to fill more of the game up with. You know, just stuff that could be implemented but may not be necessary.

Aggressive Stance: (Animation) Holds weapon slightly higher then normal, swings unchanged. (Buff) Parries on your attack become blocks.

Defensive Stance: ( Animation) Holds weapon centered with body, swings unchanged. (Buff) Longer Parry time + Small damage reduction.

Weapon Stances: ( Animation ) Wider footing and weapon placement depending on the weapon, gripping of the weapon too. Then new attack animation for each weapon stance. (Buff) Weapon gets quicker release time + roll/chance for dismount. (Naming) Fairly simple, Axe Stance, Spear Stance, Bow Stance ect.

Duel Weapon Stance: ( Animation ) No changes. (Buff) Has less stam drain. ** This is going off the idea i have posted in duel weapons requested by Seb. You'll see how the weapon system I would like to see as well as how it generally works.**

Crafting Stance: ( Animations ) No main changes, when crafting have the char more aggressive at the crafting of an item. (Buff) Reduces the material cost by 5%. *Low percentage because the main values in MO are the materials.

Gathering Stance: ( Animation ) No changes until gathering, . ( Buff ) Increases yield by 10%. * 10% is nothing..... just something for those gathering folks. ** This goes for anything relating to Gathering / Break downs, Butchery, Refining, ect..

Illusive Stance: ( Animation ) Changes the way the char stands when out of combat. Possibly could have knees and elbows bent some. ( Buff ) Reduces chance of being caught stealing. *Yes.... I thought of you thieves too.

Casting Stance: ( Animation) More aggressive stance when pole is in water. (Buff) Increase yield of caught fish by 15% * I love fish....

Construction Stance: ( Animation) No main changes, only when building, make them super aggressive. (Buff) Uses 10% more materials and increases building rate by 15%. * This only applies to player who are using the stance. More builders would be faster yet cost more overall. **LULS only stance with a reasonable downfall.**

Vendor Stance: ( Animation ) No main change, when trading they gain a slight wobble. (Buff) When trading increase chance of catching thieves + reduces vendor costs by 5% *Seemingly a useless skill unless you trade or buy frequently.

Riding Stance: ( Animation) Stand up leaning forward not sitting on mount. ( Buff) Increase speed by one gear when out of combat. ** Ideally only increase overall speed by 10-30 with same stam drain as being at max speed, when entering combat mount drops to 2nd gear instantly.

Zookeeper Stance: (Animation) No main changes, when taming the animations are different than normal taming. ( Buff ) Increase the chance of taming + quicker breeding times. ** Hoping they change breeding to be a harder thing to do. Example: Breeders now must be with the pets having them both out for 8 hours at the same time before you magically get a baby. I feel this would make breeding more valuable. Though I do hope they implement an afk remover to stop people from staying logged for leveling / easy breeding when they aren't really around.

This is all i have come up with at this time. With SV working so close with Epic I can see something this being added with ease. Would love to hear more about stances from SV and the community here as i think this could be a fun way to add more into the game. Also if these are all primaries it would enforce better trade base players to stick to what they focused on. I'm excited to hear some feedback and see where SV goes with Stances.

-Phen​

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Title says it well. This is about stances and how I think we could see some grand improvements for combat / the stance usages.

To start it off we all know that MO1 stances didn't do a lot or anything at all in some cases. Here I'll throw down some suggestions of things that can be done with stances for MO2. I would love to see this happen because it would make more out of the combat as well as give players something else to go for.

VIisuals: First thing with stances. It should change the animations of attack and general look to show off whatever stance is being used. Would like to see the holding position of weapons changed as it would give a different visual look for each stance. Then changing how the attack itself looks to give the stance its visual effect.

Different Stances: Now I'll go over different stances I think they could implement that would be interesting. Specializing each weapon user if they wanted to go purely into one type of combat. Also will add some bonus effects that could be added in. I feel the stances should just give a bonus and not a debuff, only for the reason that you would be putting primary skill points to them. These are all ideally primary skills that help you in combat only. I have also added a few other stances I think could be added to fill more of the game up with. You know, just stuff that could be implemented but may not be necessary.

Aggressive Stance: (Animation) Holds weapon slightly higher then normal, swings unchanged. (Buff) Parries on your attack become blocks.

Defensive Stance: ( Animation) Holds weapon centered with body, swings unchanged. (Buff) Longer Parry time + Small damage reduction.

Weapon Stances: ( Animation ) Wider footing and weapon placement depending on the weapon, gripping of the weapon too. Then new attack animation for each weapon stance. (Buff) Weapon gets quicker release time + roll/chance for dismount. (Naming) Fairly simple, Axe Stance, Spear Stance, Bow Stance ect.

Duel Weapon Stance: ( Animation ) No changes. (Buff) Has less stam drain. ** This is going off the idea i have posted in duel weapons requested by Seb. You'll see how the weapon system I would like to see as well as how it generally works.**

Crafting Stance: ( Animations ) No main changes, when crafting have the char more aggressive at the crafting of an item. (Buff) Reduces the material cost by 5%. *Low percentage because the main values in MO are the materials.

Gathering Stance: ( Animation ) No changes until gathering, . ( Buff ) Increases yield by 10%. * 10% is nothing..... just something for those gathering folks. ** This goes for anything relating to Gathering / Break downs, Butchery, Refining, ect..

Illusive Stance: ( Animation ) Changes the way the char stands when out of combat. Possibly could have knees and elbows bent some. ( Buff ) Reduces chance of being caught stealing. *Yes.... I thought of you thieves too.

Casting Stance: ( Animation) More aggressive stance when pole is in water. (Buff) Increase yield of caught fish by 15% * I love fish....

Construction Stance: ( Animation) No main changes, only when building, make them super aggressive. (Buff) Uses 10% more materials and increases building rate by 15%. * This only applies to player who are using the stance. More builders would be faster yet cost more overall. **LULS only stance with a reasonable downfall.**

Vendor Stance: ( Animation ) No main change, when trading they gain a slight wobble. (Buff) When trading increase chance of catching thieves + reduces vendor costs by 5% *Seemingly a useless skill unless you trade or buy frequently.

Riding Stance: ( Animation) Stand up leaning forward not sitting on mount. ( Buff) Increase speed by one gear when out of combat. ** Ideally only increase overall speed by 10-30 with same stam drain as being at max speed, when entering combat mount drops to 2nd gear instantly.

Zookeeper Stance: (Animation) No main changes, when taming the animations are different than normal taming. ( Buff ) Increase the chance of taming + quicker breeding times. ** Hoping they change breeding to be a harder thing to do. Example: Breeders now must be with the pets having them both out for 8 hours at the same time before you magically get a baby. I feel this would make breeding more valuable. Though I do hope they implement an afk remover to stop people from staying logged for leveling / easy breeding when they aren't really around.

This is all i have come up with at this time. With SV working so close with Epic I can see something this being added with ease. Would love to hear more about stances from SV and the community here as i think this could be a fun way to add more into the game. Also if these are all primaries it would enforce better trade base players to stick to what they focused on. I'm excited to hear some feedback and see where SV goes with Stances.

-Phen​
Yes! As the master of Ataru form I must say it needs to come back. As well as with more aggressive stances.

actual footage of me at 2:06

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Yes! As the master of Ataru form I must say it needs to come back. As well as with more aggressive stances.

actual footage of me at 2:06

Yes more aggressive stances. I wanna see these chars look like they are working. Its to casual for me after I read the lore they have. Plus who doesn't wanna have a visual change when they get a passive ability. Just would give more to the feeling of the lore and give us the ability to show off without really showing off.

I can see it now, peopling selling nudies of their characters doing all the stances.. Im loving this suggestion more and more!

luls, what no one like quick beastly jumping elfings? Ehhh screw em.. they jealous.

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I can see it now, peopling selling nudies of their characters doing all the stances.. Im loving this suggestion more and more!

luls, what no one like quick beastly jumping elfings? Ehhh screw em.. they jealous.
Onlyvarins

but yeah alvarin master race

Reactions: Phen

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
i wrote my thoughts up in a separate post because I hadnt seen this one.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
i wrote my thoughts up in a separate post because I hadnt seen this one.

Yeah i figured as much due to all the posting that's going on. Thanks for adding it in!