Something positive.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Are you kidding ?
You re not serious, are you ?
What am I going to do on the road ?

I will CAMP the road to murder caravans, for example !
People carrying good stuff will be assassinated on the roads by marauders... Thats what happens on full loot games.
So, travellers have to either risk themselvs on the road or choose hidden paths to cross from a town to another...
This is the logic... Thats what made this game GREAT.

Now if you can travel on a safe land with absolutely ZERO risk of being murdered, whats the point of this game ?
Nothing different from all other trash MMOs out there.
Worthless

use it to your advantage, use the guards to protect you running parcels then grief off road :eek:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yea on a positive note. Forests look very pretty. I sometimes just get off my horse in the middle of a forest and sit down in the middle of the lushness, to just bask in all the gorgeous foliage and watch the sun rays coming through the trees…

And now i have wolves on me….with bears…AND outlaws just pawned. And i just DCed……Son of Biiii…

manure

May 7, 2022
use it to your advantage, use the guards to protect you running parcels then grief off road :eek:
Non sense !
Im red... guards wont protect me on the parcel runs !😁🤨

But seriously...
Guards on the roads was a bad idea !
I hope they reconsider it and remove them... or weaken them

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I haven't been much online since the ue5 update, and I only saw the towers on the tindrem - Fab road/including the river south of that.
The towers there are far enough apart to accommodate ambushes. But not by a single player, unless its a maxed MA. I hear that there are only towers near towns too.
If your playstyle is only to fight near town and on the roads, your playstyle is mostly fucked now. I see that. Two elite guards per tower is a bit too much imo.
What if it was 3 ordinary guards instead? A small group can kill them, but they still offer some refuge against solo player bandits?

The worst thing about the towers is being rectified; some of them dropped on top of player villages, effectively evicting the criminals from their homes.

Reactions: Amadman

manure

May 7, 2022
I haven't been much online since the ue5 update, and I only saw the towers on the tindrem - Fab road/including the river south of that.
The towers there are far enough apart to accommodate ambushes. But not by a single player, unless its a maxed MA. I hear that there are only towers near towns too.
If your playstyle is only to fight near town and on the roads, your playstyle is mostly fucked now. I see that. Two elite guards per tower is a bit too much imo.
What if it was 3 ordinary guards instead? A small group can kill them, but they still offer some refuge against solo player bandits?

The worst thing about the towers is being rectified; some of them dropped on top of player villages, effectively evicting the criminals from their homes.
Yes... making guards weaker would be acceptable.
Insta killing guards is disappointing.

And you re right... some towers are located right next to criminal houses... how are they supposed to go home now with tindrem elite guards on their garden one shot killing them ?

There are several flaws on this badly thought idea...
Thats why I still have hopes they re gonna change something related to these tower guards

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
And you re right... some towers are located right next to criminal houses... how are they supposed to go home now with tindrem elite guards on their garden one shot killing them ?
They are offering to move those villages. I think you have to contact LGM Discord, there is news about this on discord forums.

manure

May 7, 2022
They are offering to move those villages. I think you have to contact LGM Discord, there is news about this on discord forums.
Thats very bad news !
It means they re not considering to remove these pathetic guard towers from the game...

Imagine if someone travelled back to the past, maybe in december 2021, and met Henrik... and asked him on that time : "Henrik, what do you think about filling Mortal Online world with elite guards, creating safe areas to help players not get killed on a full loot game" ??

Im sure he would say :
"Get out here, damned Trammelian... Go back to your pathetic little ordinary MMOs... My game is Mortal Online ! Its hardcore...The players dont need NPCs to protect them. They can use their own brains !"

He attracted thousands of players in 2022 with this idea of no safe area...
And now, screws up with everything...
Blargh