Stamina is now absolute trash with new patch

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
So, multiple threads have been made over the past few months complaining that it felt like we did not have enough stamina, or that we stam'd out too quickly in this game. Some people say TTL is too long- well yeah, because everyone is waiting on stamina to regen before they can finish off any player. Now, I'm not sure what changes were made this patch, but it is significantly worse. Just forget about playing melee if you had a fancy fighting style that involved skillful footwork and such, because you can barely get any stamina just standing still and parrying.

So, consistent complaints that stamina usage felt like trash, that stam regen penalties needed to be adjusted, how bad the game felt with how quickly stamina runs out- and StarVault's design change is to make it significantly worse? I spent several hours dueling/fighting today and it feels just awful. With over 1500 hours under my belt, I've never felt less motivated to play than when I discovered how easily I stam out now. All the time. Why run, why move, why even swing my weapon. Veela is going to be king again because of their stam regen clades combined with their speed, everyone will stam out trying to run and swing on a veela.

Was anyone even saying 'gee starvault I never stam out, can you adjust this?' Because I never saw that. All I saw was the opposite, consistently the opposite feedback that we need more stamina or it needs to regen much more quickly. And now it's garbage. It is not fun gameplay to die because you're out of stamina and can't parry. It's not fun gameplay to be unable to escape because you're out of stamina. Low stamina does not make for a higher skillcap. Who the hell thinks watching a yellow bar is fun gameplay? Oh boy, here I go carefully managing my stamina again. It's so hard to watch a yellow bar, it takes great skill to DO NOTHING SO THAT I CAN GET STAMINA.

This is horrible.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
Stam regenerates well with lighter armor. Can't wait for more medium armors to come out so people can start funneling in there for stam regen-friendly combat and more agile footwork :). Heavy armor is heavy. It's exhausting.

Reactions: Moored

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You also lose stamina if you are hit while moving now which is great for zergs.

Reactions: LordMega

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
i stam out just trying to parry in 1v2..and i have 387stamina. maybe ill just reroll in veela hybrid. sad that a pure warrior stams out so quick even using a 1.90 steel blade.

Reactions: LordMega

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
It just boggles my mind that this is such an issue. Okay, if you think that the consistent feedback that we run out of stamina much too quickly and regen it much too slowly is wrong, fine, even though I've never seen a player claim the opposite. Fine, you disagree as a dev, okay. But then to go and do the opposite, to make everyone have even less stamina, to lose stamina on damage- why? If you wanted to make this change, you should have first buffed stamina by making everyone use like 25%+ less stamina, or making stamina regen faster. Then it could come out as balanced.

Furthermore, this design, as Tzone said, encourages zerg play. We have an ENTIRE mechanic specifically, supposedly, as an anti-zerg mechanic in the form of Counter Reduction. Even though it changes the 1v1 gameplay/meta/melee balance. Fine. But then you go and make it so that someone can stam you out by spamming attacks on you. Why? Who is in charge of combat balance, and why are they getting it so very wrong?

Some of the game's top players were already complaining about stamina, and now it's even harsher and much less fun. Honestly my mind is blown. Fighting is not fun right now. Most of the time I die now, it is because I am out of stamina and I simply can't do anything to get enough back to deal with the situation. Anyone who thinks changing my armor type to fix this is clearly inexperienced; getting 5-10% more stamina regen is absolutely nothing for this, it's a drop in the bucket. Someone told me you lose 15 stamina on being hit, let's do some math really quick- most players have 300-400 stam (I think max is like 396, on an oghmir), so that means just 2 hits will take around 10% of your stamina off you. Your armor class being light or heavy is worth about 2 hits with this mechanic in.

Absurd.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They really need someone whos actually puts the hours in to the game and understands the combat on the internal test or dev team. Devs please just stop touching theses things when you dont have the experience and wont listen to others.

Its takes a big streamer to convince the devs to revert or adjust something they tend to just ignore the feedback and pass it off as preference differences. I doubt they will listen anymore when you tell them hey this was a bad change please undo it.

Reactions: cerqo

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This game is doomed to be mounted only. They should just remove foot and make it so you can spawn a mount with magic at this point. Playing foot anything in MO2 completely sucks and is a waste of time. World is massive, and foot gameplay is bad. The only reason anyone should ever be on foot at this point, is walking to a mount, or because their mount died fighting other mounted.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
This game is doomed to be mounted only. They should just remove foot and make it so you can spawn a mount with magic at this point. Playing foot anything in MO2 completely sucks and is a waste of time. World is massive, and foot gameplay is bad. The only reason anyone should ever be on foot at this point, is walking to a mount, or because their mount died fighting other mounted.

Bcause they made a real size worldmap... Too massive and boring honestly. If the horse dies into the wild better suicide and homepriest. A fix would be hundreds of donkey spawns every 5 minutes

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Nobody likes this change. Every time I explain that people lose stamina on being hit, everyone is repulsed by the idea. It's very imbalanced at the moment, nobody likes it, it is terrible Please fix this.

Reactions: cerqo

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
abuse gripped handle molarium or flakestone boar spears, insane reach and extremely spammy like a dagger in terms of charge speed is sure to drain someones stamina dry before they can even react, its hilarious. it also does more damage than the daggers too, enjoy while it lasts XD

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You also lose stamina if you are hit while moving now which is great for zergs.
Nothing new. Noticed that one already a few months back.

I'm playing my veela "footfighter" with 7kg armor with a 4kg flanged mace. Stamina drain seems to be okayish. But I don't want to know how stamina drain is in a 17 or 27 kg armor. :D
Seems like there is finally reason to also play low armor weight fighters.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Yes the new stamina changes are utter and complete dogshit. Less stam to work with makes the game less skillbased and more zerg friendly, the COMPLETE opposite direction that the combat should be moving in.

If this is not caused by some bug, then time again SV proves that whoever the fuck is in charge of the balancing department is utterly incompetent.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Yes the new stamina changes are utter and complete dogshit. Less stam to work with makes the game less skillbased and more zerg friendly, the COMPLETE opposite direction that the combat should be moving in.

If this is not caused by some bug, then time again SV proves that whoever the fuck is in charge of the balancing department is utterly incompetent.

The thing is, they continually put these undocumented combat changes in like we're not going to notice suddenly having no stamina all the time. It's been one of the most consistently complained about things. Not as much as rep, but you have to do a decent bit of fighting on the regular to notice it, so a lot of people are still unaware of the mechanics with stamina right now. Every time I make someone aware, they hate it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Are you able to specify exactly what changed with stamina

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Are you able to specify exactly what changed with stamina
Its 15 stam loss per hit I believe. And the stam is already scuffed from the regen penalty so that is applied on top of the issue.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Get that light armor, it's like do you wanna take 40s and be able to run around or do you wanna take 20-25s and be flat footed. It's not ideal, but it's interesting for balance I think. It just sucks that it also works so well for magi ofr hybrid. If there were more athletic based action skills like climbing on top of jumping, etc, then you could really have light armor fighters, cuz that's a legit thing, dudes in the trees and stuff haha.

If you think about it, it should be easier to swing your wep and everything if you have on less armor. That would be 'skill based.'

Reactions: Najwalaylah