Road map updated

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Updated today: https://www.mortalonline2.com/alpha/#roadmap

Means we get a large patch next week with magic and taming, followed by Haven and all cities and more fauna & monsters & dungeon in March before the large stress test at March 25th.

In case of the persistent state soon after the stress test we will not see auction houses in the beginning of the persistent state.

Reactions: Treibholz

a.out

May 28, 2020
I'd be quite impressed, but not necesserily surprised. Way to go SV.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
in a perfect world, the stress test will go off without a hitch and we'll get persistent at end of the march. somehow i doubt everything will go according to plan. More than likely there will be some issues with scaling that will need to be addressed, and that will take time. time they can use to improve the rest of the game

-barcode

Atr3au

Sep 22, 2020
Why does it say release March when in the press release, Henrik didn't discuss a release date just that they would have a better idea of when persistent would go? Either I'm dumb or this is confusing. Also, there is no link on the website to sign up for the new test, just a newsletter.

Meos

Dec 20, 2020
Why does it say release March when in the press release, Henrik didn't discuss a release date just that they would have a better idea of when persistent would go? Either I'm dumb or this is confusing. Also, there is no link on the website to sign up for the new test, just a newsletter.

The word "release" is just there to indicate what particular features are released in which month. It says release for february too and has said so on every single month before that. It does not mean an official launch (release) of the game.

JGByrne

Feb 8, 2021
I always thought it was a bit odd making the game persistent before players had a proper chance to test out mounts, magic and the other systems they want to implement since they are so crucial to the foundation and would result in a pretty poor persistent experience if they were broken. I'm glad they're taking their time and props to SV for their work and good decision making so far.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
The game is not ready for Early Access. What March are you talking about. What will new players do in the game (there is no PVE in the game)? For early access, all the basic mechanics of the game must be added to the game, as well as a variety of mobs and at least a modified AI of mobs (and not what we have now). With the fact that we now have to release the game, it is impossible, otherwise we will receive anti-advertising of the product and bad reviews in the incentive and, as a result, a small number of players in the project. If I am wrong, correct me.

a.out

May 28, 2020
The game is not ready for Early Access. What March are you talking about. What will new players do in the game (there is no PVE in the game)? For early access, all the basic mechanics of the game must be added to the game, as well as a variety of mobs and at least a modified AI of mobs (and not what we have now). With the fact that we now have to release the game, it is impossible, otherwise we will receive anti-advertising of the product and bad reviews in the incentive and, as a result, a small number of players in the project. If I am wrong, correct me.
It's a bold move for sure. Taming alone is quite a big feature and they will release that plus magic within a week, and then only another month for mounts and "more fauna". They are cutting it very short.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
It's a bold move for sure. Taming alone is quite a big feature and they will release that plus magic within a week, and then only another month for mounts and "more fauna". They are cutting it very short.
the quality of what they add is very low and requires a lot of polishing. AI mobs are terrifying. The landscape of the game world with a bunch of bugs (water without sounds and underwater textures, a bunch of grass in the air, stones with transparent textures, bugs with light, shadows, and so on). When will they fix all this? Indeed, with each patch of such small errors, more and more accumulate, when they gain a critical mass.

a.out

May 28, 2020
the quality of what they add is very low and requires a lot of polishing. AI mobs are terrifying. The landscape of the game world with a bunch of bugs (water without sounds and underwater textures, a bunch of grass in the air, stones with transparent textures, bugs with light, shadows, and so on). When will they fix all this? Indeed, with each patch of such small errors, more and more accumulate, when they gain a critical mass.
Well, personally, I don't mind. I look forward to it. I don't explore and therefore test all that much if its not persistent, so there is some gains to be had here. I just hope there wont 'accumulate' problems in the form of wealth generated by glitches.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
persistence cant really happen until all magic schools are in, right? Gives --much advantage to 50kg armor wearers.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
persistence cant really happen until all magic schools are in, right? Gives --much advantage to 50kg armor wearers.

"ALL" magic schools will be in the game in ten years. There are about 13 magic schools planned, and we had four of them in MO1.