So I made my way to Toxai and now what?

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
Hi @ all!

Just made my way from Fabernum to Toxai, then lost all my equipment cause of falling off some cliffs into a crevice and now here I am!
Without pants and empty pockets (There are no pants, so there are no pockets...)
I not even have a crappy starter-sword and weapons at the vendor are starting at 20 silver. (10 silver at auction house maybe if you are lucky)

There also seems to be no graveyard or adventure zone
Wood and rocks can only be gathered with a melee weapon.
I remember there is a pickaxe for 5 silver (?)

So I guess I have to punch some rabbits and other small animals (which do not exist or at least are very rare in the city surroundings)
Or collect some pickable plants and Gherkins (which seem to be also rare and do not give that much of a coin)

So this is really the way to do it? Grind some plants till you can afford a pickaxe, then grind some rocks and wood to sell them or make gear, next walk up the long road (which takes like forever without a horse), to finally reach more landscapes of emptyness?

This area is so beautiful but yet so empty and travelling's boring because of it. It all takes forever to even get the most basic equipment in this region.
PVE content is generally low in this game, so if there are no other players willing to help or play with you, then you are really, really fucked and you may die of boredome while grinding the very basics for gear.

Whats your experience? Have I missed something? Maybe some random chests with few coins or crappy starter gear?
I think every player should have/keep at least 1 set of crappy starting gear and a crappy starting weapon of choice bound to his soul to get things started a bit less frustrating.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Yra

Feb 12, 2022
Toxai and Morin Khur are not the easiest places without a horse, without some cash/backup gear in the bank and without friends.

The best thing you could probably do is beg people for a cheap/half-broken weapon or gather some flowers/fruits and sell them.

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Toxai is pretty empty, alot of eastern plains seem to have been overlooked by Starvault. There are many lakes with invisible waters and things of that nature.

Toxai is close to Morin Khur which is not as empty so i would make my way there.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Now you know whyToxai is, and always has been, so empty 😆.
the good part is that you wont get ganked as much. The bad part is that its very remote and isolated.

youll have to pick pickables until you can mine, cut wood, or fish. If its too empty for you, then Morin Kur is very close. They have a graveyard.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Toxai isn't bad. Near salvia, sea dew, water, bandits, pigs, brown bears, black bears. Zombies are basically useless now anyway unless you're really broke and need some fast cash. Only 2xp per kill and 10s now. I remember when zombies used to be like 25s per a head and 6 clade xp

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
If you had kept your starter sword and torch when you were dropped in Haven those items are soul bound to you and you keep them upon death. You have to port them over with you though when you leave Haven.

Reactions: Treibholz

wateradded

Dec 18, 2021
Go to the big island and collect the sea dew, 1 time around the island will net you approx 2 gold in vendor value. With that money you can buy fishing rod+line+hook and that will give you the opportunity to earn hundreds of gold if you are patient. Read taming and then you can tame the horses near ruins, there are always a bunch of them there. Once you are strong enough kill bandits near the ramp for gold, clade and scrolls etc Or you can get a horse and start killing pigs around Toxai, there are 4 spawns. Once leveled up a bit can go up the ramp for other animals.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Hi @ all!

Just made my way from Fabernum to Toxai, then lost all my equipment cause of falling off some cliffs into a crevice and now here I am!
Without pants and empty pockets (There are no pants, so there are no pockets...)
I not even have a crappy starter-sword and weapons at the vendor are starting at 20 silver. (10 silver at auction house maybe if you are lucky)

There also seems to be no graveyard or adventure zone
Wood and rocks can only be gathered with a melee weapon.
I remember there is a pickaxe for 5 silver (?)

So I guess I have to punch some rabbits and other small animals (which do not exist or at least are very rare in the city surroundings)
Or collect some pickable plants and Gherkins (which seem to be also rare and do not give that much of a coin)

So this is really the way to do it? Grind some plants till you can afford a pickaxe, then grind some rocks and wood to sell them or make gear, next walk up the long road (which takes like forever without a horse), to finally reach more landscapes of emptyness?

This area is so beautiful but yet so empty and travelling's boring because of it. It all takes forever to even get the most basic equipment in this region.
PVE content is generally low in this game, so if there are no other players willing to help or play with you, then you are really, really fucked and you may die of boredome while grinding the very basics for gear.

Whats your experience? Have I missed something? Maybe some random chests with few coins or crappy starter gear?
I think every player should have/keep at least 1 set of crappy starting gear and a crappy starting weapon of choice bound to his soul to get things started a bit less frustrating.
We've been whining througout the beta about the insane imbalance of resource distribution in this game. Guess what they did. That's right, they added tagmatons to Meduli. And then we wonder why do people pile up in one or two towns making the server lag.

I believe Henrik just hates everything khurite.

Reactions: Paganel and Raknor

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
Thank you for the responses @ all!

And yes @CherryKush, I made the mistake not porting my starter sword over, which would come in handy now. Stupid me!
Guess I better establish a little sea dew startup, level my riding skill, buy a horse and leave this place like...a real man. I guess...

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
Devs need to add pigs in Toxai. Hillspeia and Gaul Kor have pigs near or inside the town1 or 2 pigs is enough to buy a weak weapon so you can gather more easily. I suggest you stay close to the West, there is not a lot in the East.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
You can just collect the pigs next to the stable in Toxai. Good money. Then, buy any armor on broker. Horses are near in forest. Make bag for horse. Hunting - money. Often there are bows on broker too. In general, there are a lot of bandits near Toxai. you can farm.

Last edited: