Ritual Buff needs to come ASAP!

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
This is a Level 125 Mino Mixed with a Campodon For Max HP. My Mino lore is 100 my Campadon lore is 100, My rituals is 91. The Mino was maid with a Rough Dravit. Its not at all a good gem, But this is a level 125 MINO!!! And it was hitting a Dagger mage (One of the least tanky builds in the game) for 17. It even hit him once or 2x for 9 damage. This is why Ritual, and Necromancy is a fucking Joke. "Well you used a shitty gem" Mfer its a 125 mino. The mage was in horned scales!! You dont see how that is a problem? It takes 2 Sator kills to get enough scales to make his armor. To raise a mino you have to go to one part of the whole fucking map, Kill a multiple minos, then use 4.5 stacks of carcass. + All the grinding for the ritual level. And your telling me a simple dagger mage build can just ignore a level 125 mino? G fkin G

Reactions: Goremor

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Ritualism is a joke right now.
Takes around 60-70 hours to Level if you farm the carcass by yourself, 3200 gold for the ritual candles and tables not to mention that transporting them is dangerous.
My tupilak with clothos maiden queen carcass and 100gold adamant gems do 45 damage to naked people. It is about 5 damage to steel. The cost of this pet is around 300-400gold. Starvault can not balance their game. I provided feedback for years and supported @Henrik Nyström but this company ruined 3 equerries full of pets and I had to spend tens of thousands of gold and hundreds of hours for testing, just to find out that I burned my money pretty much on a garbage system developed by an apprentice ending up with stables full of pets that I will not be able to use in this game. It only needs 1 shitty geared player with a startersword to kill a 400gold tupilak because damage, health and damage mitigation is so bad developed. Thank you very much Starvault.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Ritualism is a joke right now.
Takes around 60-70 hours to Level if you farm the carcass by yourself, 3200 gold for the ritual candles and tables not to mention that transporting them is dangerous.
My tupilak with clothos maiden queen carcass and 100gold adamant gems do 45 damage to naked people. It is about 5 damage to steel. The cost of this pet is around 300-400gold. Starvault can not balance their game. I provided feedback for years and supported @Henrik Nyström but this company ruined 3 equerries full of pets and I had to spend tens of thousands of gold and hundreds of hours for testing, just to find out that I burned my money pretty much on a garbage system developed by an apprentice ending up with stables full of pets that I will not be able to use in this game. It only needs 1 shitty geared player with a startersword to kill a 400gold tupilak because damage, health and damage mitigation is so bad developed. Thank you very much Starvault.
Yeah And I bet this "New system" They are working on will only increase the effectiveness by some BS like 20%
Rituals should be OP imo

Benefits of ritual pets.
You dont have to feed the pets
you dont have to use pet points to have them

Negatives of ritual
Your restricted to 1 mount and 1 attack pet.
They lose all resistances.
The lose 50%+ HP, The only pet you can achieve more hp then its living counter part is a horse.
The lose around 80% of their damage.
You cant store them in cities. So you have to have multiple houses just to keep them.
They take longer then taming or dominating to get.
A dagger mage in horned scales (Not even a full armor set) can literally ignore a level 125 mino.
Good gems are Rare, and if you do use one, It does not do anything noticeable.

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Yeah And I bet this "New system" They are working on will only increase the effectiveness by some BS like 20%
Rituals should be OP imo

Benefits of ritual pets.
You dont have to feed the pets
you dont have to use pet points to have them

Negatives of ritual
Your restricted to 1 mount and 1 attack pet.
They lose all resistances.
The lose 50%+ HP, The only pet you can achieve more hp then its living counter part is a horse.
The lose around 80% of their damage.
You cant store them in cities. So you have to have multiple houses just to keep them.
They take longer then taming or dominating to get.
A dagger mage in horned scales (Not even a full armor set) can literally ignore a level 125 mino.
Good gems are Rare, and if you do use one, It does not do anything noticeable.
I don't think they need to be OP. Nothing in the game should be OP but the current situation of ritualism is a design shame. Starvault forced players into it spending ridiculous amounts of hours and gold into it but in the end let them realise that this was a goldsink for nothing and there are only 3 variables you can tweak on.
In my oppinion all pets in game need a rework and starvault should work on a way to increase it surviveability in combat and not its damage. I personally do not need pets hitting for 100 damage every second but rather have pets that are challenging for enemies because they need manpower to kill them. A Tupilak for example should be challenging on the battlefield for the cost it has. But it pretty much falls apart in just a couple of hits because of no damage mitigation.
My Idea is to change ritualism and bind the skill level to the pets level. WIth 100 Skillpoints you create 125 pets immediately. Leave the damage what it is now but increase the damage mitigation significantly. Let the pets last longer on the battlefield. If you be able to kill a pet with NO money need to be invested (startersword or 1gold bow from merchant) than this the wrong way!

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I don't think they need to be OP. Nothing in the game should be OP but the current situation of ritualism is a design shame. Starvault forced players into it spending ridiculous amounts of hours and gold into it but in the end let them realise that this was a goldsink for nothing and there are only 3 variables you can tweak on.
In my oppinion all pets in game need a rework and starvault should work on a way to increase it surviveability in combat and not its damage. I personally do not need pets hitting for 100 damage every second but rather have pets that are challenging for enemies because they need manpower to kill them. A Tupilak for example should be challenging on the battlefield for the cost it has. But it pretty much falls apart in just a couple of hits because of no damage mitigation.
My Idea is to change ritualism and bind the skill level to the pets level. WIth 100 Skillpoints you create 125 pets immediately. Leave the damage what it is now but increase the damage mitigation significantly. Let the pets last longer on the battlefield. If you be able to kill a pet with NO money need to be invested (startersword or 1gold bow from merchant) than this the wrong way!
But then you would still have the problem I Originally made this thread about.
A dagger mage in shit armor can just ignor the pet and kill me, You should not be able to ignore a High tier pet no matter what! They need to do enough damage to present a threat. Its a Pet that only purpose in its 2nd life is to do my bidding for me, while bringing pain and misery.
If I wanted a something to tank. There is no point. Bc then I'm dead.

My level 125 Terror bird hits a dagger mage with the same set up for 34-40 damage. I was like DAMMM! Then my tamer buddy said his level 34 terror bird hits for that much, and has 150 more hp when level 125.

They need to be buffed on all aspects!

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You can use a 125 pet and a 125 horse with a Necro.
A tamer or dominator with CC, ACC and herding won't have enough points to do the same and it involved far more primary points than ritualism does.
I got so many times run over by a Mounted Archer / Mage with a Risen Terror Bird. My Alvarin doesn't have a sliver of a chance once I got dismounted.

So no, I don't think they need to be buffed.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
You can use a 125 pet and a 125 horse with a Necro.
A tamer or dominator with CC, ACC and herding won't have enough points to do the same and it involved far more primary points than ritualism does.
I got so many times run over by a Mounted Archer / Mage with a Risen Terror Bird. My Alvarin doesn't have a sliver of a chance once I got dismounted.

So no, I don't think they need to be buffed.
Well just bc u had a bad experience with it dosnt mean its op.
Also 181 more points for full tame is not much more. it takes 200 for rituals. + 600 if you want to count in all the mage stuff. So its really not much at all When you look at other skills that are required for builds.
The consensus of it is its shit.
The level 125 terror birds damage is equilivent to a level 34 terror bird.
The level 125 Mino hits for what a fking level 40 dire wolf hits for.
You can have 2 level 34 terror birds as a tamer or dom and still have enough points for a horse. And that would be equilivent of having 2 125 ritual terror birds.
And that is just not possible with rituals bc you can only have a mount and attack pet. So its really a waist of points, and countless more hours of grinding and gold for an inferior build.
So yes it does need a buff.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Also 181 more points for full tame is not much more. it takes 200 for rituals. + 600 if you want to count in all the mage stuff. So its really not much at all When you look at other skills that are required for builds.
The consensus of it is its shit.
The level 125 terror birds damage is equilivent to a level 34 terror bird.
The level 125 Mino hits for what a fking level 40 dire wolf hits for.
You can have 2 level 34 terror birds as a tamer or dom and still have enough points for a horse. And that would be equilivent of having 2 125 ritual terror birds.
And that is just not possible with rituals bc you can only have a mount and attack pet. So its really a waist of points, and countless more hours of grinding and gold for an inferior build.
So yes it does need a buff.
Did you play MO1? We really do not want super OP ritual pets again in the game, it totally broke PVP and ruined the game.

Reactions: Xunila and Rhias

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Never said it's op. I just said it doesn't need a buff. In a 1 vs 1 (necro) pets are strong.

I fucked up a bit in the video because I missed the parrys. Hard to read the bird's animation when it moves a bit...
What do you think would have happened in case I didn't faill to parry the bird and got it on low life? He would simply have called it back, healed it up, and started again.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Never said it's op. I just said it doesn't need a buff. In a 1 vs 1 (necro) pets are strong.

I fucked up a bit in the video because I missed the parrys. Hard to read the bird's animation when it moves a bit...
What do you think would have happened in case I didn't faill to parry the bird and got it on low life? He would simply have called it back, healed it up, and started again.
Yeah u fucked up! lol. But your are in like molarium and only taking 14 damage!!
You are missing the point. Had that been a non ritual pet you would of never made it to the strong hold based off of pure damage. Ritual pets lose all resistances, 50%+ hp, and around 70-85% damage from living counter part.
If you didn not fuck the parry's up he would of been 1 healing the bird, 2 mage banging you. But if for some reason he fucked up more then you, When he calls it back you swap to your bow and shoot him.
You hit the terror bird 2x for 109 damage! Had he not healed it it would of been around half hp... from 2 hits....

Why do you think its okay for living pets to do mass damage with mass health, but not for ritual pets to be some what viable.

You could of easily won that fight especially if you switched to bow when exploiting the nav mesh of the strong hold!

Reactions: Fearce

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Did you play MO1? We really do not want super OP ritual pets again in the game, it totally broke PVP and ruined the game.
Im not asking for them to be Super op, Unless its a really rare boss carcass, gem, artifact combo! And it should be at that point. If you make a tupulak from 4 different bosses, and a 500G+ gem and artifact. It SHOULD be OP!

I really just want ritual pets to be 3/4s as good as living counter parts, and able to past them by around 10% With ample investment.
What i dont want is what we have now, To make a full bead its 400-800Gold, and for the best gem its 300+gold. + all the carcass and time for skill grinding/transporting. For something that hits incisium armor for 20 at level 125. Its a fucking JOKE.

Reactions: Fearce

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Im not asking for them to be Super op, Unless its a really rare boss carcass, gem, artifact combo! And it should be at that point. If you make a tupulak from 4 different bosses, and a 500G+ gem and artifact. It SHOULD be OP!

I really just want ritual pets to be 3/4s as good as living counter parts, and able to past them by around 10% With ample investment.
What i dont want is what we have now, To make a full bead its 400-800Gold, and for the best gem its 300+gold. + all the carcass and time for skill grinding/transporting. For something that hits incisium armor for 20 at level 125. Its a fucking JOKE.
No pet should be OP, you dont need skill to press 1 button, why should you be able to easily kill players that use skill like melee fighters? Only because you farm more or buy it with RMT? The day pets work more like bots, as in they follow the same game rules as players, maybe then they could buff them.

Reactions: Piet

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
No pet should be OP, you dont need skill to press 1 button, why should you be able to easily kill players that use skill like melee fighters? Only because you farm more or buy it with RMT? The day pets work more like bots, as in they follow the same game rules as players, maybe then they could buff them.
Funny that you say you dont need skill to press 1 button. But that is literally every build! Oh you move your cam around a little bit, How skillful!
Have you heard about this thing called Long Bow? That only takes 100 points? And it is the most valuable skill in the game, and guess what, You only have to hit one button!
A pet is an advantage! If you see a melee fighter by his self and you have a high level pet (not level of pet, but an actual high tire pet, Mino, tupulak, Jg troll, Tag... Not a wolf, cougar, taru dog...) you should win 100% of the time. Not just based off "pushing one button."

Lets look at your button pushing theory. Were not going to include buttons that both use. All foot fighters do is push 3 buttons Block, attack, and feint. Any pet used requires 4 buttons, Stay, follow attack, and stop. With the introduction of BM It now can take from 4-10 button pushing. So With your button logic it takes more "Skill" to use a tame then a foot fighter, so your logic is flawed. Because we both know what you mean. But if you want to say illogical stuff like that, Ill match your thought process!

But We both want the same thing, What I want to see is Player skills, for pets. So its not just pushing one button like you said above. It needs to be all skill based, Whether it be with "Skill checks" Timed actions that you do to do a specific action based on the situation. Or with proper play and engagement with the pets based on situation. I believe this BM update is a step in the right direction.

But Ritual pets update is not in yet, And I will still make the case that they should be just as good as living counter parts or even stronger because of the total investment you have to do with it. More forgiving then living pets for say. Because of pure investments, How ever they should not be lacking player skills required to use!

• Haha
Reactions: Piet

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah u fucked up! lol. But your are in like molarium and only taking 14 damage!!
You are missing the point. Had that been a non ritual pet you would of never made it to the strong hold based off of pure damage. Ritual pets lose all resistances, 50%+ hp, and around 70-85% damage from living counter part.
If you didn not fuck the parry's up he would of been 1 healing the bird, 2 mage banging you. But if for some reason he fucked up more then you, When he calls it back you swap to your bow and shoot him.
You hit the terror bird 2x for 109 damage! Had he not healed it it would of been around half hp... from 2 hits....

Why do you think its okay for living pets to do mass damage with mass health, but not for ritual pets to be some what viable.

You could of easily won that fight especially if you switched to bow when exploiting the nav mesh of the strong hold!
Did you even watch the fucking video?
I hit the Terror Bird for 80 head with the arrow, and 40 Torso with the spear. The Bird had at least 500 life. So no, I can't 4 hit the bird.

Bird did 13-17 damage to an Incisium/Rawhide Mercenary armor.

The ritu pet should be an addition to a necromancer, and not stronger than the actual player, because it barely involves any primary points.

"You could of easily won that fight especially if you switched to bow when exploiting the nav mesh of the strong hold!"
So pets should be stronger because they're bugged at houses? Like for real, that shit should be fixed.

Rayster

Dec 7, 2022
I'm not a pro at necromancy, I've just started, but I already see so many drawbacks in necromancy compared say to a tamer. It is so clunky and takes so much time just to do something.

Somehow necromancers seem to be someone who hides in a cave and does nothing but rituals.
In my view, the realities of necromancers should be that if you spend so much time training it and sinking so much gold into training it, you should be able to instantly raise and command anything dead on the field without the need for the ritual circle. And become stronger and stronger the more you raise in the field. That way a necromancer can be a potent threat and if you want to be one, you need to invest heavily, just like you need now. Moreover, it would be interesting to be able to raise fallen players as zombie warriors, at least once per corpse.

Reactions: 2Op4Scrubs

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Did you even watch the fucking video?
I hit the Terror Bird for 80 head with the arrow, and 40 Torso with the spear. The Bird had at least 500 life. So no, I can't 4 hit the bird.

Bird did 13-17 damage to an Incisium/Rawhide Mercenary armor.

The ritu pet should be an addition to a necromancer, and not stronger than the actual player, because it barely involves any primary points.

"You could of easily won that fight especially if you switched to bow when exploiting the nav mesh of the strong hold!"
So pets should be stronger because they're bugged at houses? Like for real, that shit should be fixed.
Yeah I watched it, and if he aint heal it u could of 4 shot it maybe 6 if he kept healing it, And just of tanked it. Maybe if u were better and didnt panic, u would not be here crying like me.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I'm not a pro at necromancy, I've just started, but I already see so many drawbacks in necromancy compared say to a tamer. It is so clunky and takes so much time just to do something.

Somehow necromancers seem to be someone who hides in a cave and does nothing but rituals.
In my view, the realities of necromancers should be that if you spend so much time training it and sinking so much gold into training it, you should be able to instantly raise and command anything dead on the field without the need for the ritual circle. And become stronger and stronger the more you raise in the field. That way a necromancer can be a potent threat and if you want to be one, you need to invest heavily, just like you need now. Moreover, it would be interesting to be able to raise fallen players as zombie warriors, at least once per corpse.
I like this take on it. But I would hate it if they got rid of spell casting.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Melee doesn't really take skill in this game. Most fights in open world aren't going to be honorable 1v1 duels in towns with equalized gear, even if you are the better blocker in a 1v1 in the open world but your using a shit bone sword and are naked while fighting someone with a steel sword wearing carapaces armor your still going to die nothing skill based about that. And even than most people aren't even going to try a 1v1 like that most will just zerg you down were you stand. So it great your skilled at 1v1 dueling in towns but outside of towns skill doesn't really mean shit no one coming at you without having an advantage over you and you'd be an idiot to not take ever advantage you can get too.

And beside most pets in this game aren't even OP (beside the dire wolf meta right now that shit is broke no one should be able to have 5-7 combat pets out at 1 time even if they are a lower tier pet), most of the commonly used pets only have 300-500 HP and only hit for 30-40 dmg against a naked target, it not hard to just smash their face in before your own HP runs out if you have a good weapon and armor even more so if your a mounted archer guaranteed so if your a Thursar.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
My level 125 Terror bird hits a dagger mage with the same set up for 34-40 damage. I was like DAMMM! Then my tamer buddy said his level 34 terror bird hits for that much, and has 150 more hp when level 125.

They need to be buffed on all aspects!
Not really no, what needs changes is how strong some pets are as some pets are just never worth using and most like never will be, even a normal dominated Mino is a complete waste of time using, same with black bears, razorbacks, hunter lizards, etc.

There a lot of benefits to Ritual summons that tamers don't get 1 is how many skill points you save not being a tamer, 2 is not having to spend literally days leveling your pets (yes it takes over a week to level a pet to 125 and most time it not even worth it because they still die fast), 3 you don't need to manage your small stable limit and figure out which pets you want to keep and discard just to make room for a better pet you just got.

The only issue with Ritual is the same issue with taming most pets in this game aren't even worth taming let alone using this just carries over to zombie pets as well. So it not that the skill needs a buff the trash tier list of pets that aren't worth using just need a buff a 125 razorback literally only hits naked people for 4 dmg but cost 89 PP to control kind a joke to see someone using 1 tbh.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
The only issue with Ritual is the same issue with taming most pets in this game aren't even worth taming let alone using this just carries over to zombie pets as well. So it not that the skill needs a buff the trash tier list of pets that aren't worth using just need a buff a 125 razorback literally only hits naked people for 4 dmg but cost 89 PP to control kind a joke to see someone using 1 tbh.
It still takes long to level a necro pet as well.
And This Beast master skill if u dont have it reduces damage by like 25%. I remember before this razorbacks used to hit horned scale for like 22+ so make sure u got ur beast master skill and the pet has focus.