Solution for Reds(Murderers)

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
As it stands there are only a few areas in the game where Reds can spawn and craft. I do believe SV is on the right track with Reds in making them have to travel great distance to Blue hotspots with the exception of Kranesh. However I believe Reds should have viable ways to spawn, regear and play the game. Currently the only areas they can do this are spawn camped(reportedly) and they are many times locked out of the game.

My solution:

1. Remove Red priests from all lawless towns including Kranesh.

2. Increase number of Red priests globally, keeping them in remote areas.

3. Introduce crafting areas near or at remote Red priests (No banks). You could call these nomadic crafting areas. Provide utility and equipment vendor.

What my solution provides:

A method for solo or small Red groups to spawn and regear. Also it provides a Red hotspot for Blues that are hunting reds. There will be no banks at these nomadic crafting sites so the potential reward for hunting reds in these areas or ambushing them as they craft will be high. Reds will still have to venture to Lawless towns or camps to bank making their lives inconvenient but plausible. Ideally the crafting areas and priests should be at least 1.5km away from the closest lawless town/camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgr

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Can I ask you

How they will regear without bank access?

Punch pigs, get bones, make gear. After they get a basic gearset they'll have to go harvest better materials and return for a better gear set.

There will still be banks and crafting in lawless towns/camps. Just no priests for reds. If they want to camp the town they have a long walk back, just like they have a long walk to any blue town.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Gear made of bones for reds.. Ok

I would suggest bron greatblade with blackwood handle to that set

• Haha
Reactions: Rhias

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Yeah, I'm inclined to put this under the completely aisinine idea. There are currently red Hotspot that blues who want to hunt reds can do that, they are called lawless towns. What you idea actually does is makes it so blues can goes to these spots and free farm red players.

Lawless towns right now are the closest thing you can get to player cities and your big idea is to make it so the players that live in those cites cant spawn there?

And your potential rewards comment is just ignorant, this entire idea comes off as someone that is very salty they got killed and wants to punish all red players because of it.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah idea makes the opposite of sense. Griefing happens because of a lack of content. Should just add more stuff for PVP players to do and then they'll be too busy to grief random noobs for entertainment. I feel like all pvp games should implement something similar to hell gates for albion online. It's honestly the best feature in AO and just a good feature in general for PvP games. Gives PvP players a constant source of fighting and loot and keeps them away from just killing someone mining granum

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah idea makes the opposite of sense. Griefing happens because of a lack of content. Should just add more stuff for PVP players to do and then they'll be too busy to grief random noobs for entertainment. I feel like all pvp games should implement something similar to hell gates for albion online. It's honestly the best feature in AO and just a good feature in general for PvP games. Gives PvP players a constant source of fighting and loot and keeps them away from just killing someone mining granum
I put it in another thread but no joke I feel better that there is people who can read

Edit:

I don’t know what you said about other games but yes it’s all about content

Red guys same nice guys come here to play just like we are

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Cmon machito

Let people talk don’t be aggressive plz

I'm not being aggressive. This idea has been re-hashed and re-posted.. let me see.. five times so far. That's within a weeks time too.

The idea is also just something that shouldn't be entertained.

People wanting changes to red towns is absurd. Players who PvP are already shoe horned into a very specific way of playing, and here we have people now trying to push for them to be pushed out of the towns they're SUPPOSED to be living in for their actions. Like.. it's just a super backwards way of thinking.

@Sneed You can't be spawn camped. It's literally impossible to be spawn camped. I'm not sure why a lot of people think you get spawn camped in MO, but it's one of the few games with a respawn mechanic where you DONT get forced to respawn (Outside of spiritism in MO1, perhaps in MO2 soon). You choose when to respawn, and where.

Some people are so out of touch, and I can tell it's mostly new players who are ignorant of how things work or people riding the bait-train to just rile people up.. which hey, it's working to an extent.

Now if you wanted to suggest adding these camps alongside towns having red priests.. Then sure, I'd agree with you. But gutting red priests from red towns is just.. not smart.

The only kind of priest change I'd acknowledge in red towns is each red town should have two priests in opposite positions to one another. However.. with how resurrections work alongside the game still having a pretty high defensive / ping based meta, someone who is much better then you can beat you with a worn shortsword that doesn't drop on death because you..

1.) Spawn with full HP unless reserves are low.
2.) Can repeat it multiple times before your reserves take a hit.

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Yeah, I'm inclined to put this under the completely aisinine idea. There are currently red Hotspot that blues who want to hunt reds can do that, they are called lawless towns. What you idea actually does is makes it so blues can goes to these spots and free farm red players.

Lawless towns right now are the closest thing you can get to player cities and your big idea is to make it so the players that live in those cites cant spawn there?

And your potential rewards comment is just ignorant, this entire idea comes off as someone that is very salty they got killed and wants to punish all red players because of it.

As of right now most Reds cannot actually spawn in and make use of lawless towns because the crafting, banking and spawning is concentrated so few areas they can essentially be locked down by the biggest guild.

My proposition provides an avenue for solo and small groups of reds to enter the game.

I will mention that blues rarely venture to red towns for PvP because the reward is very small as all valuables will be banked. Reds using nomadic sites will not have the luxury of a bank.

Current mechanic is toxic to the game and will in the long run promote nut-cupping and zerg alliances of reds because in order for them to even spawn and play the game they will need to control the city they wish to spawn at.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
This is kind of a silly suggestion that comes from the premature priest change and new players who didn't not understand the consequences of becoming a murderer before doing so (or did and didn't realize the kran boy's are pretty territorial)

If you go red prematurely I'd suggest waiting out the murders, allying yourself with the kran boys (join a guild that is allied) or reroll and be more careful.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Now if you wanted to suggest adding these camps alongside towns having red priests.. Then sure, I'd agree with you. But gutting red priests from red towns is just.. not smart.

The only kind of priest change I'd acknowledge in red towns is each red town should have two priests in opposite positions to one another.

Agreed, if these camps are added but the priests not removed from red cities that's not a horrible change, but kind of short sighted.

Why not just make these camps as a red for reds using housing? Just a thought.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Agreed, if these camps are added but the priests not removed from red cities that's not a horrible change, but kind of short sighted.

Why not just make these camps as a red for reds using housing? Just a thought.

I'm not sure I fully understand the second part of your suggestion? Mind elaborating a bit more, or explaining it differently? Thanks in advance.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
As of right now most Reds cannot actually spawn in and make use of lawless towns because the crafting, banking and spawning is concentrated so few areas they can essentially be locked down by the biggest guild.

My proposition provides an avenue for solo and small groups of reds to enter the game.

I will mention that blues rarely venture to red towns for PvP because the reward is very small as all valuables will be banked. Reds using nomadic sites will not have the luxury of a bank.

Current mechanic is toxic to the game and will in the long run promote nut-cupping and zerg alliances of reds because in order for them to even spawn and play the game they will need to control the city they wish to spawn at.
I see that you want to help but you know I will try with example from reality

When you just start working with 0 experience in big unique company with people who more or less working there for many many years (yeah you worked before and maybe a lot but it was not quite the same)

And you come there and start giving them advices that they have heard hundred times and seen end result but you keep talking because you very enthusiastic

You know that kind of situation?

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I see that you want to help but you know I will try with example from reality

When you just start working with 0 experience in big unique company with people who more or less working there for many many years (yeah you worked before and maybe a lot but it was not quite the same)

And you come there and start giving them advices that they have heard hundred times and seen end result but you keep talking because you very enthusiastic

You know that kind of situation?

This is a pretty good analogy. A lot of people like to water this down and say "Ah it's just salty, bitter MO1 vets who hate the new game." but the thing is a lot of us who played MO1 have seen MANY variations of ideas, and we know they don't work.. so instead of repeating the same mistakes we'd rather try for solutions that we believe would work given our experience with the many variations.. as we can take from good, bad, and neutral changes made and potentially form a great change.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
This is a pretty good analogy. A lot of people like to water this down and say "Ah it's just salty, bitter MO1 vets who hate the new game." but the thing is a lot of us who played MO1 have seen MANY variations of ideas, and we know they don't work.. so instead of repeating the same mistakes we'd rather try for solutions that we believe would work given our experience with the many variations.. as we can take from good, bad, and neutral changes made and potentially form a great change.
Exactly they can’t even imagine how deep is the shit we get thru and we still here because we love mo and papa Henrick

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sneed I'm w/ you cept the no bank thing makes no sense. lool. Small camps for players to gear up at... whether it's blue or red w/e, is good. People can ambush them at the tables, too, if they are mad enough. It's already putting them in a precarious position, why would you say they gotta punch pigs LOL.

Basically: the solutions to PKers should not include... excessive, needless travel (parcels, priest) or punching pigs! Please. Alliteration.

I also think they should have ones close enough to town to have broker access. Broker is a big thing and there's no reason why some smuggler couldn't run broker, esp w/ an extra tax.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I'm not sure I fully understand the second part of your suggestion? Mind elaborating a bit more, or explaining it differently? Thanks in advance.

The second part wasn't necessarily directed at you. But the idea would be to build houses near the red priests with crafting benches in them, unlocked for anyone to use (in a sense creating these 'red camps' OP suggested). Tbh I haven't dug into housing so idk what benches are availabile.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
The second part wasn't necessarily directed at you. But the idea would be to build houses near the red priests with crafting benches in them, unlocked for anyone to use (in a sense creating these 'red camps' OP suggested). Tbh I haven't dug into housing so idk what benches are availabile.
Oh okay. I kind of figured that was what you meant, but wasn't sure.

So just to clarify you were suggesting players actually build around these new camps to form new 'red towns'. I mean.. It's not a bad idea honestly. It just REALLY DEPENDS on where the priest is. There's a big difference in doing something because it benefits you, then doing something to benefit others which could potentially hurt you.