Solution for Reds(Murderers)

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
If you have a group of 2-3 people you are good man. That's 2-3 houses and 2-3 crafting benches. Take a little time before you start murdering mindlessly to get a house and some goods and build a base of operations out somewhere.

I don't see how leaving the priests in the red towns tips the favor to being red over blue. These camps your talking about don't have banks, so you're using low tier materials you can get from simple animals in the vicinity.

I need more explanation as to how it tips the favor to being red. You're assuming I know what you know.

We will assume that large groups of Reds will maintain control of Red cities post update. They will now have control of key towns plus the mobility and flexibility of the remote crafting sites. There must be some give and take here. Adding in remote crafting sites will undoubtedly buff Reds, removing Red priests from lawless cities will undoubtedly nerf Reds. However the buff will primarily be to solo and small group reds and the nerf to large group reds as solo/small group reds are denied city access on most occasions anyway. Banking will still be extremely difficult for a Solo red player. They will have to play cautiously, potentially scouting cities for lengthy times and storing their goods in their horses until they can bank making them lucrative targets for both blues and reds.

However the most important thing is that they will be allowed to exist where as currently they are arguably not.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game needs survival crafter and other survival mechanics so you dont have to live out of towns.

How many months ago was campfires supposedly next week.

You got a big ass map yet you have to find a crafting bench to do anything. You cant even pic a stick up to use as a weapon.
To get a craftig bench you need to pay 300 gold for a house, build it with hours of work, then go to a m

Would be cool if you could just make a camp fires and then make lower dura weapons outof it that are stone/bone/wood only. Or armor that is soft only. And then have one way to bury loot.

I would love to see bandit rep for red players so we could go to bandit camps to use their benches and stuff. And then I would love to see guard camps of the empires like how risars and bandits have camps but with guards.

I would farm guards all day long and noob could run to those camps if they are being attacked to maybe get some protection or make their attackers lose more rep.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
We will assume that large groups of Reds will maintain control of Red cities post update. They will now have control of key towns plus the mobility and flexibility of the remote crafting sites. There must be some give and take here. Adding in remote crafting sites will undoubtedly buff Reds, removing Red priests from lawless cities will undoubtedly nerf Reds. However the buff will primarily be to solo and small group reds and the nerf to large group reds as solo/small group reds are denied city access on most occasions. Banking will still be extremely difficult for a Solo red player. They will have to play cautiously, potentially scouting cities for lengthy times and storing their goods in their horses until they can bank making them lucrative targets for both blues and reds.

However the most important thing is that they will be allowed to exist where as currently they are arguably not.

The large guilds that own these cities will have spiritist mages that act like the current priests, just no one else can spawn there. They'll still have the mobility of these new camps and still live out of the cities, with a new inconvenience.

I'm not against removing the priests once they add priests to housing, but I don't think it's necessary or as big of a deal as you make it seem.

The act of scouting to bank in kran will stay the same for solo players regardless of the priest being there or not. Now they just don't have the option to try and rez there.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Game needs survival crafter and other survival mechanics so you dont have to live out of towns.

How many months ago was campfires supposedly next week.

You got a big ass map yet you have to find a crafting bench to do anything. You cant even pic a stick up to use as a weapon.
To get a craftig bench you need to pay 300 gold for a house, build it with hours of work, then go to a m

Would be cool if you could just make a camp fires and then make lower dura weapons outof it that are stone/bone/wood only. Or armor that is soft only. And then have one way to bury loot.

I would love to see bandit rep for red players so we could go to bandit camps to use their benches and stuff. And then I would love to see guard camps of the empires like how risars and bandits have camps but with guards.

I would farm guards all day long and noob could run to those camps if they are being attacked to maybe get some protection or make their attackers lose more rep.

This is probably a better solution than adding static camps around the priests. You get the same result (pig armor) without the addition of static crafting tables that gives the red guilds the mobility you're worried about.

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
The large guilds that own these cities will have spiritist mages that act like the current priests, just no one else can spawn there. They'll still have the mobility of these new camps and still live out of the cities, with a new inconvenience.

I'm not against removing the priests once they add priests to housing, but I don't think it's necessary or as big of a deal as you make it seem.

The act of scouting to bank in kran will stay the same for solo players regardless of the priest being there or not. Now they just don't have the option to try and rez there.

The inconvenience is the important part. The more large groups of Reds are inconvenienced the better. We cannot make it more favorable to be Red over Blue. It is fundamentally bad game design. You may argue that current mechanics are enough but I argue that buffing reds at all currently will be going overboard.

Therefore the only logical option is "give and take".

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
The inconvenience is the important part. The more large groups of Reds are inconvenienced the better. We cannot make it more favorable to be Red over Blue. It is fundamentally bad game design. You may argue that current mechanics are enough but I argue that buffing reds at all currently will be going overboard.

Therefore the only logical option is "give and take".

It's really not that big of an inconvenience tho. Throw a house up in the hills behind kran (they already have) and put a priest in it (when they make that available) now that priest has just changed locations but it's effectively still there. It is open to siege but I still don't think it's a huge inconvenience for a large enough guild.

Anywho I'm now more interested in Tzone's idea of a player made campfire with simple bone weapons/armor/tools made at some level of less effective than at a true workbench. This would be almost exclusively beneficial to the solo/small group player.