Scribing...needs to be like MO1

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Was excited for the scribing mechanic in Mortal Online 2 as it would've been the first introduction for mini-games besides the gambling that would eventually come out.

Place a scroll and a book together, Can't wait to draw some glyphs......Scroll has been applied to book.......wait...what?

What the fuck happened to scribing?
Hopefully this is simply a place-holder but i truly doubt it.

*Edit I've made a short video showing the differences in Scribing for Mortal Online 1 & 2

Last edited:

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
I do agree, but hopefully much later down the road as there's so many other things that need priority on dev time at the moment and in the near / far future.

Reactions: Belegar

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Ok, this sounds & looks like a corner cut to rush the mechanic out. I never scribed in MO1, but appreciated that there was a mini game to it.

What next, lockpicking wont have a mini game and instead have a dice roll if lockpicks break or unlock?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So I saw a trailer for the patch and in it, it shows that 6 lesser heal scrolls = 100%.

So if its actually like you need X amount of scroll and anything under that is just luck if you get then that is good.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
So I saw a trailer for the patch and in it, it shows that 6 lesser heal scrolls = 100%.

So if its actually like you need X amount of scroll and anything under that is just luck if you get then that is good.

So, those are spurt scrolls in the video, and there's 8 of them, not 6, and that's simply a stack of scrolls, it isn't using all of them when scribing and using more doesn't affect your chance.

• Love
Reactions: Nefnate

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So, those are spurt scrolls in the video, and there's 8 of them, not 6, and that's simply a stack of scrolls, it isn't using all of them when scribing and using more doesn't affect your chance.
then they should change it to you need multiple scrolls to get 100% chance so instead of 1 scroll for a certain chance.

Needing 6 scrolls for 1 spell then being able to have a RNG chance at lower scroll if you dont have enough.

I dont see the appeal of the scribing mini game, its not like its a challenge there for not added content.

• Sad

Valoran

May 28, 2020
then they should change it to you need multiple scrolls to get 100% chance so instead of 1 scroll for a certain chance.

Needing 6 scrolls for 1 spell then being able to have a RNG chance at lower scroll if you dont have enough.

I dont see the appeal of the scribing mini game, its not like its a challenge there for not added content.
Using multiple scrolls doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I liked the minigame a lot, and it doesn't matter if it has any real gameplay value. It's simply an interesting thing to look at and do as a reward for finding a new spell scroll.

Not having it simply makes the game less interesting and more basic, which isn't the direction I think we should be moving in.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I think gathering / profession work should stop being so lazy and one dimensional.

Give players an option.

A.) Do mini-games to avoid time sinks and reward active gameplay with some being skill based.

B.) Leave in the lazy, boring, 'AFK' method so players who don't want to speed things up can relax and go about stuff casually.

This goes for woodcutting, mining, scribing, armor crafting, weapon crafting, potion making, cooking, etc.

Doing the mini-games speed up the time it would take to do (in the case of woodcutting & mining) where as for other things it would reward the player with beneficial statuses and or additions to their items. (i.e. The armor has a bit higher slashing resistance now, the food has higher stamina and health reserve gains, etc.)

The mini-games should also reward more XP then doing it the 'long' way.

Sorry to see that Star Vault is pruning more stuff for the sake of casualizing everything.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Using multiple scrolls doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I liked the minigame a lot, and it doesn't matter if it has any real gameplay value. It's simply an interesting thing to look at and do as a reward for finding a new spell scroll.

Not having it simply makes the game less interesting and more basic, which isn't the direction I think we should be moving in.
It makes gameplay sense. Maybe not RP sense but the thing with RP I can make up anything like scrolls are degraded and parts of it are unreadable so you need multiple to get the missing parts from each.

The content is obtaining scrolls, scribing is not content. its a number next to a work in the skill screen. A mini game is a mini game not very in depth or fulfilling content.

Now the journey to get the scrolls might be need to be completed several times making far more content then get a scroll and be done with it forever.

• Sad